onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Summer transfer targets/rumours, retained list etc

werstayinup

Advert

On 23/07/2022 at 14:40, Alsager Whites said:

willo is 100% injured long term can pull me up on this if im wrong. calf injury minimum 8 weeks. he is slow to get going when he's fit. we now have one striker who couldn't stay fit last season. desperate times and agents will know! you need to be able to pull out of negotiations to get the best price and we don't have leverage anymore. players know this and can command a kings ransom knowing we dont have enough forwards to start the season. this is why you get most of your business done earlier. leave some to the end but not half your forward line!!

I'm not going to pull you up on this either Alsager Whites. I wouldn't feel comfortable doing that to someone who was so wrong and unnecessarily spread concern amongst the forum. I'm not that kind of person to highlight how wrong you were.

I also just want to touch on previous comments about people confusing posts from forum members who are not complaining but highlighting where issues are. I don't think anyone has any problem with that, I don't think anyone sees it as moaning, I don't anyway. My issue has always been the posts saying that the transfer window has been a disaster and it was the middle of July. The tone of a message can also be misunderstood and when it's constant posts about the same thing it gets a bit tiresome hearing the same drum being beat when as has proven, you just needed to be a bit patient, which is what they have been told throughout. 

This is a rumours thread, it is based on speculation, wishlists and dreams, but you should still be held accountable for your opinions if you're posting with absolute certainty on that opinion. What tends to happen is someone has an outlandish view (we're not signing anyone before the season starts/Wilson is out until Christmas), they drill that view home for days, signings start coming in/Wilson reveals he is out for no more than a few weeks, forum member disappears or won't hold their hand up and say they overreacted and got it wrong. Which is what happens on Twitter.

And me personally, I really like this forum, it feels very much a community for our passion - Port Vale FC. For the most part, it feels less disposable than Twitter where people just say toxic things without the need to be held responsible for what they say. 

Really excited for the new season, cannot wait to be in the ground tomorrow afternoon. Swindon at home and Wembley feels like a lifetime ago and not 8 weeks. 

And can't wait for 2pm when the team is announced and we get an idea of what Clarke is looking to do with the players from last season and the new ones that have come in.

4 minutes ago, Rocky said:

I'm not going to pull you up on this either Alsager Whites. I wouldn't feel comfortable doing that to someone who was so wrong and unnecessarily spread concern amongst the forum. I'm not that kind of person to highlight how wrong you were.

I also just want to touch on previous comments about people confusing posts from forum members who are not complaining but highlighting where issues are. I don't think anyone has any problem with that, I don't think anyone sees it as moaning, I don't anyway. My issue has always been the posts saying that the transfer window has been a disaster and it was the middle of July. The tone of a message can also be misunderstood and when it's constant posts about the same thing it gets a bit tiresome hearing the same drum being beat when as has proven, you just needed to be a bit patient, which is what they have been told throughout. 

This is a rumours thread, it is based on speculation, wishlists and dreams, but you should still be held accountable for your opinions if you're posting with absolute certainty on that opinion. What tends to happen is someone has an outlandish view (we're not signing anyone before the season starts/Wilson is out until Christmas), they drill that view home for days, signings start coming in/Wilson reveals he is out for no more than a few weeks, forum member disappears or won't hold their hand up and say they overreacted and got it wrong. Which is what happens on Twitter.

And me personally, I really like this forum, it feels very much a community for our passion - Port Vale FC. For the most part, it feels less disposable than Twitter where people just say toxic things without the need to be held responsible for what they say. 

Really excited for the new season, cannot wait to be in the ground tomorrow afternoon. Swindon at home and Wembley feels like a lifetime ago and not 8 weeks. 

And can't wait for 2pm when the team is announced and we get an idea of what Clarke is looking to do with the players from last season and the new ones that have come in.

Bravo 

I echo these thoughts. I have moaned about people moaning,however it's the substance of the absolute tripe that people post,just to get a response. In addition I've been told that I want everyone to agree with my opinion...I don't. I've been told not to block people...that's up to me whether I do or not but at least I don't have to be corrected or criticized and it makes reading the forum a lot more enjoyable for me.

I apologise if I've upset someone but some posters who just seem intent on being negative,personal or just plain idiotic,don't want to be responsible for their actions. 

I've said before,I'm really looking forward to the season in L1. Here's hoping for a decent crowd,the fans getting behind the players and hopefully 3 points.

Been off this all close season......have I missed owt? Been quiet?

image.png.549c531c2e5a4d6e5a3d0d9281651269.png

Nah...not really been watching and reading from afar.......well, France anyway! It has made fascinating reading and now I'm counting down for tomorrow. Really, genuinely excited to see how we go.....team selection, reaction inside the ground, all of it via iFollow of course.

What I have absolutely loved is how nowt has come out of the club until is was deemed necessary....a massive change from days gone by. Comparing that to some of the views on here has made me chuckle, I must admit.

Now, it's down to the real business.....Come on Vale and everybody going tomorrow have a great time....we're all Vale!

Gooooarn Vale!

good morning delgado and rocky and all others. thank you for the messages.

my view on willow was based on the comments of a family friend of his, i worked in Biddulph for years so know of the wilsons. he picked up the injury mid july and was told he expected to be starting games and 100% fit by early or mid sept if all went to plan, wycombe away i think. guess we will see.

clearly got it wrong so sorry to cause concern on forum but it seems I am not liked on here anyway so doubt any took much notice. 

20 minutes ago, Alsager Whites said:

my view on willow was based on the comments of a family friend of his, i worked in Biddulph for years so know of the wilsons. he picked up the injury mid july and was told he expected to be starting games and 100% fit by early or mid sept if all went to plan, wycombe away i think. guess we will see.

clearly got it wrong so sorry to cause concern on forum but it seems I am not liked on here anyway so doubt any took much notice. 

To be honest, you have not got it wrong because you called the calf injury

3 minutes ago, Alsager Whites said:

Hey AW. I don't dislike you, quite the opposite. I doubt other forum members dislike you either. We oppose views, thats it. I have highlighted above the problem I have with certain posts but we all have a common ground, we want the club to succeed. How we do that seems to be the sticking point, but as has been said, how boring it would be if we all thought the same way. 

Tone of a post is always important and it's worth everyone remembering (including me) that we are all on the same side.

Archived