onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Summer transfer targets/rumours, retained list etc

werstayinup

Advert

9 hours ago, Manna001 said:

He was clearly just training with them for fitness. Worries me slightly that there’s a running theme in some of our signings with injuries, but I think Niasse would have the potential to be a decent signing

Certainly hasn't played many games for a 32yr old

The club keep going on about the new medical team so maybe we have found some miracle workers where injury prone players are concerned.

I dont know why because i give every signing a chance(and more) but i feel a bit underwhelmed with Niasse after talk of Simpson and Tshimanga

1 hour ago, TreacleValiant said:

The season starts today and we haven’t got a second goalkeeper or a replacement striker to cover Wilson’s Injury. We should manage to cope today against Fleetwood but will need them in asap after that. 

Thank you Mr. Obvious 🙄

2 hours ago, werstayinup said:

The club keep going on about the new medical team so maybe we have found some miracle workers where injury prone players are concerned.

I dont know why because i give every signing a chance(and more) but i feel a bit underwhelmed with Niasse after talk of Simpson and Tshimanga

It was very obviously not Tyrese Simpson or Tshimanga 😂 The fact that people even thought that was Simpson makes me question their eyesight

1 hour ago, TreacleValiant said:

The season starts today and we haven’t got a second goalkeeper or a replacement striker to cover Wilson’s Injury. We should manage to cope today against Fleetwood but will need them in asap after that. 

I’d guess we’ll have a kid or the trialist keeper on the bench.

The message coming out of the club was quite clear, signings all the way up to the deadline.

Nice article from Avro FC on the background to Tommy McDermott before he joined us - he's clearly a resilient lad having been rejected initially and then fought his way back in to football. 

I hope he does really well for us - I can see why Darrell and co saw something in him they liked.

11 hours ago, leedsvaliant said:

I think that will be the team.

Sent from my SM-A920F using onevalefan mobile app

I would pick exactly the same team.

A couple more things, I remember watching Niasse for Everton a few seasons ago and he looked alright.

May be he has lost his way and Darrell could perhaps get him back on Track.

I know I am raking up the same issue, the Goalkeeping one.

I know we had worse players last time we were in League One, but the main reason we ended up Relegated was the number of Different Ones we tried and all of them were pretty **** apart from Kelle Roos up to a point.

We can’t go down that route again and sure we won’t but only having the One Target could be a risky thing to do .

UTV

Just now, JSValiant said:

I would pick exactly the same team.

A couple more things, I remember watching Niasse for Everton a few seasons ago and he looked alright.

May be he has lost his way and Darrell could perhaps get him back on Track.

I know I am raking up the same issue, the Goalkeeping one.

I know we had worse players last time we were in League One, but the main reason we ended up Relegated was the number of Different Ones we tried and all of them were pretty **** apart from Kelle Roos up to a point.

We can’t go down that route again and sure we won’t but only having the One Target could be a risky thing to do .

UTV

I reckon we will wait until 3-4 games in and then I'm sure there are irons in the fire with Prem and Championship teams who would rather loan a GK out,than them sit doing nothing as 3rd choice. Just a thought...

2 hours ago, werstayinup said:

At his best he is streets ahead of those two, but how is he now. I think he is worth a try, say till January.

11 minutes ago, DazFred said:

I reckon we will wait until 3-4 games in and then I'm sure there are irons in the fire with Prem and Championship teams who would rather loan a GK out,than them sit doing nothing as 3rd choice. Just a thought...

A few keepers made moves yesterday from Prem clubs, Man City lad was one albeit about 12th choice .

We are waiting for a specific one before panic ensues if it's a no go. Also a keeper I've always rated Morris from Crawley went to Gillingham but then was amazed to see he is 38. Shows my knowledge. 

Archived