onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Summer transfer targets/rumours, retained list etc

werstayinup

Advert

5 minutes ago, Warren said:

I would rather saw my foot off than drink beer at VP. The club is selling garbage. I guess most clubs do. 

Don’t you think that’s a bit extreme Warren?   I’d have thought a homemade placard and dirty protest, whilst glued by your privates to the tea bar counter would’ve been far less painful.

Just an observation but I feel that the signings that the club make are designed to see who can match up with who to help them settle.

For example a young 17 year old (Small)who plays at Southampton will probably mix with big Derek(20) who used to play down south. The younger ones...Tommy McDermott (18) and Will Forrester(21) may mix with Lewis Cass(22) and Stone?(23). Conlon and Smith(local lads). Gavin Tomlin with Ojo or Proctor(similar ages/played at Wigan). You get the idea I'm sure.

The presentations and selling the club to prospective signings must have some appeal otherwise I'm sure we'd sign nobody. 

Never have we signed a player from Stoke,who played in a higher division,and was under contract. We are actually paying fees for players.

Roll on Saturday 

14 minutes ago, DazFred said:

Just an observation but I feel that the signings that the club make are designed to see who can match up with who to help them settle.

For example a young 17 year old (Small)who plays at Southampton will probably mix with big Derek(20) who used to play down south. The younger ones...Tommy McDermott (18) and Will Forrester(21) may mix with Lewis Cass(22) and Stone?(23). Conlon and Smith(local lads). Gavin Tomlin with Ojo or Proctor(similar ages/played at Wigan). You get the idea I'm sure.

The presentations and selling the club to prospective signings must have some appeal otherwise I'm sure we'd sign nobody. 

Never have we signed a player from Stoke,who played in a higher division,and was under contract. We are actually paying fees for players.

Roll on Saturday 

How much was the fee for Forrester? Or what do we reckon it could've been?

19 minutes ago, DazFred said:

Is it 2013 again?! 😅

BBC sport website says Forrester was a free transfer.

26 July

Scottish Premiership

Hayden Coulson [Middlesbrough - Aberdeen] Loan

English Football League

Timmy Abraham [Fulham - Walsall] Free

Derek Agyakwa [Watford - Port Vale] Free

Jamal Blackman [Huddersfield - Exeter] Free

Kegs Chauke [Southampton - Exeter] Loan

Alvaro Fernandez [Man Utd - Preston] Loan

Will Forrester [Stoke - Port Vale] Free

Reda Khadra [Brighton - Sheff Utd] Loan

4 minutes ago, Trumpingtonvale said:

26 July

Scottish Premiership

English Football League

Had a double take on this when saw Walsall’s new signing but it was Timmy  not Tammy!

4 hours ago, LancyTony said:

Blimey - good feet, nippy, bags of confidence and not afraid of putting a tackle in - no wonder some Southampton fans are calling him a beast!

OMG, look how far we have come... Look at the potential in the signings...

I know that there has been a bit of disquiet over the past few weeks at the lack of signings. And given that DF does like to get his business sorted early I can see some reason for that. But due to the play offs DF was juggling two squad budgets. He could not sign up talent early. Instead of going early, this time, he done the business by following and waiting for the right moment to pounce. No panic buys to reassure nervous fans. This is recruitment with a plan. Some brilliant business oday and It would not be a surprise if DF pulled something equally good out of the bag before the weekend with a GK and a striker of some sort.

We are now recruiting talent, realy good talent. And impressing championship clubs too with our setup. After plundering league one last season for gems like Wilson, we now start to plunder the Championship. Progression. 

That progression is backed by the board who have confidence in DF and DC. Its a powerful combination. 

DC may garner the attention, and thats fine, but behind the scenes DF is doing a brilliant job at moving this club forwards. The squad is a million miles away from what it was under Askey:

• Gone are the days of trying to find the net with hapless Guthrie, Rodney and Robinson..
  • Gone are the days of dissatisfield supporters rolling out the 'if ... left I'd drive him to the station'
  • Gone are the days of hoping Pope will stay fit to get the goals to keep us up

Despite all of this excitement at the potential improvement in the squad we may still have a quiet season where we finish mid table, but for me, thats fine. Thats progress, stabilisation in L1 and then refine the squad again next season. Progress thanks the the pruhcess. These are great times to be a Vale fan, drink it in, and long may it continue..

17 minutes ago, Trumpingtonvale said:

26 July

Scottish Premiership

English Football League

I don't trust the accuracy of BBC Sports. My reason is they are a highlights channel and they don't carry the level of dedicated football journalist resources that Sky do. 

2 hours ago, Guitar Ray said:

Nothing has to give, that’s not to say it won’t, but first and foremost Small will have to earn the right to play.  He’s 17 so I’d be delighted if he was a immediate contender but I’m guessing this won’t be the case.

Taking a flier with this one granted. But I expect he is a Premiership level player in development and his inherent ability will quickly shine through provided he is physically ready for League 1 football. From the videos he demonstrates a high level of talent, but it's not clear how good the opposition is in many cases. 

49 minutes ago, manc_vale said:

OMG, look how far we have come... Look at the potential in the signings...

I know that there has been a bit of disquiet over the past few weeks at the lack of signings. And given that DF does like to get his business sorted early I can see some reason for that. But due to the play offs DF was juggling two squad budgets. He could not sign up talent early. Instead of going early, this time, he done the business by following and waiting for the right moment to pounce. No panic buys to reassure nervous fans. This is recruitment with a plan. Some brilliant business oday and It would not be a surprise if DF pulled something equally good out of the bag before the weekend with a GK and a striker of some sort.

We are now recruiting talent, realy good talent. And impressing championship clubs too with our setup. After plundering league one last season for gems like Wilson, we now start to plunder the Championship. Progression. 

That progression is backed by the board who have confidence in DF and DC. Its a powerful combination. 

DC may garner the attention, and thats fine, but behind the scenes DF is doing a brilliant job at moving this club forwards. The squad is a million miles away from what it was under Askey:

• Gone are the days of trying to find the net with hapless Guthrie, Rodney and Robinson..
  • Gone are the days of dissatisfield supporters rolling out the 'if ... left I'd drive him to the station'
  • Gone are the days of hoping Pope will stay fit to get the goals to keep us up

Despite all of this excitement at the potential improvement in the squad we may still have a quiet season where we finish mid table, but for me, thats fine. Thats progress, stabilisation in L1 and then refine the squad again next season. Progress thanks the the pruhcess. These are great times to be a Vale fan, drink it in, and long may it continue..

Totally agree - and for a Prem club to be wowed by the presentation of the club we want them to send their players to, can only be the start of a good thing!

A real promising day of business by the Vale. Hopefully one or two of the boo boys will be silenced, yet again. 

To be able to pluck Forrester from Stoke seems a real coup. I know one or two Stokies, and they are very complimentary of Will. It takes real desire to leave your boyhood club in search of regular football, despite featuring a few times, but it takes even more desire to join the other club in the city. From the outside, it seems a great piece of business by the club. 

Agyakwa I’m very unfamiliar with, yet he must have something about him to convince DC and Flitcroft to give him a chance. 

Small arrives with bags and bags of potential. I’d heard of the lad in the past due to his Everton ties, and he attracted interest from United before obviously joining Southampton. He’s only 17, so it may take a little while for him bed in. However, I wouldn’t be put off by his inexperience - if you’re good enough, you’re certainly good enough for any level. I look at Livramento at The Saints: similar age, similar position and similar inexperience before his breakthrough, and he’s absolutely shone in the Premier League. Small has all the attributes to exceed expectations and become a massive part of our season. He’s the one I’m most looking forward to seeing. 

McDermott signing is another we should all applaud. It’s great to see the club rewarding a talented youngster with a pro-contract so early into his career.

A great day to be a Vale fan. Bring on Saturday! 

2 hours ago, sandyford_valiant said:

How much was the fee for Forrester? Or what do we reckon it could've been?

No idea. Young lad with a handful of first team appearances aged 21.

Wed offer peanuts. They would ask for something in the 6 figure region plus a sell on. Let's hope it's the Dave Hibbert team who decide the final figure

Archived