onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Summer transfer targets/rumours, retained list etc

werstayinup

6 minutes ago, Trumpingtonvale said:

If he fits the budget and player character profile (don’t think his ability is in question) with the 5 subs rule all our midfielders might expect game time, so I wouldn’t say no to the idea.

Tom lowery  is quite small so if he does start I think he would need some big players around him so he doesn’t get bullied .

Advert

23 minutes ago, For Us All said:

The info came from a good source and the question mark was relating to the need for another midfielder.

It depends on what type of player he is.  If he’s someone who can run with a bit of pace with the ball at his feet, or maybe a busy bee type, then why not?  Something we haven’t got.  I guess in simple terms, if he’s better than the player(s) he’s competing with squad wise then we should sign him.

He’s a decent age, scores the odd goal and another who’s proven at the level, so low risk if he’s got the right attitude.

17 minutes ago, Guitar Ray said:

It depends on what type of player he is.  If he’s someone who can run with a bit of pace with the ball at his feet, or maybe a busy bee type, then why not?  Something we haven’t got.  I guess in simple terms, if he’s better than the player(s) he’s competing with squad wise then we should sign him.

He’s a decent age, scores the odd goal and another who’s proven at the level, so low risk if he’s got the right attitude.

If we did sign Lowrey I could see us moving someone on… shows how far we have come that I don’t like the idea of any of them leaving!!

25 minutes ago, Oggydoggy said:

Tom lowery  is quite small so if he does start I think he would need some big players around him so he doesn’t get bullied .

Lowery is physical for such a small player. He won't win many headers but he is good at winning the ball back. He can play in that hole Wilson sometimes occupies just behind Proctor. Not sure he can make it a genuine 2 up top in the way Wilson can. A critcism at Crewe at times when he played at 10 was he would drop too deep to try and win the ball back. 

Should we sign him? There aren't many good free agents left and at this stage of their respective careers I think he would be a better starter than McDermott who looks promising rather than the finished article. I guess DC and DF need to decide if he is a better bet than Holden to play off Proctor. What we desperately need to cover for Proctor; which he clearly isn't. If the plan is to sign 4 new players I'd be happy with him, 2 strikers and a keeper. If the plan is for 3 I'd prefer we sat it out. I guess there is a caveat that we really are struggling to sign one more striker of the necessary quality, so maybe hoping for 2 may be overly optimistic. 

31 minutes ago, Iron Curtain said:

If we did sign Lowrey I could see us moving someone on… shows how far we have come that I don’t like the idea of any of them leaving!!

My thoughts as well, DC moved some out last year at this time, so I'm guessing he could well do it again.

Lowrey would be an upgrade, who moves on ......I haven't the foggiest !

31 minutes ago, JRC said:

Lowery is physical for such a small player. He won't win many headers but he is good at winning the ball back. He can play in that hole Wilson sometimes occupies just behind Proctor. Not sure he can make it a genuine 2 up top in the way Wilson can. A critcism at Crewe at times when he played at 10 was he would drop too deep to try and win the ball back. 

Should we sign him? There aren't many good free agents left and at this stage of their respective careers I think he would be a better starter than McDermott who looks promising rather than the finished article. I guess DC and DF need to decide if he is a better bet than Holden to play off Proctor. What we desperately need to cover for Proctor; which he clearly isn't. If the plan is to sign 4 new players I'd be happy with him, 2 strikers and a keeper. If the plan is for 3 I'd prefer we sat it out. I guess there is a caveat that we really are struggling to sign one more striker of the necessary quality, so maybe hoping for 2 may be overly optimistic. 

Great insight that. 👍🏻  Have to say though I think we will 100% sign more than one striker, albeit I’d guess one will likely be a youngster on loan nearer to the deadline.  There’s still lots of time for movement as players expecting to start in games find they’re on the bench as the season progresses.

11 minutes ago, Walka003 said:

Well if were thinking of replacing whoever it is with Lowery, it has to be one of Conlon, Charsley or Garrity?

If there was a bid it would probably be for garrity out of that bunch because of his form last season 

I get the impression that Holden will play a similar role to Politic last season, as more of a wide midfielder than a central one. Therefore, I don’t think we’ve quite replaced Taylor. In which, Lowery could be the man to do that. I could be wrong. 

Lowery would be a great signing in my opinion, and would add great depth to our central midfield options. 

5 minutes ago, MBE said:

If you have an opportunity to improve your team you take it, irrespective of how strong that area of the pitch is.

Lowery would certainly improve us.

Agreed, plus I think Holden is more of a wide player from what Walsall fans were saying.

Archived