onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Summer transfer targets/rumours, retained list etc

werstayinup

9 minutes ago, mr.hobblesworth said:

Ditch him, sell him, whatever. We got rid, probably had been planning to do so for months, and still haven't got a replacement. Ditto Cov. The club will have known since January that they didn't want him here this season but 6 months on we still don't have 2 keepers and there are 4 days left before the season starts. 

This is a place to discuss Port Vale. It's a bit much to dismiss fans' concerns as 'whinging'; as welcome as the new signing is, we're still significantly short of bodies, we've only had 2 friendlies and people are justifiably concerned that we seem woefully underprepared for a new season in a higher league.

Pre-season - the friendlies and player unveilings - is one of the most exciting times of the seaon for football fans and I don't see the issue if supporters are disappointed. To state that people airing these concerns are being 'disloyal', "whinging" or other such bilge is laughable. Should add, you dismissing fans' concerns as such could also "increase the friction between fans on here".

Agree completely about the keeper situation.  Bizarre to say the least.

I think Taylor is different situation. Clearly strings pulled by his agent, the one who thought Crookes was Usain Bolt. 

Made no bones whether in the Sentinel or on the radio that Taylor should be first name on the sheet and play all 46 games. His move has probably been manufactured ages ago and if he thinks Morecambe is the place to fire his career good luck to him. 

I was very disappointed he left and that wasn't doe eyes after Wembley. Always liked him . However you can't keep an unhappy player, whether he was truly unhappy or just his agent unhappy we'll never know .

Advert

Ditch him, sell him, whatever. We got rid, probably had been planning to do so for months, and still haven't got a replacement. Ditto Cov. The club will have known since January that they didn't want him here this season but 6 months on we still don't have 2 keepers and there are 4 days left before the season starts. 

This is a place to discuss Port Vale. It's a bit much to dismiss fans' concerns as 'whinging'; as welcome as the new signing is, we're still significantly short of bodies, we've only had 2 friendlies and people are justifiably concerned that we seem woefully underprepared for a new season in a higher league.
Pre-season - the friendlies and player unveilings - is one of the most exciting times of the seaon for football fans and I don't see the issue if supporters are disappointed. To state that people airing these concerns are being 'disloyal', "whinging" or other such bilge is laughable. Should add, you dismissing fans' concerns as such could also "increase the friction between fans on here".

I guess the question is then , are fans (you)believing that we are not prepared.

Or

Just disappointed that it’s been a ‘quiet’ pre season

I seem to think the latter, as I wouldn’t want to accuse a management team that’s just got us promoted through extreme adversity, of not having the know how and experience of getting a team ready.

They have explained the reason for playing fewer friendly matches and they have explained that some transfer targets haven’t come off.

I think fans need to be mindful of not getting their own desires confused with the what’s best for the squad.

Everyone likes transfer news and a friendly to see the new players but we had a playoff end to the season which we haven’t had in moderne times.

If in 10 games time we are bottom then this approach could be questioned . Pre deciding it’s a failure before the failure has happened does seem to highlight what some posters are accusing you of; negative, pessimistic lacking trust in the …..pruuuuucessssss

1 minute ago, SFBT said:

So pleased to see the upturn in atmosphere on here since last night's announcement!

It’s exactly what was needed. Without we would have been extremely short for Saturday. Genuine concern from fans have not began to be met so it’s all good. Still need a keeper over the line this week and ideally a striker but it’s looking much better than yesterday morning 

People are different

People have different views on life and the world

People are wired differently

For every person that worries or panics, another one will be calm and collective

Ask yourself, is your glass half full or half empty

Please do not mock each other for having different views and for handling things different

11 minutes ago, Santa said:

This isn’t the outcome that Stoke wanted. But it doesn’t sound a happy place down the incinerator at the minute. 

The manager is a <ovf censored>. They have treated some of the lads really shabbily down there.

7 minutes ago, MBE said:

The manager is a <ovf censored>. They have treated some of the lads really shabbily down there.

Yeah it does seem something is very off with them for whatever reason. Only times have heard O’Neil speak he comes across really uninspiring and by all accounts it’s reflecting in the brand of football. Compared to DC it’s night and day with how he just makes players want to run through brick walls for him.

13 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:

Could only see that happening if it was a loan. Permanent he’s our player and he’s rejected them. Squad starting to come together nicely

If we can get a GK and a striker in before Friday then should have enough cover for the 1st few weeks. I still think we will see a player or 2 leave by the end of the window as we fine tune the squad.

What a difference a summer makes.Last summer debating about keeping the likes of Pope,Briwn Joyce etc because they could still do a job.

The turn around is amazing since Flickers and DC have come in.

8 minutes ago, Brian Johnson said:

People are different

People have diffetrent views on life and the world

For every person that worries or panics, another one will be calm and collective

Please do not mock each other for having different views and for handling things different

stick to the cricket!

Interesting one regarding Forrester.

Him and his family are all Stoke fans I believe.

Yet he's turned down a contract in favour of first team football to go to their rivals.

I'd imagine we'd have to pay a fee too?

Or is it a ploy to use us to get a better contract at Stoke?

5 minutes ago, Brian Johnson said:

People are different

People have different views on life and the world

That's very true, I'm currently sitting here with a cup of coffee (half full) and a kitkat as calm as a cucumber with ovf open on one tab and the oatcake on another smiling to myself at the comments. After watching the Vale at Wembley again last night for the umpteenth time whilst on my exercise bike ! 

Can't wait for Saturday ! Get in. 😂😂😂

Today’s new player reveal:

Scene: a cubicle in the home team dressing room at Vale Park, the door closed, two trainered feet visible below the door.  DC in the background giving a pep talk “I don’t want any d@£kneads in this dressing room”.  The cubicle occupant starts whistling “The Wonder of You”, a toilet roll, emblazoned with the SCFC emblem drops to the floor and rolls out under the door, a sigh, a flush,the door opens…….. and Will Forrester emerges.

Would that be enough to endear him to the hate Stoke brigade?

8 minutes ago, barny61 said:

That's very true, I'm currently sitting here with a cup of coffee (half full) and a kitkat as calm as a cucumber with ovf open on one tab and the oatcake on another smiling to myself at the comments. After watching the Vale at Wembley again last night for the umpteenth time whilst on my exercise bike ! 

Can't wait for Saturday ! Get in. 😂😂😂

Must have been a long ride 😃

I can kind of get not wanting Stoke loan players, wouldn't sit very comfortably with me.

But this guy is openly sticking two fingers up at Stoke and would rather be with us. A good number of their fans have gone into meltdown over it, and we get a very good player (by all accounts) in return. The guy is a legend before he's kicked a ball.

Archived