onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Summer transfer targets/rumours, retained list etc

werstayinup

Probably worth the risk of putting a young lad on the bench for one week in the hope of landing one of our target keepers instead of rushing a deal for someone for the sake of having them on the bench at the weekend. Is it possible that in that one game stone goes down injured and we need to rely on the sub keeper yes. But the chances of that happening are relatively slim i believe darrell and flickers may take that risk in the hope of a better reward after the season started 

Advert

The first couple before Holy came after Covolan red card  I'm sure we didn't even bother with a sub keeper ( risky ) 
We didn't. Couldn't figure that out myself at the time, and still can't. Surely a GK, whatever his level, is preferable to an outfielder going in goal. But DC thought differently

8 minutes ago, Vale1995 said:

Probably worth the risk of putting a young lad on the bench for one week in the hope of landing one of our target keepers instead of rushing a deal for someone for the sake of having them on the bench at the weekend. Is it possible that in that one game stone goes down injured and we need to rely on the sub keeper yes. But the chances of that happening are relatively slim i believe darrell and flickers may take that risk in the hope of a better reward after the season started 

It might come to that if needs must. We've only known we needed an additional keeper for about 6 months. Maybe Chesterfield could loan us one of theirs?

9 minutes ago, bobbymanc said:

Might seem like a stupid question, but is it still 7 subs listed now the number that can be used is up to 5?

EFL quote

Clubs will be allowed to name up to seven substitutes and make five substitutions in Sky Bet Championship, League One and League Two matches from the 2022-23 season.

For League matches during the 2021/22 season, Clubs were able to field three substitutes from seven nominated, which has now increased following Friday's Annual General Meeting (AGM) when EFL Clubs approved a number of regulation changes that will come into effect immediately.

Each Club is only permitted a maximum of three opportunities to make substitutions during the fixture, plus an opportunity at half-time, and a Club may make more than the one substitution at each of these opportunities

Shouldn’t have let out sub keeper go if we didn’t have on lined up and in place for the first game. Praise everyone as much as you like but that isn’t very good. I do think they wanted Blackman and Exeter beat us to his signature - makes me think Stone will be number 1 this season and I’m not sure based off last year if he will be good enough week in week out at this level. Fingers crossed we have someone join, but two days before the first game and we have 1 fit goalkeeper and 1 fit striker is poor planning IMO. Hopefully some join today / tomorrow but even then they probably won’t be ready for Saturday. 

Shouldn’t have let out sub keeper go if we didn’t have on lined up and in place for the first game. Praise everyone as much as you like but that isn’t very good. I do think they wanted Blackman and Exeter beat us to his signature - makes me think Stone will be number 1 this season and I’m not sure based off last year if he will be good enough week in week out at this level. Fingers crossed we have someone join, but two days before the first game and we have 1 fit goalkeeper and 1 fit striker is poor planning IMO. Hopefully some join today / tomorrow but even then they probably won’t be ready for Saturday. 
Stone won't be number one come the end of the transfer window.
I agree we appear to of missed out on Blackman, but I believe we will now turn our attention to another proven keeper.
When they sign though, I don't know. Hopefully sooner rather than later.

Sent from my POT-LX1 using onevalefan mobile app

4 minutes ago, Budgie_2260 said:

Stone won't be number one come the end of the transfer window.
I agree we appear to of missed out on Blackman, but I believe we will now turn our attention to another proven keeper.
When they sign though, I don't know. Hopefully sooner rather than later.

Sent from my POT-LX1 using onevalefan mobile app

Cant see them changing the shirt number, people will have bought shirts

2 hours ago, tisdeano said:

Not much at all ? What are you on about

which player out of forrester agyakwa and small do you think we will be paying a lot of money for? they have 10 professional games between them.

for me it's a credit to the club three exciting players signed for not much outlay. i'd be worried if we were forking out big wages for them.

not sure why any objective comment, three young players will be quite cheap for us, is seen as criticism if its not pie in the sky praise. we've made some shrewd buys but we still lack a goalkeeper and 2-3 forwards and the season is 48 hours away. was exciting on tuesday to get the signings in but i doubt any will start on saturday but heaven forbid proctor gets injured again.

Archived