Summer transfer targets/rumours, retained list etc

Advert:

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Hoppers said:

I bet if DF and DC were to read this forum tonight, they would be laughing their heads off becasue they know who is being brought in, and I bet a lot on here will end up with egg on their faces - trust the process (im going have that on me gravestone) KTF; UTV etc

I hope to God they don't read what some say on here ! 🙄🙄

Ps. Good luck Gibbo and thanks for giving 100% over the years.

Edited by barny61
Ps added
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

He's signed for Bristol rovers. What the absolute fck we've lost our best player to a fellow promoted team.

I could understand if we'd missed out and he'd gone to a championship or top half L1 team. Can't wrap my head round this at all
I wouldn't say he's our best player. He's arguably the most committed player but not the best.

Sent from my SM-A920F using onevalefan mobile app

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Hoppers said:

Wonder if we announce a signing tomorrow?

No idea but at least fixtures out tomorrow and cup draws so that will take the focus off this a little bit

It wont be long though before players start to be announced

Advert:

3 minutes ago, Jgpvfc said:

Dom Telford according to a pal of mine is off to Bradford. 

Don't they have like 5 strikers already ? Including kian harratt. 

To be honest after they signed small wood, I wouldn't be surprised although I feel he'll end up with us or Bristol Rovers 

I agree with letting him work out his own training schedule, and rotating players to get fresh legs on the field and try to mitigate injuries...I just think if Procs is fit he should, at least, start the game? Soften defences up for younger legs to take advantage of after 60 mins?
  • Like 1

Cue the massive overreaction.
I'm sorry but he isn't & wasn't our best player...
He's played about 110 games for us in 4 years. He was full blooded & came through the ranks, so I understand the love for him, but I genuinely do not think it's this catastrophic loss ppl think it is.
He was injured or serving suspension majority of the time. Got to trust the club, they're closer to the detail than us. If they wanted to keep him & they adjudged him to be so pivotal to our team, they'd have made him an offer he couldn't refuse. They didn't.
Good luck Gibbo, we move on. 
It's the classic vale fan reaction of placing tryers over those with ability. I liked Gibbo, he played with a real determination, but he's not irreplaceable.

Sent from my SM-A920F using onevalefan mobile app

• Like 5

I just want Telford to sign for someone if just to stop the obsession about a player where the rumour came from one person saying they saw him at wembley and nowhere official at all

I just look forward to seeing who the 3 strikers are we will bring in,no doubt more meltdowns will be due when its not Telford 🙂 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Advert:

If you let your better players run down their contracts then unfortunately you run the risk of losing them. He should have been offered a new contract ages ago. It’s sad that we can’t offer a home grown player who has been with us nearly 10 years and has close  family in the area a contract comparable with Bristol Rovers who are going to be in same division. The same will happen when Wilson’s contract runs out next season. Lessons need to be learned. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, werstayinup said:

I just want Telford to sign for someone if just to stop the obsession about a player where the rumour came from one person saying they saw him at wembley and nowhere official at all

I just look forward to seeing who the 3 strikers are we will bring in,no doubt more meltdowns will be due when its not Telford 🙂 

I've heard the other two strikers are Steven Fletcher and Charlie Austin...

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, TreacleValiant said:

If you let your better players run down their contracts then unfortunately you run the risk of losing them. He should have been offered a new contract ages ago. It’s sad that we can’t offer a home grown player who has been with us nearly 10 years and has close  family in the area a contract comparable with Bristol Rovers who are going to be in same division. The same will happen when Wilson’s contract runs out next season. Lessons need to be learned. 

Not being funny but after which injury should we have offered a deal? Talks have gone on anyway as they are/have with other players Stone proves that one.. Gibbo was leaving in January FACT and he wouldn't of signed any contract offered by us at the time

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, TreacleValiant said:

Perhaps we didn’t think he is worth the risk of matching Rovers offer?  Perhaps we offered what we thought was the best deal in view of his injury record?

• Like 6

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, boslemportvale91 said:

I've heard the other two strikers are Steven Fletcher and Charlie Austin...

Dont forget Norwood  🙂 I saw him wearing a Vale sun hat in errrmmm a hot country 😉 hope this gets on FB now

Edited by werstayinup
  • Like 1

Advert:

1 hour ago, boslemportvale91 said:

I've seen a few mention Taylor leaving. Quite concerning as Conlon and Walker are still recovering from bad injuries are they not ? 

I don't fancy watching Aaron Martin playing midfield again if I'm honest 

I saw Walker and Jones doing some light work on Monday. He seemed to be moving OK to me.

I would be very surprised if he’s not ready day 1 unless he has a different injury.

4 minutes ago, TreacleValiant said:

The same will happen when Wilson’s contract runs out next season. Lessons need to be learned. 

I dont agree - Wilson has been pushed and pulled all over the country, and is now settled - plus he will already be minted, so completely different scenario -wouldnt surprise me if JW stays for the rest of his career

• Like 4