onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Summer transfer targets/rumours, retained list etc

werstayinup

42 minutes ago, WV said:

I really wish you were joking, but we all know you aren't. How on earth the jury can still be out on a manager that won promotion in his first full season at a club needing a major squad overhaul and while going through a horrific personal tragedy is beyond me. Posts like this are why people have no respect for you on here. It is actually offensive, like your previous posts about our Wembley winning manager were. You are a disgrace. 

He's also a Bre*****r!!

Advert

Reading articles on Bristol Rovers suggest they're all over the place with their squad. Releasing 3 experienced players, one who signed a two year contract in June, replacing with Academy kids.

Fleetwood's manager saying he got his tactics wrong, and now that he picked the wrong team.

We might be playing a waiting game, but the stability of the squad, management and support staff allows us to take our time.

Another example of the benefits of long term planning.

31 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

Just wikid George Long

He's actually played majority of career in League one including full season loan moves.

Looks like his move from Hull to Millwall backfired on him. But he's a good shout whoever it was suggesting him. 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_Long_(footballer)

Is he the keeper that winged a bottle into the away end when we played Sheff Utd last time in League One?

I think I’ve started to worry less about our remaining transfer business the closer the end of the window gets. For me, the only must have now is a striker good enough for the starting 11. The GK situation doesn’t concern me at all. Yes, we obviously need another keeper through the door but if that happened to be a loanee to warm the bench until the Jan window arrives then Stoney will do just fine. Would that be my preferred option? No - like many others on here I’d prefer an older, more established head with L1+ experience. But Stone as number 1 until Jan or beyond I feel would be far from a disaster. With McDermott, Holden, Massey and Garrity all able to play in a more advanced role if needed, bringing in just 1 more decent quality striker leaves us with plenty of options. By the end of the window I do think we’ll have signed both a striker and keeper on perm deals and have another striker in on loan - but if for whatever reason things didn’t quite go to to plan by the end of august I honestly think the quality and versatility of the existing squad would steady the ship until January no problem at all 

3 hours ago, Rampant Zebra said:

Jury is still out for me... 😎😱

Loving the progress - there is a Jury out now rather than a full and final decision. If we get promoted to the Championship under Clarke might you even progress to a balance of probabilities decision?

56 minutes ago, theresonlyonemcphee said:

Is he the keeper that winged a bottle into the away end when we played Sheff Utd last time in League One?

I was there then and saw him do that (we've usually gone because our daughter was at Sheffield University, though supported Wednesday then) but not sure it was our last game there. Last time we were one level higher up, I think.

3 minutes ago, cactuselves said:

Loving the progress - there is a Jury out now rather than a full and final decision. If we get promoted to the Championship under Clarke might you even progress to a balance of probabilities decision?

Would he not be unproven in the Championship in spite of achieving a hat-trick of double promotions? We don`t know when we are lucky, just enjoy the ride but there will always be risks.

It looks like no strikers signing in time for Exeter, so do we go with Proc and McD again? I wouldn’t want to be stuck with that for another 4 or 5 games. If we had lost or drawn against Fleetwood the fans would have gone meltdown nuclear defcon 1, its only the fact we won that has extended the good will. The season has started and there’s 15 odd points to play for, we can’t play McD for all those, no offence intended. Hopefully Massey is just getting match fit and isn’t injured. And I suppose Wilson could be back come the middle of August.

4 minutes ago, 1 said:

It looks like no strikers signing in time for Exeter, so do we go with Proc and McD again? I wouldn’t want to be stuck with that for another 4 or 5 games. If we had lost or drawn against Fleetwood the fans would have gone meltdown nuclear defcon 1, its only the fact we won that has extended the good will. The season has started and there’s 15 odd points to play for, we can’t play McD for all those, no offence intended. Hopefully Massey is just getting match fit and isn’t injured. And I suppose Wilson could be back come the middle of August.

DC said Massey is building match fitness and not injured.

Archived