Summer transfer targets/rumours, retained list etc

Advert:

I'd like to see 3/4 out and the same in, with some activity in the loan market.

Keepers: I'd keep both. Cov will have had a chastening couple of months and might be better for it. Stone's distribution is improving, but he's still No2 for me.

Smith needs to be our central defender of a three, but I'd like to see us have a back-up with more pace. That means Martin out and someone else in.

Cass in to play RCB. With Gibbo able to cover LWB, I'd look at moving Hussey on.

Charsley can go for me. He's a runner, but we need more than that in the middle of the park. Pett will be back up to Walker, which is fine, so I'd look at a better passer of the ball to support Conlon. I can see Taylor as back up to Garrity as the man arriving late in the box.

Amoo looks likely to leave, which is fine. He's been a good servant and goes with my best, but we don't play wingers anymore, so he doesn't really fit in.

I'd love to keep Harratt on loan or permanent, with another striker added too - ideally someone with Proctors attributes. 

Hurst might be struggling, but I've always had a soft spot for the lad and saw something in him when he first broke into the team. Looks made to be a wing back, and he's cheap, so I'd keep him on.

• Like 1

Stone is a bit like Brown for me in the sense of great reaction saves but apprehensive commanding of his area. His hestitation directly caused the corner for Bristol Rovers second goal. Kicking, particularly under the pressure of an advancing forward, has been pretty poor lately.

I honestly can't predict what'll happen with Covolan, I wouldn't be surprised if he started next season or if he was sold on.

If we were in League 1 though I think I'd want a new number one keeper.

Advert:

Walsall now issued their retained list. Suppose Zak Mills agent gets to prove how good he is again by finding another L2 club to take him on. Can’t say as there is anything there that would particularly interest me other than a flyer on Rory Holden depending on his fitness.

Just now, Guppys left peg said:

Walsall now issued their retained list. Suppose Zak Mills agent gets to prove how good he is again by finding another L2 club to take him on. Can’t say as there is anything there that would particularly interest me other than a flyer on Rory Holden depending on his fitness.

Zak Mills has experience at this level so I think someone will take a chance on him.

Advert:

Posted (edited)

Whilst we obviously have Hussey, Benning and Gibbo I noticed Haynes has been freed by Newport.  The guy who scored the first last week. 

I championed him on here a couple of years ago as the best left back I'd seen in league 2.

Clearly something amiss if freed unless he's on a decent wedge 

Edited by darren1810
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, johnjeffersfanclub said:

I'd like to see 3/4 out and the same in, with some activity in the loan market.

Keepers: I'd keep both. Cov will have had a chastening couple of months and might be better for it. Stone's distribution is improving, but he's still No2 for me.

Smith needs to be our central defender of a three, but I'd like to see us have a back-up with more pace. That means Martin out and someone else in.

Cass in to play RCB. With Gibbo able to cover LWB, I'd look at moving Hussey on.

Charsley can go for me. He's a runner, but we need more than that in the middle of the park. Pett will be back up to Walker, which is fine, so I'd look at a better passer of the ball to support Conlon. I can see Taylor as back up to Garrity as the man arriving late in the box.

Amoo looks likely to leave, which is fine. He's been a good servant and goes with my best, but we don't play wingers anymore, so he doesn't really fit in.

I'd love to keep Harratt on loan or permanent, with another striker added too - ideally someone with Proctors attributes. 

Hurst might be struggling, but I've always had a soft spot for the lad and saw something in him when he first broke into the team. Looks made to be a wing back, and he's cheap, so I'd keep him on.

Lot of sense here

19 hours ago, Walka003 said:

Just seen us linked with Callum Rowe, released by Exeter.

The left back?

I'd imagine we will be in the market for a new LWB. I'd guess Benning hasn't lived up to expectations. Something just not clicked during his time so far, maybe we would see the best of him next season if he gets the chance?

Connor Ripley would be a decent option as 1st choice keeper.

29 years old, and been a backup keeper for Preston for the last few seasons, but with experience of L1.

Played a few games for Salford last season on an emergency loan.

Advert:

20 minutes ago, valeparklife said:

The left back?

I'd imagine we will be in the market for a new LWB. I'd guess Benning hasn't lived up to expectations. Something just not clicked during his time so far, maybe we would see the best of him next season if he gets the chance?

Haynes Newport , get him in. 

I’d like to see Smith Gibbons and Worrall given new contracts, Stone is a number 2 to Covolon,

move Jones and Hussey on, try and sign Edomsone and Cass and we’ll have that Haynes feller

I’d like to see Smith Gibbons and Worrall given new contracts, Stone is a number 2 to Covolon,
move Jones and Hussey on, try and sign Edomsone and Cass and we’ll have that Haynes feller

I'm pretty sure Smith will be gone, definitely if we don't win the play offs. Gibbo not sure given his injuries he might stick around if we go up.