onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Summer transfer targets/rumours, retained list etc

werstayinup

Advert

I have stayed calm up until now but a new goalkeeper and center forward  really are important for us to compete at this level

With the spirit within the team I still think we will be OK v Fleetwood as well as the promotion buzz

its a marathon not a sprint and if you look at our poor start last season

When the new signings do come we can only improve

21 minutes ago, mr.hobblesworth said:

We need at least 5 or 6, especially when teams can now bring on 5 subs and with Wilson out. What are we going to do when we're chasing a game? Bring on Hussey?

Quite why we let players leave before securing their replacements baffles me.

Also, I hope McDermott won't be pushed in to the first team squad before he's ready just because of a lack of bodies. Lad needs a good loan spell.

Which players who we have let go would you have kept? There was only Taylor in contract and knocking on the door for a first team place. Amoo was a bit part player, Gibbons was out of contract, Martin was never the first name on the team sheet and Hurst didn’t feature all season. 
You could argue that Ojo has replaced Taylor. The rest we could either do nothing about or were happy to shake their hands and wave them in to the sunset.

Well that’s it no signing today. Must admit I thought we would have had 1 today. Maybe we are going old school and announce 3 signings all together holding a bag of balls standing next to DC. Nice photo in the Sentinel.

A break the mould moment.😀

1 hour ago, tisdeano said:

Wonder who the strikers we are after are, be great get them in by the end of the window if not sooner

Maybe a couple of younger lads from higher up the leagues and possibly others are at clubs currently and we have to agree fees with their club tisdeano

1 hour ago, Alsager Whites said:

nowt passive this is a joke, season in 4 days and got 1 keeper 1 fit striker and can't fill a bench

On a plus point we have plenty of midfielders so at a push we know Garrity can go up front(has a good record up top for us) and if not then McDermott might get his chance,not ideal at all but it is what it is for now

3 minutes ago, werstayinup said:

On a plus point we have plenty of midfielders so at a push we know Garrity can go up front(has a good record up top for us) and if not then McDermott might get his chance,not ideal at all but it is what it is for now

conlon walker pett not match fit so garrity has to play in middle

3 minutes ago, werstayinup said:

Although if that has to happen then something has gone drastically wrong somewhere.  

36 minutes ago, tisdeano said:

I also heard Izzy Brown , but really bad injury record

Think I’d prefer Blackman over Hladky due to age and lack of fee

Massey be decent IMHO

Strikers , I have no idea on

Brown has had injury problems but IF that could be put under control then surely he would be very very good at League One level?

think it will explain where people's arguments come from. is it a genuine belief that late business is better or more just defending whatever the club does without personal opinion coming into it. if its the latter then theres no point having the discussion.
blackman, lowery, walker, massey all good with me. lowery and walker would be outstanding but don't think wed get them. wouldn't mind hladky. massey good at rwb. would like a young cb too to backup smithy.
My argument stems from the fact that most of my football supporting life centered around 1 single substitute and the belief that the managers and directors of the club knew a lot more about signing players than I.
We can have 11 players on the pitch at any one time and now we can have 5 subs.
If we have a 25man squad then that's 8 players sat being paid for doing diddly squat on a match day.
I'm not saying we only require a squad of 17, I'm saying that as of 3.00 pm Saturday 17 is all we need.
If the management have failed to sign the RIGHT PLAYERS that THEY believe will add to the squad rather than just making up numbers then I like them are prepared to wait.
If that means losing a few games so be it, personally I don't believe it necessarily will but we shall see.
Either way, we will neither be promoted, relegated or 'safe' come the end of the transfer window.
Lets see what transpires, yours, a bona-fide Happy Clapper.

Sent from my SM-G930F using onevalefan mobile app

Just now, Birches Head Fred said:

My argument stems from the fact that most of my football supporting life centered around 1 single substitute and the belief that the managers and directors of the club knew a lot more about signing players than I.
We can have 11 players on the pitch at any one time and now we can have 5 subs.
If we have a 25man squad then that's 8 players sat being paid for doing diddly squat on a match day.
I'm not saying we only require a squad of 17, I'm saying that as of 3.00 pm Saturday 17 is all we need.
If the management have failed to sign the RIGHT PLAYERS that THEY believe will add to the squad rather than just making up numbers then I like them are prepared to wait.
If that means losing a few games so be it, personally I don't believe it necessarily will but we shall see.
Either way, we will neither be promoted, relegated or 'safe' come the end of the transfer window.
Lets see what transpires, yours, a bona-fide Happy Clapper.

Sent from my SM-G930F using onevalefan mobile app

right now we have a squad of 16 as wilson won't play. pett has just had back surgery. conlon and walker played their first 20 minutes in months. if stone/proctor get injured we have literally zero replacements.

i agree we'd be sound if we had 18 fit players with backups for each area but we don't. we have 6 central midfielders and one striker who couldn't train properly and needed injections to come off the bench. eventually you just need bodies through the door.

Archived