• OVF player sponsorship 2022

£10 to enter. More details and a link to donate can be found here

Summer transfer targets/rumours, retained list etc

Advert:

1 minute ago, Walka003 said:

He's signed for Bristol rovers. What the absolute fck we've lost our best player to a fellow promoted team.

I could understand if we'd missed out and he'd gone to a championship or top half L1 team. Can't wrap my head round this at all

He's not our best player though is he?

Really weird move. They must be paying him a fortune. 

I'd say we didn't want to offer what Rovers were paying with his injury record, whilst they were prepared to gamble.

• Like 4

Suppose depending who they replace him with depends how much they think can get out of Worrall next season. Would prefer to keep him of course but suppose the club will have made the evaluation based on injury history there’s only a certain point they can go to. 

Good luck to him though, not sure Bristol Rovers is really the step up you’d think he’d be taking at this point but we’ll see.

• Like 1

Gutted, but as others have said, if another team can offer something like double the wages we can, you can't begrudge him moving on, and similarly we can't be breaking the wage structure just to keep him.

Best of luck Gibbo, wherever you end up, and thanks for all your efforts. 👏

• Like 3

Advert:

He's not our best player though is he?
Really weird move. They must be paying him a fortune. 
I'd say we didn't want to offer what Rovers were paying with his injury record, whilst they were prepared to gamble.
He is certainly up there and we were a much better team with him in. Embarrassing to lose him to a promoted team, big questions for DF to answer for me. We're miles off it so far this summer
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 2

Just now, Guppys left peg said:

Suppose depending who they replace him with depends how much they think can get out of Worrall next season. Would prefer to keep him of course but suppose the club will have made the evaluation based on injury history there’s only a certain point they can go to. 

Good luck to him though, not sure Bristol Rovers is really the step up you’d think he’d be taking at this point but we’ll see.

I’d have been looking to replace Worrall this season. I really think the squad needs improving all over the pitch. I think DC will show loyalty to the players who got us up but I think that’s a massive risk. 

• Like 1

Gutted, but as others have said, if another team can offer something like double the wages we can, you can't begrudge him moving on, and similarly we can't be breaking the wage structure just to keep him.
Best of luck Gibbo, wherever you end up, and thanks for all your efforts.
If we're getting beaten in wages teams by other promoted teams that reflects awful on us
  • Confused 1

Advert:

Its not good that we've lost Gibbo, especially to the Gas, but people need to calm down a bit... lets judge the window after the window. His injury record wasn't great and we've just signed Lewis Cass, there will definitely be more comings and goings.

Gibbo was awesome though, cant say that he ever gave less than 100% - not looking forward to playing against him that's for sure, think there might be a few yellow cards for the Gas this season with Barton as a mentor.....

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

Advert:

I mean flickers and darrell have proven they know what they are doing. They know in more detail than any of us about his fitness and likelihood of being able to last seasons without picking up other injurys ao if they think its too much of a risk offering him higher wages then i trust there decisions

• Like 7

1 minute ago, WV said:

Disappointing but don't think it is time for panic or slating the club. Doesn't take much on here does it. We will replace him with better. 

I think it's because Gibbo was such a fan favourite - a bit of a throwback if you like - that people are so disappointed by this. He is replaceable on pure footballing ability but probably not so easily in terms of attitude, commitment, demanding high standards from his peers and his ability to galvanise a crowd.

If we haven't tried very hard to keep him at the club, then it's a big error of judgement in my opinion.