onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Summer transfer targets/rumours, retained list etc

werstayinup

Liam Burns went in goal quite early in the match if I recall and kept a clean sheet in a 0-0. Wigan? He'd played a bit of gaelic football though so was alright with his hands. I wonder if any of our current squad used to play in goal?

Anyway, about the strikers - what's happend to Massey? Signed then heard no more and no comment about him not being in the squad on Saturday?

Advert

13 minutes ago, gavcradd said:

Liam Burns went in goal quite early in the match if I recall and kept a clean sheet in a 0-0. Wigan? He'd played a bit of gaelic football though so was alright with his hands. I wonder if any of our current squad used to play in goal?

Anyway, about the strikers - what's happend to Massey? Signed then heard no more and no comment about him not being in the squad on Saturday?

Probably not fit given he was a free agent and signed quite late on. He will play RWB I think rather than up top, that’s where he’s played te early anyway 

1 hour ago, mvb said:

Sounds like an excellent post , but our wage structure has not changed from last year ( from what has been said on this forum and other forums ), so which ever league we were going to be in the management knew what there limits were, we should of being approaching the better players on their list , sooner rather than later ,  because we were only ever going to be paying the maximum which our budget allows

You were liking posts the other day that were disagreeing with my source for Port Vale's wages. It's okay to use the forum if it aligns with your argument though, eh?

How disappointed will you be if we don't lose between now and when we bring the players in? 😂 (It's very unlikely, I know, but it feels like some "supporters" want it so they can drive home their point.

It's clear that they are doing everything they can to bring in the players, they're not sat on their hands counting down the seconds to the last day of the month trying to recite all 72 clubs in the EFL... 😬

Clarke has also been very clear with his intentions in this transfer window, he would rather wait for the right player than panic, which seems to be something you love to do. 

5 hours ago, darren1810 said:

Whilst I accept the keeper situation is far from ideal I've been racking my brains about goalkeeper injuries during my 40 odd years watching Vale play.

I remember Paul Millar in goal possibly Oldham, Liam Burns also. Those obviously before the days of keeper subs. 

Boots fake Injury at Crewe where Hornby came on. And Covolan red at Northampton and v Swindon. 

Bound to of missed a few. So it's a calculated risk we are taking but I'm sure one will be here shortly to calm people's nerves.

So the odds are maybe one in 200 for such an occurrence, but it's certainly more psychological perhaps because of Mad Cov last season. 

Ps Trevor Wood red card springs to mind too 

Joe Anyon, Marc Goodlad? 

20 minutes ago, Rocky said:

You were liking posts the other day that were disagreeing with my source for Port Vale's wages. It's okay to use the forum if it aligns with your argument though, eh?

How disappointed will you be if we don't lose between now and when we bring the players in? 😂 (It's very unlikely, I know, but it feels like some "supporters" want it so they can drive home their point.

It's clear that they are doing everything they can to bring in the players, they're not sat on their hands counting down the seconds to the last day of the month trying to recite all 72 clubs in the EFL... 😬

Clarke has also been very clear with his intentions in this transfer window, he would rather wait for the right player than panic, which seems to be something you love to do. 

firstly , the wage structure has been well documented on here whether I have liked a post or not , its seems to be a given that we wont break our pay structure , which is fine , but surely there have been players signed ( forwards especially in League 1 and 2 ) by clubs with less budget than ours and decent players . so what I am trying to say is we could have acted sooner , in recruiting , DC and DF are playing a dangerous game , I hope it comes off time will tell !!! secondly , your comment about me being disappointed if we dont loose is rubbish I am a vale "supporter" through and through  , but here we go again dont make a comment on here unless it conforms to the chosen ones views 

44 minutes ago, Danish Valiant said:

My only worry with the rhetoric applied is, that when we eventually, hopefully, sign a striker, the expectations on that player(s) will be absolutely enormous! All this talk about "the right player", "the perfect fit" etc. etc. etc. is building up to us signing THE player(s), that will deliver from day one. 

When all said and done we are dealing with professional footballers, they should know all about football fans, pressure and expectations, they will either handle it or they won’t. I can’t see there being any more or less pressure if a player signs now or in three weeks time. I can quell my anxiety relative to the condition known as “ signemitus” by reminding myself that the squad was already strong, and the new additions that have come in so far have performed perfectly well.

Here’s to a good result on Saturday.

11 minutes ago, mvb said:

firstly , the wage structure has been well documented on here whether I have liked a post or not , its seems to be a given that we wont break our pay structure , which is fine , but surely there have been players signed ( forwards especially in League 1 and 2 ) by clubs with less budget than ours and decent players . so what I am trying to say is we could have acted sooner , in recruiting , DC and DF are playing a dangerous game , I hope it comes off time will tell !!! secondly , your comment about me being disappointed if we dont loose is rubbish I am a vale "supporter" through and through  , but here we go again dont make a comment on here unless it conforms to the chosen ones views 

I'd rather you missed a Port Vale game and took an English lesson to be honest.

Apologies, an easy dig, but it is a bit of a mess and a tough read.

I've said multiple times on here, I don't expect everyone to agree. It's what makes a forum, but this transfer window take is just very odd. Clarke has been very honest with his assessment, you pointing out the obvious won't make them work any harder to find what is required. We won on Saturday, there is still 27 days left of the transfer window - why rock the boat?

7 hours ago, Jacko51 said:

A lot of clubs will have lined up players long before the transfer window opened and probably had all the paperwork done and dusted ready to announce. We couldn’t do that because until the last few days of May we didn’t even know what division we were going to be in. We probably had two lists and didn’t know which one we were going to action until then. We have been playing catch up ever since. Yes we would have liked to have signed all our new recruits by now but this is the real world, not fantasy football where you commit pretend money and failures can be chucked out at any time. 

Vale could have still done that, one way would have been to put a caveat/proviso in the signed contract. 

I would have thought given the reputation that the Shanahans in particular have created for the club that Vale would be an attractive employment prospect for most players unless the pay structure (Which I know nothing about) is way off the mark.

Perhaps the sidelining of Burgess, Whitehead and Robinson got around but I would have thought all/most clubs do that at some time.

32 minutes ago, Rocky said:

Apologies, an easy dig, but it is a bit of a mess and a tough read.

I've said multiple times on here, I don't expect everyone to agree. It's what makes a forum, but this transfer window take is just very odd. Clarke has been very honest with his assessment, you pointing out the obvious won't make them work any harder to find what is required. We won on Saturday, there is still 27 days left of the transfer window - why rock the boat?

so now you retort to be personal because my grammar is not perfect , do one  !

1 hour ago, Rocky said:

...there is still 27 days left of the transfer window

Surely there are 27 days left of the transfer window?

(maybe you can sit next to him in the lesson! 😉 🤣)

(or, looking at it again, maybe you is still correct and I need to join the lesson too! 🙄.....Given myself a headache now! 😆 )

33 minutes ago, Paul6754 said:

Vale could have still done that, one way would have been to put a caveat/proviso in the signed contract. 

I would have thought given the reputation that the Shanahans in particular have created for the club that Vale would be an attractive employment prospect for most players unless the pay structure (Which I know nothing about) is way off the mark.

Perhaps the sidelining of Burgess, Whitehead and Robinson got around but I would have thought all/most clubs do that at some time.

Your implying those 3 players were treated badly.I would say its quite the opposite.

The management team told them they will not be part of the squad moving forward and they were free to find another club. Our management team were really upfront to give them the best time possible to find another club. Rather a lot of teams leave squad players like that hanging around in the dark, then tell them they are not needed once they have the squad together towards the end of the summer window. A bit like what others are advocating with us sending Covolan out on loan before bringing in another keeper.

No, we did right thing for them lads.

Archived