onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Summer transfer targets/rumours, retained list etc

werstayinup

Advert

1 hour ago, darren1810 said:

Yes my CH was beast in stature, a big unti,  but not a hoof merchant. Are there even many of that type around !!

I do think we lack height so a Legge, Martin type but with League one skillsets. 

Agree with Ray. We lose a couple of games, and some of the posters on here go 'full oatcake'. 

13 minutes ago, Breadwinner said:

Massey 6 potentially superb he helped Wigan get up so more to come from him
Ojo 6 ain't seen enough of him he seemed quite decent more to come from him
Hall 5.5 struggled this season but for me should be in the side will get better as a great player in general

Cheers BW; agreed on Ojo and Hall but Massey is a waste of time for me.

KTF brother

Cheers BW; agreed on Ojo and Hall but Massey is a waste of time for me.
KTF brother
Plenty of faith last 2 bad defensive displays have clouded over lots of opportunities score .
A few tweaks and we are a very good team the difference between the top sides is for example at home to Sheffield Wed Portsmouth there players were blocking our shots from outside there box all game and just lately its alarming how many we ain't blocking any at all .
Once we buy players who can block we be smoking .
There's not much wrong but 10 goals conceded in 3 out of last 4 games is alarming

If we arnt going sign a permanent transfer keeper in January then I would re call covolan. He is a better keeper than stone at the moment and I know he may get a red card and miss 3 games but did man utd say to Roy Keane and arsenal say to Patrick viera that we are going get rid of you or loan you to a club 2 divisions below because you get sent off twice a season. The reason you have 2 keepers is that if one's gets injured or suspended then the other gets a few games.

8 hours ago, darren1810 said:

Yes my CH was beast in stature, a big unti,  but not a hoof merchant. Are there even many of that type around !!

I do think we lack height so a Legge, Martin type but with League one skillsets. 

I think we’ve seen quite a few playing against us, which is maybe no surprise given some of the budgets in this league.  The job is to find one that’s available and on sensible wages.

We know our CH’s are decent on the ball, OK Smith isn’t renowned for his passing and dribbling skills but he’s actually been a lot better this season when in possession, whilst the others have been fairly inconsistent by their own previous high standards.

To be honest most of our players need to find a bit more consistency.  We’re sailing along OK but when we dip we’re shocking.  It’s a new level for many of them but come January one or two might have run out of time.

14 hours ago, Guitar Ray said:

To be honest most of our players need to find a bit more consistency.  We’re sailing along OK but when we dip we’re shocking.  It’s a new level for many of them but come January one or two might have run out of time.

...and confidence.  

4 hours ago, Walka003 said:
12 hours ago, PV1973 said:
This thread should be closed if we’ve got the January thread to post in now. 

Surely we just fire it back up in May?

Agreed, or better still remove “Summer” from the title of this thread and merge the fledgling January thread with this one. 😬

Archived