Summer transfer targets/rumours, retained list etc

15 minutes ago, Joe B said:

A problem with the playoffs is some clubs are already doing business - Bradford signed someone already. We can't do anything till we know what league we're in.

What worked against our out of contract players last summer (and will be exacerbated this year by the play offs probably) is that you get several weeks to sit and mull over the offer before the club is allowed to withdraw it.

There might be one or two that we wouldn’t necessarily mind to keep, but if they wait for weeks and then walk away, we might find our first choice replacement has signed for someone else. So in terms of planning, last summer we decided to go with a clean slate and one or two players may be similarly unfortunate this time around. 

Advert:

Burton Albion:

Winger Danny Rowe, defenders Luke Redfern and Michael Bostwick and strikers Oumar Niasse and Aaron Amadi-Holloway will all depart the Pirelli Stadium on the expiration of their current deals.

Advert:

On 06/05/2022 at 18:55, jeffers said:

Not an idea, it’s a fact. The problem with your negative trait is that your glass is always half empty and you continually look for the negativity and not the positivity. Let me give you the scientific definition of a negative trait.

“People with negative personality traits cannot admit to being wrong. It's like a part of them dies when they aren't the best around. This goes for family and friendly relationships, as well as work and business relationships. We all know that one person who just won't shut up until everyone sees their point of view”

Need I say more.

No...that's spot on!

• Like 1

I'd have Kanu back in a heartbeat but they usually want silly money for those that they transfer list as they get to the final year of their contract

Advert:

37 minutes ago, Playa Amodores said:

I see Tranmere have released Nicky Maynard, we’ve been after him for sometime. However I don’t think his goal return would match his costs, so I’d prefer to avoid and go for someone younger 

Maynard has made 3 starts, 7 as sub and scored 1 goal.  And he's probably cost a fortune in wages.  He'll be non-league soon.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

Maynard has made 3 starts, 7 as sub and scored 1 goal.  And he's probably cost a fortune in wages.  He'll be non-league soon.

Not good enough for National League, maybe Hanley Town 

Tranmere list in full.

The following players will depart the Club following the end of their contract: Callum McManaman, Jay Spearing, Nathaniel Knight-Percival, Joe Maguire, Nicky Maynard, Mani Dieseruvwe.

suprised to see Spearing on there… maybe his injury was worse than thought as he is their heartbeat … 33 years old though.

Advert:

Surely this is just plain speculation--until we know which league we're competing in next season, I can't see how messrs Flitcroft & Clarke can know what sort of playing budget they're working to?

• Like 2

On 05/05/2022 at 10:06, 1 said:

Taylor was widely wanted as a returning, full time recruit. The funding was made available and it seemed like a simple way of improving the team at the time. The theory was spot on, the intention was positive, it just turns out he was not as good as his potential suggested. No-one's fault, but now we're stuck with a potentially highly paid sub.

I'm not sure that's fair on the lad. He's had a tough time with injuries and his recent performances have come after a long lay off. With a decent pre-season, he'd be a starter over Charsley for me.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1