onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Summer transfer targets/rumours, retained list etc

werstayinup

2 hours ago, valiant_593 said:

I think Garrity will be up top tomorrow and just press them really high. 

For what it’s worth, I’m thinking Garrity will start CM tomorrow - likely alongside Charsley (bare with me here)

Walker is unlikely to be in the squad at all as still not fit. 

Pett & Conlon building match fitness and fit enough only for cameos from the bench. 

Leaves us with Ojo as the ‘sitter’ with Garrity and Charsley ahead of him. 

I also think Tommy McDermott, given our injuries, and his pre-season form gets a chance in the starting 11 - either alongside Proc or playing just off him.

Advert

4 hours ago, saintvaliant said:

Thank the lord for that. Was worried we were looking a bit thin in midfield.

But they are heavily defensive and lack creativity. Holden will be very useful as a Conlon-type for the last 20 mins. If he can stay fit and he’s used in moderation he’ll get a couple of valuable assists at least.

Massey and Ojo are cracking signings and it’ll be fantastic to watch them tomorrow. I think they’ll be the difference and if they stay fit they’ll elevate the team so much. We have strengthened hugely at the back too and I think we are both solid and have options there. The keeper will come and it’s hardly like we are left with a fill in chancer in the mean time, he’s our promotion winning keeper! Then it’s all eyes on strikers. Get a couple more like the couple we currently have and we’ll be safe as houses. 3 or 4 signings as good as the first teamers we’ve added and I can breathe easy, but we’re well on the way. Realistically we’ll have to play Fleetwood, cup and perhaps Exeter with what we’ve got. We can cope against them with a few pieces missing, then tackle the big guns with a full squad and Wilson back. See you there.

On 28/07/2022 at 17:30, JSValiant said:

Yeh and they got relegated and if Proctor gets injured we will be doing like Pep.

I have just seen Darrell Clarke’s press conference and he seemed a little uneasy with the Goal Keeping Situation.

He also says we are still after quite a number of players so I expect at least a couple will move out.

The other teams that got relegated that season - did they have sub keepers?

1 minute ago, Mellor! said:

Definitely looks more like Niasse. Did ok at Burton at the end of last season and played plenty in the Prem for Everton. 

photocollage_202272921417176.jpg

Commanded a £16 million fee 6 years ago. I think he would be a decent addition 

Archived