Jump to content

Summer transfer targets/rumours, retained list etc


Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Raveninblack said:

I’d like to see Smith Gibbons and Worrall given new contracts, Stone is a number 2 to Covolon,

move Jones and Hussey on, try and sign Edomsone and Cass and we’ll have that Haynes feller

Edited by Playa Amodores
.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Advert:


2 minutes ago, Walka003 said:
1 hour ago, Raveninblack said:
I’d like to see Smith Gibbons and Worrall given new contracts, Stone is a number 2 to Covolon,
move Jones and Hussey on, try and sign Edomsone and Cass and we’ll have that Haynes feller
 

I'm pretty sure Smith will be gone, definitely if we don't win the play offs. Gibbo not sure given his injuries he might stick around if we go up. I agree with the rest of your post, but I think Covolan will go. There’s teaching someone a lesson and then there is totally ignoring him, we even brought Holy in. I think Covs time is up if we can find better.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Raveninblack said:

I’d like to see Smith Gibbons and Worrall given new contracts, Stone is a number 2 to Covolon,

move Jones and Hussey on, try and sign Edomsone and Cass and we’ll have that Haynes feller

 

Worrall has been poor all season. 

  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, darren1810 said:

Whilst we obviously have Hussey, Benning and Gibbo I noticed Haynes has been freed by Newport.  The guy who scored the first last week. 

I championed him on here a couple of years ago as the best left back I'd seen in league 2.

Clearly something amiss if freed unless he's on a decent wedge 

Reading on the Newport forum they say he is very inconsistent. Blinding one game and terrible the next. He clearly had a good day when they came to VP but I'd be a bit wary after those comments. 

Then again, I'm happy to leave it all to the VP brains trust to find the right players.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Advert:


2 hours ago, robf said:

Reading on the Newport forum they say he is very inconsistent. Blinding one game and terrible the next. He clearly had a good day when they came to VP but I'd be a bit wary after those comments. 

Then again, I'm happy to leave it all to the VP brains trust to find the right players.

Try and get Jake Caprice from Exeter, best attacking left wing back in League 2 and he is also  right footed.

We could keep swapping him and Gibbo over during games, it might upset some League 1 defences, fingers crossed.

UTV

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, robf said:

Reading on the Newport forum they say he is very inconsistent. Blinding one game and terrible the next. He clearly had a good day when they came to VP but I'd be a bit wary after those comments. 

Then again, I'm happy to leave it all to the VP brains trust to find the right players.

Rob I heard we were in for Alexander-Arnold and Robertson, but someone else said we were going to sign Dias and Grealish on loan. Its so hard to know who to believe. Spoke to Sproey the other day he said if we can fix his back he may come back, plus his knee and his ankle, hip, shoulder. 

Seriously I  would to add pace to the team in all areas, but they dont come cheap and as Devante proved, sometimes they dont fit. Lots of manangers would never play a Goober, but what was on the tin was, on the tin. We need a Naylor type up front. But in the end its a team and if we win ugly then thats how it has to be. As long as they all put in 100% not a lot we can complain about.

Also Lewandowski, dont quote me, likes oatcakes, so maybe, unsure on this rumour 🙂 

Edited by ginginator
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, mikey said:

Cadden at FGR is out of contract. Given their current situation I think he might be considering his options. 

Sadly he will be aiming a lot higher than us

Although our targets will change if we get promoted

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Harrogates retained list done. Main thing that interested me was they’ve transfer listed Leon Legge. Nothing but respect for him but I think it’s safe to say we won that one hands down between him and Connor Hall.

 

  • Like 3
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Advert:


11 hours ago, Guppys left peg said:

Harrogates retained list done. Main thing that interested me was they’ve transfer listed Leon Legge. Nothing but respect for him but I think it’s safe to say we won that one hands down between him and Connor Hall.

 

What a disastrous move that has been for Legge. I can see him popping up as a coach somewhere but his playing days are nearing an end.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, JSValiant said:

Try and get Jake Caprice from Exeter, best attacking left wing back in League 2 and he is also  right footed.

We could keep swapping him and Gibbo over during games, it might upset some League 1 defences, fingers crossed.

UTV

I agree he does look really good, perhaps too pacy for us. He’s in contract and perhaps the boat sailed for us signing him when he was at Tamworth.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, darren1810 said:

What a disastrous move that has been for Legge. I can see him popping up as a coach somewhere but his playing days are nearing an end.

Not that disastrous. he wasn't given much choice but to move on.... he's not daft though he didn't move house, travelled up there every day,  he kind of knew the writing was on the wall in terms of his Harrogate "career".

Be interesting to see what he does next possibly non league... anywhere where the ball is in the air a lot he ll be fine for another season I think.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, Guppys left peg said:

Harrogates retained list done. Main thing that interested me was they’ve transfer listed Leon Legge. Nothing but respect for him but I think it’s safe to say we won that one hands down between him and Connor Hall.

 

Well its not really a matter of winning, its a matter of money.

We offered Legge plus a fee to Harrogate with a  pay rise for Conner Hall... its easy to spot better players at other clubs but more difficult to make the transfer happen unless the club is backed by a wealthy owner... we are really fortunate in that respect.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Advert:


Theo released by Bradford.

The following players have not been offered new contracts ahead of the 2022/23 season, and will be released:

- Callum Cooke

- Caolan Lavery

- Gareth Evans 

- Olivier Sukiennicki

- Richard O’Donnell

- Theo Robinson

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Theo released by Bradford.

The following players have not been offered new contracts ahead of the 2022/23 season, and will be released:

- Callum Cooke

- Caolan Lavery

- Gareth Evans 

- Olivier Sukiennicki

- Richard O’Donnell

- Theo Robinson

Biggest shock since the sun rose this morning
  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 12/05/2022 at 18:43, ginginator said:

Rob I heard we were in for Alexander-Arnold and Robertson, but someone else said we were going to sign Dias and Grealish on loan. Its so hard to know who to believe. Spoke to Sproey the other day he said if we can fix his back he may come back, plus his knee and his ankle, hip, shoulder. 

Seriously I  would to add pace to the team in all areas, but they dont come cheap and as Devante proved, sometimes they dont fit. Lots of manangers would never play a Goober, but what was on the tin was, on the tin. We need a Naylor type up front. But in the end its a team and if we win ugly then thats how it has to be. As long as they all put in 100% not a lot we can complain about.

Also Lewandowski, dont quote me, likes oatcakes, so maybe, unsure on this rumour 🙂 

If we need a Naylor type up front,what about Dom Telford,who is out of contract at Newport?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Reporting Posts and Ignoring Users

    Admin don't read everything. Don't assume we'll spot rule breaking. Please report posts and we'll act on ASAP. If you're logged in use the orange report post button. If you're not logged in, please use the contact form

    If you can't get on with another user you can "ignore" them. Follow the link, type in their username and save - Click here

    Check with admin if you wish to sell/auction any items. We're happy to support good causes but check first - Contact us here

  • Friends of OVF




×
×
  • Create New...