Summer transfer targets/rumours, retained list etc

35 minutes ago, philmpv said:
40 minutes ago, MiddleportValiant said:
I still think the Telford signing could be very much so on the cards. He is still under contract at Newport until the end of june so technically an announcement of his signing couldn't be announced till after then. 

We didn't have a problem announcing that players under contract would be joining us at the end of their contract last June. Don't think that's it. I'm dubious that we're in for him personally. Seems to go against the value for money etc ethos of DF and DC.

How do you know he might choose slightly less money for a team that is on the up and is highly rated by his fellow pros. At the end of the day we dont know what hes been offered if we are even in for him but i wouldnt say it goes agaisnt our ethos and also most of our players are on contracts from when we were in league 2 so there might be a bit more money to spend on players wages than we think. 

Advert:

18 minutes ago, Walka003 said:

Amoo joining Maidenhead on a 2 year deal

Thought a league 2 club might have picked him up to be honest. 

All the best to him. Great player when he was on form. 

His cross for pope goal at citeh will always be remembered 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, boslemportvale91 said:

I really like David Amoo.  Hope he does well at his new club.

• Like 3

Advert:

15 minutes ago, boslemportvale91 said:

Echo what's been said. Good servant to us.

Expected possible move to say Crawley Stevenage or Orient, should of been signed by League 2 club for sure. 

Hope he does well at Maidenhead. 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, andy jones said:

had the pleasure of chatting with David Amoo quite a few times this last season.

Absolutely top guy and wish him well both in his career and his recent marriage.

Is he married??  Bugger!

• Haha 3

6 hours ago, Hoppers said:

yes beware the one season wonder - however, if we are spreading goals around as we do, a telford, proctor, wilson, garritty combo with double figures each would be ace 👍 NICE

It worked for us for most of last season. All being well, Willo has shown what he's capable of...Procs likewise. If we get 30 between those two, we can get another 30+ from the rest of the team?

• Like 1

Advert:

6 hours ago, robf said:

Nice interview with Aidan and yet another player saying how well the club treat him and his family - 

That must help, rather than feeling they're just an asset? Job satisfaction is still an important factor and can only elevate Vale in some players' eyes?

• Like 3

4 hours ago, boslemportvale91 said:

I can't see Proctor starting that many games next season...

Why??? He will play unless he's injured...but there may be a bit of rotation if we have 4 / 5 forwards?

Amoo hasn't joined Maidenhead. It's a claim from some weird twitter account that only started tweeting today for the first time since January. 

19 minutes ago, LancyTony said:

Why??? He will play unless he's injured...but there may be a bit of rotation if we have 4 / 5 forwards?

I imagine DC and Co will be careful playing Proctor every Saturday and every other Tuesday with his injuries over the year. Its been mentioned before Proctor doesn't  train every day in the week. And to be honest I think with the efl Cup and maybe a fa cup/carabao Cup run. We'll need four strikers anyway

• Like 1

Advert:

I think as with everything Port Vale these days, there will be a plan and structure for Proctor.

He had 2 injuries, the first one was a 6 week job October, then his freak incident with the Walsall keeper in November kept him out another 3 months.

Obviously at the end of the season he was running on empty and didn't start any of the play off games due to niggles and injections.

I really think with rest and recuperation he should come back raring to go and there is no reason he can't play 30 games this coming season. 

8 hours ago, LancyTony said:

That must help, rather than feeling they're just an asset? Job satisfaction is still an important factor and can only elevate Vale in some players' eyes?

He says he feels the love from the Vale fans. That sounds so good to hear.

I'm glad he's here for 2 years. I know he makes the odd mistake but his reflex saves are great. 

I'm sure he'll improve

• Like 1