onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Summer transfer targets/rumours, retained list etc

werstayinup

Advert

3 minutes ago, mr.hobblesworth said:

Portsmouth fans on Harrison:

Absolutely, good luck to the lad but I could never get overly excited by him at Pompey.

Totally agree. He was always one who put a shift in, but probably lacked a bit of quality to be a top end League One striker that we were hoping for. Hope it works out for him except against us.

Loving that a lot of people saying he puts a shift in. Could form a decent partnership with wilo - a different type of striker who will hopefully compliment him well. Be interesting to see how they link up once he’s back from injury 

Typically loan goalkeepers don’t tend to work, especially at Vale and especially in recent years. Some old guy may give the example of Neville Southall but that’s the exception. Generally you want your own player in goal who can build a relationship with the defence and cares about the club. Our best goalkeepers like Mussy, Grew even Alnwick stayed around for a bit.  

Right listen up you lot....I'm a couple of 1664's and a bottle of red deep BUT.....I've been racking my brains to come up with something but think I've cracked it on how to move the club forward......

I think we need a keeper and a couple of strikers......you're welcome! What does everyone else think????

Kerrrrrist Lads.....bring on Satdee and lets go Vale!

I like the GK signing in terms of the player, but if he plays really well and we’re above Oxford in the table they could just recall him, or if he is <ovf censored> they’ll just leave him here. I suppose if we’re both happy with the respective goalkeepers then it’ll stay as is, but no chance of a permanent signing if he turns out decent. There is no way he was anywhere near the top of the choices due to the nature of the deal, but I think he’ll be solid for L1, hopefully we can keep hold of him all season.

58 minutes ago, jeffers said:

For a start running a multi million pound business would suggest my intellect is fine. Getting real is about our pay structure, we would all like the best available but we have a secure financial limitations that so far are proving a sound basis. Believe in what the owners / management team are trying to build, don’t want to be another Bury. Being a forum you are entitled to your opinion without  the need for childish comments.

Can I have a job?

1 hour ago, NorthwoodValiant said:

I went to the liberty of finding out th height of every premier league goalkeeper for you, albeit this is 20/21

Goalkeeper Height
Adrian San Miguel (Liverpool) 190cm (6-3)
Alex Runarsson (Arsenal) 185cm (6-1)
Alisson Becker (Liverpool) 193 cm (6-4)
Alphonse Areola (Fulham) 192cm (6-3½)
Kepa Arrizabalaga (Chelsea) 189cm (6-2½)
David Button (West Brom) 192 cm (6-3½)
Willy Caballero (Chelsea) 185cm (6-1)
Kiko Casilla (Leeds) 190cm (6-3)
Karl Darlow (Newcastle) 190cm (6-3)
Ederson (Man City) 188cm (6-2)
Lukasz Fabianski (West Ham) 190cm (6-3)
Fraser Forster (Southampton) 201cm (6-7)
David De Gea (Man United) 192 cm (6-3½)
Vicente Guaita (Crystal Palace) 191cm (6-3)
Dean Henderson (Man United) 188cm (6-2)
Sam Johnstone (West Brom) 191cm (6-3)
Caoimhin Kelleher (Liverpool) 188cm (6-2)
Bernd Leno (Arsenal) 190cm (6-2½)
Hugo Lloris (Tottenham) 188cm (6-2)
Emiliano Martinez (Aston Villa) 193 cm (6-4)
Alex McCarthy (Southampton) 193 cm (6-4)
Edouard Mendy (Chelsea) 197 cm (6-5)
Illan Meslier (Leeds) 193 cm (6-4)
Robin Olsen (Everton) 198cm (6-5½)
Rui Patricio (Wolves) 189cm (6-2½)
Bailey Peacock-Farrell (Burnley) 193 cm (6-4)
Jordan Pickford (Everton) 185cm (6-½)
Nick Pope (Burnley) 198cm (6-5½)
Aaron Ramsdale (Sheffield) 188cm (6-2)
Darren Randolph (West Ham) 188cm (6-2)
Marek Rodak (Fulham) 188cm (6-2)
Mathew Ryan (Arsenal) 184cm (6-0)
Robert Sanchez (Brighton) 197cm (6-5)
Kasper Schmeichel (Leicester) 189cm (6-2)
Zack Steffen (Man City) 191cm (6-3)

11 of the 36 goalkeepers are 6'2 or less, so it's not a statistical anomaly, Goalkeepers don't have to be massive

I luv a good stat - Well done Northwood 😍😍😍😍

ps - you need to get out more image.gif.83ccbd49452401ae4db48534804463e8.gif

2 minutes ago, Hoppers said:

I luv a good stat - Well done Northwood 😍😍😍😍

ps - you need to get out more image.gif.83ccbd49452401ae4db48534804463e8.gif

To be honest mate it literally took me about 30 seconds to find this table, amazing how good the internet is these days.

Not talking about any vale fans  here but it's also amazing that despite how great the internet is people still choose to be so thick!

2 minutes ago, NorthwoodValiant said:

To be honest mate it literally took me about 30 seconds to find this table, amazing how good the internet is these days.

Not talking about any vale fans  here but it's also amazing that despite how great the internet is people still choose to be so thick!

Mate you should have milked the applause 🤣🤣🤣- dunna be giving your 30 seconds google secrets away 😍😍😍😍😍image.gif.997e0589b2c35e684553c22a375fcc9d.gif

Cant wait for Saturday - CU all in the Bycars - And I will reiterate my statement from the other week - I didnt pay 315 quid to have people sitting around me singing - so buzz off all of you and be quiet - PLEASE 😉😉😉😉😉

2 minutes ago, Hoppers said:

Mate you should have milked the applause 🤣🤣🤣- dunna be giving your 30 seconds google secrets away 😍😍😍😍😍image.gif.997e0589b2c35e684553c22a375fcc9d.gif

Cant wait for Saturday - CU all in the Bycars - And I will reiterate my statement from the other week - I didnt pay 315 quid to have people sitting around me singing - so buzz off all of you and be quiet - PLEASE 😉😉😉😉😉

I'm with you. Spent most of last season carefully sitting with no-one around me so I can have a great view. Against Fleetwood I had tall people in front of me and someone actually sitting next to me. Could hardly see a thing. Ruined my game!!

Archived