onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Summer transfer targets/rumours, retained list etc

werstayinup

Can’t have enough creative midfielders. They cover one another and offer competition. One more creative will fully cover us in defensive and offensive midfield areas. Come on Lowery sign today.

Advert

9 minutes ago, 1 said:

Can’t have enough creative midfielders. They cover one another and offer competition. One more creative will fully cover us in defensive and offensive midfield areas. Come on Lowery sign today.

I agree plus it only takes a couple of injuries and we may struggle.The more the merrier.

While I agree largely, Lowery is a great player and a good option to have, we've been told all summer that there's a rigid budget in place and we still have one fit striker and one keeper. We can only play so many midfielders...maybe someone is on the way out.

The few comments I've read about Holden on the Walsall forum, he did play out wide on the left for them but a couple said that he was far more effective down the middle as an attacking CM just behind the front two.

So like others have said, I don't think we will be in for Lowery unless someone else is off.

10 minutes ago, Howjy04 said:

There was a goalie warming up with Aiden Stone before the game on Saturday.Brad Rose?

Yes, I believe so.  I think we could end up with 3 keepers, one as development.

In my view if Stone shows good improvement early this season, maybe after the arrival of Nash, we would only need a good number 2 and can probably afford to wait right up until the deadline to fill the position and review the situation again in January.

2 minutes ago, Guitar Ray said:

In my view if Stone shows good improvement early this season, maybe after the arrival of Nash, we would only need a good number 2 and can probably afford to wait right up until the deadline to fill the position and review the situation again in January.

Yes, I'd agree with that. "Brad" is also referred to in the goalkeeping training video here - 

5 minutes ago, Guitar Ray said:

Stones kicking on Saturday was atrocious , plus his distribution is to slow , that will all get better with coaching and experience , but for now we still need a number one established keeper 

19 minutes ago, ollyandpatch said:

In your opinion...

Well on three occasions he kicked in to touch from a drop kick , another few times he kicked it out when he had it on the floor , and his distribution is painfully slow , but I forgot no one is allowed an opinion other then the "chosen few "

12 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:

Don’t know it was because of where I was sat, but I thought he should have done a lot better with their goal. I’d still like a new number 1 personally and Stone as number 2

No chance with goal, the defender should have stopped it being crossed. Thought Stone had a sound game, and his kicking was excellent 

Archived