onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Summer transfer targets/rumours, retained list etc

werstayinup

Advert

3 minutes ago, Walka003 said:

If McDonald is coming in, my guess is that Woz's injury is worse than they thought. If Massey still isnt fit it would leave Robinson alone as RWB for the short/medium term.

Cass can play RWB and just move Forrester into the back three

1 minute ago, hamilboy said:

Cass can play RWB and just move Forrester into the back three

Cass might be taking a little seat on the bench after Saturdays shambles. Agreed he could cover there if needed however, but I reckon Forrester will be in regardless now.

10 minutes ago, JSValiant said:

I thought we were after League 1 players ?

Where is the ambition gone all of a sudden.

Those wouldn’t inspire me with confidence in League 2 

It depends on why they are coming in... McDonald played a few in the league above so should have something about him...

Kamwa you'd hope would be development like Derek.

Simpson would be a great signing.

2 minutes ago, Walka003 said:

Cass might be taking a little seat on the bench after Saturdays shambles. Agreed he could cover there if needed however, but I reckon Forrester will be in regardless now.

You cannot just blame one man for saturday defending starts with the front two who plainly could not keep the ball  up in there half. Everybody knows that we are short of strikers until we get them we will continue to struggle in games in this league we need two both with pace one in the simpson mould who has power and pace and the other who works down the side of defenders.

So Gibbo's picked up an injury, I feel desperately sorry for the lad, his record over the last 3 seasons has not been good and it's a shame because a fully fit, 30 odd games a season Gibbo would be playing for the Vale, it's now clear or it should be why he was offered the contract he was, and in the cruel world of football you have to say we did the right thing.

33 minutes ago, hamilboy said:

You cannot just blame one man for saturday defending starts with the front two who plainly could not keep the ball  up in there half. Everybody knows that we are short of strikers until we get them we will continue to struggle in games in this league we need two both with pace one in the simpson mould who has power and pace and the other who works down the side of defenders.

I wasn't blaming just him, there's a few who would be dropping out if we had the squad depth. He just happens to be in a position where we have decent back up. 

Everyone loves patience on here. So let’s see what Gibbo’s injury is and how many games he plays this season before we say we did the right thing. Dosent sound the most serious injury and if he still plays 30 games this season we should have offered him a decent deal (it’s probably the same figure the likes of Wilson and Proctor will manage) 

Everyone loves patience on here. So let’s see what Gibbo’s injury is and how many games he plays this season before we say we did the right thing. Dosent sound the most serious injury and if he still plays 30 games this season we should have offered him a decent deal (it’s probably the same figure the likes of Wilson and Proctor will manage) 
Strikers demand more

2 hours ago, The Zee Bird said:

Gibbons injured. I really did wish him well as always 100% for us. No luck that lad 5066df3a6672f9c1dec01e98df16242a.jpg

Love Gibbo. Said at the time it’d be really difficult to replace the enthusiasm part of his game. I’ve never felt so gutted about losing a player, in fact it was more significantly gutting than relegation in 2017, because it was so unexpected. Saw a photo on twitter on the weekend of him in a Rovers kit and it actually annoyed me.

Only managed 22 games a season for us on average, and now injured 2 games into Bristol Rovers season.

A lower basic for a much higher appearance fee was the right offer. Sometimes you need a neutral bastard and a fall guy to make these decisions to protect the business/club in the cold light of day. Flitcroft had to do it. 

36 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:

Come on. That’s 35% of the league season missed, plus several cup games. We can’t be blinded by sentimentality. And that’s coming from someone who was more gutted that he’d left than when that shower of dross got relegated away at Fleetwood. 

48 minutes ago, Walka003 said:

I wasn't blaming just him, there's a few who would be dropping out if we had the squad depth. He just happens to be in a position where we have decent back up. 

Another perspective could be that if we had the squad depth, he would have been better protected, had a better game, and not need replacing.

You're only as good as the team you're playing in, and we're currently not too strong.

In similar vein, Stone was very well protected last season. He could easily be selected for flack playing in the current team...

12 minutes ago, Doha said:

Come on. That’s 35% of the league season missed, plus several cup games. We can’t be blinded by sentimentality. And that’s coming from someone who was more gutted that he’d left than when that shower of dross got relegated away at Fleetwood. 

Scan, longer than a week or two says Barton.

Sounds all too familiar, and not good.

However, as in all of these hypothetical debates, only time will tell...

Archived