onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Summer transfer targets/rumours, retained list etc

werstayinup

3 hours ago, werstayinup said:

I am still surprised that Lowery hasn't signed for anyone yet so close to the new season starting,he was supposed to be Crewe's best player over the last couple of seasons

Don't be surprise if he ends up with us and one of our midfielders moved on.

Advert

I know the posts today are a bit off topic but it’s so refreshing to see the debate evolve into who people fancy as their strongest starting XI. I know we are still light in certain areas but the quality and depth we now have in defence/mid is great to see. Very reassuring considering the new 5 sub rule. DC having the option to switch around something like walker, ojo, garrity for pett, conlon, charsley (or maybe even Holden) at the 60 minute mark will be brilliant - not just fresh legs but class to go with it!

I’ve read an interesting piece today from the local rag of Wycombe. They suggest free agents they should consider to sign. Demonstrates the powerful budgets we are battling against this season.

GK Ben Foster

CB Alfie Mawson, Micheal Hector

CM Tom Carroll

ST Conor Wickham

I would be happy with any of those if there are no takers 😀

21 minutes ago, MBE said:

I’ve read an interesting piece today from the local rag of Wycombe. They suggest free agents they should consider to sign. Demonstrates the powerful budgets we are battling against this season.

GK Ben Foster

CM Tom Carroll

ST Conor Wickham

Leeds are reportedly looking at Foster also. 

13 hours ago, werstayinup said:

I am still surprised that Lowery hasn't signed for anyone yet so close to the new season starting,he was supposed to be Crewe's best player over the last couple of seasons

Apparently he’s training with Vale and played the other day v Blackburn 

GK Ben Foster
CM Tom Carroll
ST Conor Wickham
I would be happy with any of those if there are no takers

Stoke also after Mawson. Think whoever wrote that article needs to stop drinking in the week.

Talking of powerful budgets, Pompey bringing in Dane Scarlett is a very good and probably expensive loan. It's gonna be tough next year

9 hours ago, MBE said:

GK Ben Foster

CM Tom Carroll

ST Conor Wickham

Ben Foster yes please and it would further wind up the lard 

2 minutes ago, Fosse69 said:

How do you know this about the wages?

Sent from my SM-A715F using onevalefan mobile app

because they're all young lads. 

massey be on a wedge but forrester small and agyakwa have about 15 appearances between them - won't be on that much. not a problem i like young signings just 2 days out and only one fit forward and one keeper which needs sorting as good as tuesday was.

1 minute ago, Alsager Whites said:

still need forwards and gk. tuesday's signings were exciting but i don't think any of them will start on saturday and their combined wages would not have been much at all. good depth and potential but more needed.

I do wonder if we're seeing DC's words in action now. The ones where he suggested it may be a few games in before the Vale complete their signings as they wait for the right players to become available later in the window?

I'd definitely agree that a GK and FW are needed but I think this may be the squad for the Fleetwood game now and those additions may come later on in the window. 

I wonder if, in the meantime, they may add a young "development" keeper (such as the lad from Salford) who can be emergency back-up for the opening games, ahead of someone more experienced coming in. 

2 minutes ago, Alsager Whites said:

because they're all young lads. 

massey be on a wedge but forrester small and agyakwa have about 15 appearances between them - won't be on that much. not a problem i like young signings just 2 days out and only one fit forward and one keeper which needs sorting as good as tuesday was.

I disagree. Forrester has just come from Stoke where he would have probably been on a few grand a week. He hasn’t come here for hundreds. 

still need forwards and gk. tuesday's signings were exciting but i don't think any of them will start on saturday and their combined wages would not have been much at all. good depth and potential but more needed.

Not much at all ? What are you on about

Archived