Summer transfer targets/rumours, retained list etc

5 minutes ago, Doha said:

That £19k figure -

Lincoln haven't been in Div 2 / the Championship since 1961.

The majority of their history overall is at league one level, the majority of their history since the 60s is league two and non-league.

http://www.englishfootballleaguetables.co.uk/club/lincoln.html

Sincil Bank is half the capacity of Vale Park.

Over a million quid incl employers NICs and presumed bonuses etc per annum on a single player? Really?

I don't know anything about them, do they have an owner donating to the club or massive transfer addon money coming in or something? Genuine question. A generous owner can of course donate whatever they want perfectly legitimately in accordance with league rules. Look how much capitol Carol had to inject/throw away to make up Covid shortfalls.

The lad was on loan from Man City. Lincoln were not paying 19k/week.

Advert:

Not too worried myself, it's still early days and we've had to wait and see which division we were in.
The management got it pretty much spot on with regards recruitment last season and there's no reason to think they won't do it this.
Obviously wages will be a factor but that's part and parcel of going up, Carol will not jeopardise the club that's for sure.
I'm confident next season will be relatively successful, just let's not try and bemoan new signings before they've even laced up a pair of boots.

• Like 4

Advert:

Posted (edited)

Plymouth have sold 8,300 season tickets and are increasing number of seats to 17,000. Highest attendance last season over 16,000 against Ipswich. This is what were now competing with so perhaps the £6k a week player will get what they want from someone in L1. I’d like to think we could get bigger crowds than last season and ticket prices have risen marginally, so we probably need to manage our expectations.
Perhaps we should invest in a plastic training pitch, that could be used all year round for community use. Just a thought for bringing money into the club, possibly funded by grants.

Edited by Playa Amodores

Yep, seems that Alex Hurst was a nice bloke and I hope he does well for York. Seems a really good move for both clubs and the player. 

I wonder if Askey will be bringing in any more of his former players? Scott Burgess was released by Grimsby at the end of the season and seems to be a JA favourite. 

• Like 1

Advert:

3 minutes ago, robf said:

Yep, seems that Alex Hurst was a nice bloke and I hope he does well for York. Seems a really good move for both clubs and the player. 

I wonder if Askey will be bringing in any more of his former players? Scott Burgess was released by Grimsby at the end of the season and seems to be a JA favourite. 

Him and Crookes I’d imagine would be high on his list. Depending what interest there’d be in Amoo I wouldn’t rule him out either. 

Good luck to Hurst though, at this point in his career he needs to be playing and simply wasn’t going to happen here.

• Like 4

Fair play to JA. He signed him on a free and made money for us. That counts as a good signing.

Hope he goes on to do really well for himself, seems like a nice kid who needs a chance. Plus it won’t do our add ons any harm!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Doha said:

A fee and an addon clause is excellent business.

Good luck to Alex and John Askey. Fond memories of that 'Wilson's on fire' clip.

Bad timing regards his injury status at the start of last season meant perhaps DC didn’t get a really good look at him in the system he wanted to play- so perhaps a what might have been scenario.  It was obvious he had the right personality traits the management team are looking for from his reactions post matches when he was on the bench and that post Wembley video.

Re the video my daughter seemed to sum it up nicely saying he looked ‘both cute and creepy’ at the same time.  No doubt he took loads of stick from his teammates the next day when he woke up, probably lying under his car on the Lorne Street car park.

• Thanks 1

Advert: