Advert

Advert

Summer transfer targets/rumours, retained list etc

werstayinup

1 minute ago, darren1810 said:

🤣

5392.jpg

😂😂😂
The lack of faith shown in a management team that overhauled a squad and got us the promotion we were so desperate for is shocking to see.

So many people told us they were messing it up last year… we should have signed this player… shouldn’t have loaned these players… should have played 442… should have broken the bank…. They have missed the chance… we won’t get promoted.

Outcome… promotion.

The VERY FIRST opportunity for people to have faith in them this season… the very first one and the barrage has started.

I’m all for people having an opinion, I wish the summer had gone differently myself… but I 100% back them to get it right eventually and talk of them being a “shambles” or “not planning properly” are disrespectful in my eyes.

Advert

1 minute ago, mr.hobblesworth said:

Are you not worried?

If i thought we wouldn't add another player now until January then yes i would be as would the majority i guess but we still have a month left and no doubt those several players will come in during that time,with 2 or 3 this week. So no at this moment in time i aren't worried and thats the truth

for those who think we will buy contracted players, do you really think the transfer fee for these players will get lower as time runs out for there current club to replace them??? surely it goes up as the cost of losing a player now is higher than in june for example!
this 'wait till the end of the window' strategy only works for players who aren't getting paid right now and no fee needs to be agreed. meaning we're chasing lads who haven't had a pre season.
its clear we've got red lines on wages and characters but its reaching the point where they need to be a bit less clear cut. we have around 11-12 players who are somewhere near match fit. principles won't win points. a less than perfect squad in reality which finishes 19th is better than a hypothetically perfect squad which has speedy up top in november because we refused to sign anyone who didn't fit our narrow blueprint.
It depends if they need to move players off their wage budget to allow them to sign one of their targets. Players who weren't available all of a sudden become available late in the window as clubs sign players in their position, the player kicks up a stink because they aren't 1st choice or someone at a higher level club becomes available because of the previous 2 reasons. You also get free agents that are being courted by higher level clubs as a backup if they are unable to land their target that don't tget their ideal move.

We have 5 days left. I don't understand people thinking that we can somehow sacrifice the next few games whilst we get our squad ready. The poor start to last season could have been catastrophic (not that I'd have changed anything about the way the later results went). Do you not think the longer things go on, the greater the likelihood of a bit of barrel scraping?

13 hours ago, dishydave said:
18 hours ago, LancyTony said:
Agreed - but I always think we're closer to Brentford's model? Posh have made a lot money on player sales.

Posh lost £6.5 million last year and Brentford loose an average of £40 million a year. So even though it seems to be working for them it needs a lot of investment to make it work.

Not disputing that...I think Posh haven't sold as many players recently as in past seasons (but I cba researching that!) and realistically, £40 million isn't a massive amount to be in debt, in the Prem...or the Championship, if it comes to that? But it would be great for Vale to be successful on their more sensible approach to recruitment and building the infrastructure of the club, as well as making the ground improvements as necessary?

Archived