onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Summer transfer targets/rumours, retained list etc

werstayinup

Advert

1 minute ago, JimmyPVFC said:

Ok I take it back that is pretty good although u are judging him against our defence. We are though quite lucky that we get goals from everywhere so if he bangs in 10 that would be fantastic.

I'm with you there Jimmy.

I just think he will take the pressure off Proctor and Tommy Mac whilst Wilson gets fit.

1 minute ago, DazFred said:

I'm with you there Jimmy.

I just think he will take the pressure off Proctor and Tommy Mac whilst Wilson gets fit.

Definitely he leads the line and he's got movement we have other players who can score as well and he can create. Could turn into a really good signing if we don't just judge him on how many goals he gets.

6 minutes ago, JimmyPVFC said:

Definitely he leads the line and he's got movement we have other players who can score as well and he can create. Could turn into a really good signing if we don't just judge him on how many goals he gets.

Sammy R has been a bonus. Will battle Massey for a start.

When fully fit we will have 

Stone

Cass/Forrester...Smith/(big Dekka?) Hall/Jones 

Massey/Sammy/Wozza.......Walker/Ojo/Pett....Conlon/Charsley....Benning/Small/Hussey 

Tommy Mac/Holden/Garrity

Wilson/Proctor/Harrison 

Lots of variety and competition for places

11 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

Jack Stevens Oxford keeper I've been text 

Just a rumour no idea if any tangible proof . 

I hope not. I believe we need a keeper that is at least 6'4" Stevens is only one inch taller than Stone. We need a keeper who can come and catch a ball and not one who punches it. We saw the difference last Saturday at Exeter between Stone and Blackman.

16 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

Jack Stevens Oxford keeper I've been text 

Just a rumour no idea if any tangible proof . 

I’ve seen that on Twitter.

Seems a strange one to me based on his profile. I expected a keeper with much more experience to come in and help Stone rather than a keeper who has not long being ousted as No1.

To be fair I’m still gutted we didn’t sign Blackman. 

26 minutes ago, The man in the pub said:

Must admit was expecting a loan signing of a fringe youngster from a higher league club who was going to cut his teeth in mens football. Impressed we paid money for someone who has scored goals in this division. DC already worked with him previously so no nasty surprises. Looking how Wilson has come on during last season expecting DC to do likewise, seems he has promising material to work with.

We may end up with one of these anyway?? He did say that he wanted two forward players.

4 minutes ago, MBE said:

I’ve seen that on Twitter.

Seems a strange one to me based on his profile. I expected a keeper with much more experience to come in and help Stone rather than a keeper who has not long being ousted as No1.

To be fair I’m still gutted we didn’t sign Blackman. 

Like you I think Blackman would have been a great signing. Looks to be trying to get his fitness up at Exeter but would have challenged Aiden for the number 1 spot.

12 minutes ago, rayzer said:

I hope not. I believe we need a keeper that is at least 6'4" Stevens is only one inch taller than Stone. We need a keeper who can come and catch a ball and not one who punches it. We saw the difference last Saturday at Exeter between Stone and Blackman.

Holy was over 6’4” and he was pap.

In my opinion, judging keepers purely on height isn’t the best indicator to success.

Well I would love to say I’m happy with this signing but I have to confess I haven’t really forgiven Harrison for an incident at the Memorial Stadium about five or six years ago. It was the game we played in which Patterson scored but we lost 2-1 I think. (Sorry for mentioning him). Anyway me and my two young sons were in the section behind the goal that was allocated to away fans, the game was about 15 minutes in when Harrison found himself in a bit of space on the edge of our penalty area, he managed to get a shot off but I have to say his accuracy was way off the mark. His effort rose high above the crossbar a la H McKirdy but the ball hit the guttering that ran along the front of the stand causing it to fall on to me and my two unsuspecting lads. This did provoke one of those cheers from the whole stadium like the cheer the ref gets if he falls over. As you can imagine I was non too pleased. I think I saw Ellis sniggering post incident and for that reason I am struggling to accept him as one of our own. 
I know I shouldn’t hold a grudge but lm finding it difficult to forgive him for an incident that should have been followed up by an apology at the very least. I’ve now got to go and explain this to two innocent children.

Harrison may redeem himself should he notch a brace on Saturday and if does I will only cheer the second one. All I can say is it’s a good job we’ve done the ground up as he needs to be kept away from any I’ll fitting rainwater goods.

Archived