• OVF player sponsorship 2022

£10 to enter. More details and a link to donate can be found here

Summer transfer targets/rumours, retained list etc

1 hour ago, robf said:

Nice interview with Aidan and yet another player saying how well the club treat him and his family - 

Thats why i am only interested in players who want to come to us for what the club can offer them as a family etc and not just chasing the wonga

• Like 4

Advert:

Cracking news on Proctor,i think we all wanted him to re sign,i do think his injuries could restrict him but hearing DC say how much he can bring to the younger lads maybe a bit of coaching will be involved as well,that's how we look after players here.

So at the moment we have Wilson and Proc as strikers and we know DC wont want a repeat of having no cover when they were injured last season so i think we will end up with 5 forwards at the club including another experienced one and with how things are going i can see a new face being unveiled this week.

Onwards and Upwards

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TreacleValiant said:

Proctor staying puts the Telford rumours to bed. He is set to sign for Bristol Rovers. 

Not really, we still need forwards to avoid what happened last season with out goal drought and with Telford it isn't 100% done until he signs for someone (tbh, I also don't think it will be us)

Advert:

17 minutes ago, TreacleValiant said:

Proctor staying puts the Telford rumours to bed. He is set to sign for Bristol Rovers. 

We need 2 more strikers, and one may be Telford or a loan option which worked well last season

23 minutes ago, TreacleValiant said:

According to a single 4 week old anonymous twitter account.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, TreacleValiant said:

I can't see Proctor starting that many games next season. We still need another two strikers regardless.

Bristol , Mansfield and vale have all been linked with him. Nothing confirmed yet

To be honest most of the rumours have come from twitter pages that aren't exactly a respective source. Just fun pre season guesses  

33 minutes ago, werstayinup said:

Thats why i am only interested in players who want to come to us for what the club can offer them as a family etc and not just chasing the wonga

It’s a bit of a simplistic view. Personally i wouldn’t begrudge any player moving on or not signing for us if the deal isn’t right for them. It’s a short career after all. Being a nice well run family club doesn’t pay the bills does it. I think if we were lucky enough to in that position we’d look at it in the same way. 

Agree with previous posts about proctor, great news he’s signed but I think we’ll also be in the market for another first choice striker. 

• Like 1

Advert:

1 minute ago, werstayinup said:

I struggle to see how we can be linked to any player if we are being honest as nothing gets leaked from the club any more and i guess thats why there are a lack of rumours regarding us

I miss the days of the efl rumour website where we were linked with robbie flower, ballotelli brother and Ricardo fuller 

• Like 1

Advert:

Posted (edited)

Has anyone got a link to the twitter thread by the person who ran one of these accounts, where he basically said it's a load of old made up donkey 💩?

It was only this week that Edmondson was supposedly off to Australia.

Edited by mr.hobblesworth
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1