onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Summer transfer targets/rumours, retained list etc

werstayinup

14 minutes ago, tommytunstall said:

No chance with goal, the defender should have stopped it being crossed. Thought Stone had a sound game, and his kicking was excellent 

His kicking was awful - kept kicking it out! 

Advert

3 minutes ago, werstayinup said:

Not sure on squad total now but how many players do we now have considering DC says he wants around 26. Just wondering how many we need to reach that total?

He obviously still wants a keeper and at least 2 strikers

I make it 23 including TMcD who probably is  going out on loan?

42 minutes ago, rwhite said:

His kicking was awful - kept kicking it out! 

Whenever he did, it was when he was under pressure and taking the safety first approach. I thought he did ok. Still doesn't save enough for me. Brown at his peak, and Alnwick, saved things you thought were goals. Stoney doesn't really do that. I'd also love him to command his area more, but I guess if he could do all that, he'd be looking a lot higher up the pyramid than Vale.

On the positive side, it looks like Nash has him coming off his line more, which is important with our formation.

1 hour ago, valiant_593 said:

Don’t know it was because of where I was sat, but I thought he should have done a lot better with their goal. I’d still like a new number 1 personally and Stone as number 2

A little bit harsh for me. The striker and defender (I think Woz from memory) obscured his view so I don’t think he would have seen until late, hence little chance to adjust his feet and get across to it.

I’m with you though I’d like to see a no.1 keeper come in with experience. It think will really help to push Stoney on again.

15 minutes ago, johnjeffersfanclub said:

Next time we're all unsure about a non-league transfer target, we need to remember that Connor Hall has only got just over a season's league football experience aged 29. CRAZY.

What an absolute game changer of a signing that has been for us. Balances our defence, allows Smith to concentrate on what hes good at (being a stopper), fantastic range of passing, can drive the team forward, tall enough to be a presence in the air in both boxes. I genuinely feel he wouldn't look out of place in the Championship. 

How he was never picked up by another team either before we did or before Harrogate did is absolutely bizarre. All I can think is that he was never played on the left of a three before and its revolutionised his game.

A lot of the positives from the first paragraph can also be said about Cass, I think he just needs a few years to mature but he's got all the tools to be a championship player too.

36 minutes ago, werstayinup said:

Not sure on squad total now but how many players do we now have considering DC says he wants around 26. Just wondering how many we need to reach that total?

He obviously still wants a keeper and at least 2 strikers

EFL RULES 22/23

44.9  Squad Lists

44.9.1  Clubs shall be permitted to name up to a maximum number of Players in their Squad List based on the following provisions:

(a)  in respect of Championship Clubs, 25 Players of which a minimum of 8 must be a Home Grown Player; and

(b)  in respect of League One and Two Clubs 22 Players of which a minimum of 8 must be a Home Grown Player.

44.9.2  The following Players do not need to be included in the Squad List to be eligible to play in League Matches:

(a)  in respect of Championship Clubs, any Under 21 Player (save for any Under 21 Player who is registered with the Club on a Temporary Loan Transfer); and

(b)  in respect of League One Clubs and League Two Clubs:

(i)  any Under 21 Players; and

(ii)  goalkeepers.

Thus 22 not including U21 and goalies

3 minutes ago, Walka003 said:

What an absolute game changer of a signing that has been for us. Balances our defence, allows Smith to concentrate on what hes good at (being a stopper), fantastic range of passing, can drive the team forward, tall enough to be a presence in the air in both boxes. I genuinely feel he wouldn't look out of place in the Championship. 

How he was never picked up by another team either before we did or before Harrogate did is absolutely bizarre. All I can think is that he was never played on the left of a three before and its revolutionised his game.

A lot of the positives from the first paragraph can also be said about Cass, I think he just needs a few years to mature but he's got all the tools to be a championship player too.

It says a lot about the competency of our recruitment team, which has just been bolstered by the recruitment of another analyst to support Tommy Johnson. Way more hits than misses, long may it continue.

#1 keeper

3 strikers, 1 of whom is a Proctor/Wilson level main man.

That's what I think we need and what I'm hoping for by the end of this month.

I'd take Lowery too, however, simply because it would really annoy Crewe fans and I find that sort of thing highly amusing.

Archived