• OVF player sponsorship 2022

£10 to enter. More details and a link to donate can be found here

Summer transfer targets/rumours, retained list etc

Why do we keep posting as if anonymous twitter accounts are legitimate verified news sources? Anyone? Bueller? Anyone?
People must be unaware that all rumours must have their sources verified by Doha before posting.

It's a rumours and speculation thread dude.

Advert:

Interesting comment from Clarke re Proctor:

"He had one or two injury problems towards the back end of the season, but he never stopped putting his body on the line for the club so we’re looking forward to him getting as many games as he possibly can."

I think there is a realisation/acceptance that he won't be starting every game, so I think the idea is for him to be backup? That's how I read it anyway!

I still think we'll sign a couple of "1st choice" strikers.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, TreacleValiant said:

Proctor staying puts the Telford rumours to bed. He is set to sign for Bristol Rovers. 

I still think the Telford signing could be very much so on the cards. He is still under contract at Newport until the end of june so technically an announcement of his signing couldn't be announced till after then. 

• Like 1

Advert:

I still think the Telford signing could be very much so on the cards. He is still under contract at Newport until the end of june so technically an announcement of his signing couldn't be announced till after then. 
We didn't have a problem announcing that players under contract would be joining us at the end of their contract last June. Don't think that's it. I'm dubious that we're in for him personally. Seems to go against the value for money etc ethos of DF and DC.
  • Like 1

We didn't have a problem announcing that players under contract would be joining us at the end of their contract last June. Don't think that's it. I'm dubious that we're in for him personally. Seems to go against the value for money etc ethos of DF and DC.
I agree, but there's no smoke without fire and this rumour has hung around for a while now. As you say, it doesn't feel like a Clarke signing but they will have done their homework and if he fits the matrix I would not be surprised if we have been in for him.

Sent from my SM-A920F using onevalefan mobile app

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, leedsvaliant said:

I agree, but there's no smoke without fire and this rumour has hung around for a while now. As you say, it doesn't feel like a Clarke signing but they will have done their homework and if he fits the matrix I would not be surprised if we have been in for him.

There is a <ovf censored> shitload of smoke without fire when it comes to transfer rumours.

Advert:

9 minutes ago, philmpv said:

He's under contract for another season according to this

Ah ok. I read previously he was going to be out of contract from 

but Leeds Live should be more accurate you’d have thought 

6 hours ago, valefan16 said:

Egbo to Charlton... 

The Swindon right back? That’s a good move. Thought he was rubbish in those 2 games at the end of the season. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Advert:

8 minutes ago, PV1973 said:

The Swindon right back? That’s a good move. Thought he was rubbish in those 2 games at the end of the season. 

I thought he was brilliant 

• Like 2