Summer transfer targets/rumours, retained list etc

I'm bored of the twitter rumours/nonsense now. Most of them seem to be kids or some random team fan page 

Can't wait for pre season friendlies and seeing how the squad shapes up.

The Gibbons to Bristol Rovers one is just ridiculous.

I remember the Smith saga from two years where we all thought he had left as it was so long only for the vale social media page to surpise us with a video. I'm still confident james will do the same but if not I wish him well unless it's against us 

• Confused 1

Advert:

Regards loan players (as with potential permanent signings)  I would imagine the process has different players identified for Lg1 than those for Lg2 ie horses for courses. So I’d assume/hope these new loan players would  have the same character/attitude as we were impressed by from Ryan and Kian but are better players per se. If Ryan is still under contract (which admittedly seems unclear) I’d imagine Leeds would be looking for him to have more game time and that’s now more likely in Lg2 @Carlisle rather than with us ie exactly the same reasoning for Huddersfield moving Kian Harratt on to Bradford.

• Like 1

Even if Vale were interested in signing him (which isn't clear)... if you were Ryan Edmondson you may also think the possibility of regular starts at Carlisle may be better for your career development than being a back-up / bench warmer at Vale. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Brilliant the club keep all these dealings in house but it’s boring not being linked with any players when we have hardly done any business.(announced)

Admin going have to close this thread at this rate.

EDIT: I preferred it when it was 🤫 and we still had Gibbo 😂

Edited by MBE

2 minutes ago, MBE said:

Brilliant the club keep all these dealings in house but it’s boring not being linked with any players when we have hardly done any business.(announced)

MBE, aren’t all players under contract until 1/7/22. I’d be surprised if anything starts to happen officially until then. Yes some players probably do know where they’ll be playing next season but if another club comes in offering more money then they’ll change their mind. Until then they’ll be contracted to their parent club who may still be trying to keep them.

Advert:

2 months to go, patience

Sent from my SM-A715F using onevalefan mobile app

Advert:

At end of the day nobody is bigger than the team. Yes gutted as he shows everything youd want to see in a vale player however we proved last season we can cope without him. I believe vale will replace him well. Nothing but respect for the lad and wish him luck wherever he ends up. Maybe vale thought with his injury record he wasnt worth paying over the top in wages. 

• Like 1

Advert:

He's signed for Bristol rovers. What the absolute fck we've lost our best player to a fellow promoted team.

I could understand if we'd missed out and he'd gone to a championship or top half L1 team. Can't wrap my head round this at all

• Like 4