onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Summer transfer targets/rumours, retained list etc

werstayinup

4 minutes ago, tsproston said:

Liam Burns had a brief spell in goals, apologies I hadn't seen an earlier post about this.

That’s one for those fun loving people who like lists, Vale outfield players who’ve also appeared between the sticks.  I’m tempted to put it alongside my shortest Vale players list, to see if I can find out who was the shortest Vale outfield player who also featured in goal.  🥱

Advert

2 minutes ago, Guitar Ray said:

That’s one for those fun loving people who like lists, Vale outfield players who’ve also appeared between the sticks.  I’m tempted to put it alongside my shortest Vale players list, to see if I can find out who was the shortest Vale outfield player who also featured in goal.  🥱

I see an OVF feature coming soon... :wink:

1 hour ago, Quebec_Valiant said:

I seem to recall that we had a torrid time with keepers a few years back, ended up with emergency loan after emergency loan from week to week.  It's not just the in game injuries that we need to worry about.

That wasn’t because of injuries, it was because they were crap!

4 hours ago, Jacko51 said:

A lot of clubs will have lined up players long before the transfer window opened and probably had all the paperwork done and dusted ready to announce. We couldn’t do that because until the last few days of May we didn’t even know what division we were going to be in. We probably had two lists and didn’t know which one we were going to action until then. We have been playing catch up ever since. Yes we would have liked to have signed all our new recruits by now but this is the real world, not fantasy football where you commit pretend money and failures can be chucked out at any time. 

I hope all those who keep harping on about us needing a GK and 2 forwards read this excellent post.

Them stop posting that we need a GK and 2 forwards....

3 hours ago, robf said:

Andy Jones took the gloves once and I think Phil Sproson may have done so too. 

Barry Siddall went off injured at Blackpool. We think he went for a ride on the Big Dipper. He came back on.

In-between,on loan superstar Gary Brazil had scored and we drew 1-1.

Sproey went in goal.They had a corner,the ball went towards goal in front of us. Sproey shouted"Get over you bar steward!" The ball hit the bar and went over!

22 minutes ago, DazFred said:

I hope all those who keep harping on about us needing a GK and 2 forwards read this excellent post.

Them stop posting that we need a GK and 2 forwards....

Sounds like an excellent post , but our wage structure has not changed from last year ( from what has been said on this forum and other forums ), so which ever league we were going to be in the management knew what there limits were, we should of being approaching the better players on their list , sooner rather than later ,  because we were only ever going to be paying the maximum which our budget allows

Sounds like an excellent post , but our wage structure has not changed from last year ( from what has been said on this forum and other forums ), so which ever league we were going to be in the management knew what there limits were, we should of being approaching the better players on their list , sooner rather than later ,  because we were only ever going to be paying the maximum which our budget allows

Did you know we need 2 strikers and a GK, I was shocked when I found out

5 minutes ago, mvb said:

I imagine we have approached the better players and just missed out on them, budget could be an issue but there are clubs at this level we can’t compete with financially. Can’t pay over the budget that’s where issues start to happen. 

If you base your knowledge of our player finances on forums I don't know what you expect. Clubs in the leagues above are still deciding who to let go.

Sent from my SM-A715F using onevalefan mobile app

35 minutes ago, Doha said:

That sounds like we're looking to pay a transfer fee for a contracted forward to me.

My only worry with the rhetoric applied is, that when we eventually, hopefully, sign a striker, the expectations on that player(s) will be absolutely enormous! All this talk about "the right player", "the perfect fit" etc. etc. etc. is building up to us signing THE player(s), that will deliver from day one. 

Archived