Summer transfer targets/rumours, retained list etc

Advert:

Hurst looked like a young player who was a bit lost in the League games, decision making not always the best in a similar way to Harratt and Edmonson.  I think if he can stay fit and get regular games he’ll do well. He knew where the net was and that’s always a plus.

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Guitar Ray said:

Hurst looked like a young player who was a bit lost in the League games, decision making not always the best in a similar way to Harratt and Edmonson.  I think if he can stay fit and get regular games he’ll do well. He knew where the net was and that’s always a plus.

Not sure if 2 in 29 is knowing where the net is GR 

Edited by darren1810

OR Telford is our 'Wilson' from last summer and becomes a hero?
What I meant was thatWilson was out of the blue. Matt had a protracted period of "we're signing him/we're not" until we eventually ended up with Robinson

11 minutes ago, Walka003 said:
19 minutes ago, ollyandpatch said:
OR Telford is our 'Wilson' from last summer and becomes a hero?

What I meant was thatWilson was out of the blue. Matt had a protracted period of "we're signing him/we're not" until we eventually ended up with Robinson

I think it was Nicky Maynard wasn’t it before we ended up with that stiff instead? Seemed to be a never ending bidding war between us and Mansfield.

• Like 1

Advert:

1 hour ago, MBE said:

Fair play to JA. He signed him on a free and made money for us. That counts as a good signing.

Hope he goes on to do really well for himself, seems like a nice kid who needs a chance. Plus it won’t do our add ons any harm!

Hurst's former headteacher speaks highly of his character.

• Like 1

Advert:

Slim pickings & a massive reach but... our very own James Wilson is playing golf with Ash Hunter today. 😂

Obviously played together at Salford, so chances are they're just pals enjoying a round in the sun.

3 hours ago, robf said:

Yep, seems that Alex Hurst was a nice bloke and I hope he does well for York. Seems a really good move for both clubs and the player. 

I wonder if Askey will be bringing in any more of his former players? Scott Burgess was released by Grimsby at the end of the season and seems to be a JA favourite. 

Rob, I hope so another good lad who didn’t cause us any problems. Capable of L1, any idea why they’ve released him. 

35 minutes ago, ValeForever. said:

Slim pickings & a massive reach but... our very own James Wilson is playing golf with Ash Hunter today. 😂

Obviously played together at Salford, so chances are they're just pals enjoying a round in the sun.

Yes he was playing golf with Nello yesterday and be surprised if there is anything in that? 😛

Advert:

Rob, I hope so another good lad who didn’t cause us any problems. Capable of L1, any idea why they’ve released him. 

He seemed like a decent lad but from my admittedly limited experience of watching him play, he didn't seem any more than a national league player. Might be wrong but to me he would have been nowhere near league 1 standard.

Sent from my SM-A920F using onevalefan mobile app

2 hours ago, darren1810 said:

Not sure if 2 in 29 is knowing where the net is GR 

It’s actually 3, in…..er……89.  Say it fast and it sounds a lot. 😬

I thought he’d got a goal in him and had hit the net a few more times than that.

• Haha 1