onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Summer transfer targets/rumours, retained list etc

werstayinup

If you look back on wikipedia at vales season highlights for 1990-s to present day you'll see that even when we were in the championship average crowds were very low considering the calibre of teams visiting and vales performances. Why? Our average for last season is close to those. We've almost sold a record number of season tickets. Why? Why do most seats in the Lorne street (out of those available) end up filled? Why do we want Hamil as a home end instead of bycars? Is it because Hamil and Lorne street have had the most recent investment whereas the rest of the ground is non league standard? Supporters want facilities, investment brings success.

Advert

Away from the pointless back and forth, and admittedly slightly off-topic, thought this was an interesting read, for those of us who enjoyed the green 'un - 

The last sentence of this is however very pertinent to this thread, re Pompey's summer business: “The season kicks off next week and they haven’t got a single senior striker on the books.”

So it isn't just us.

Stay calm, and enjoy the rest of your weekend kids 👍

3 hours ago, ValeForever. said:

Josh Murphy has signed for Oxford, cost Cardiff 11 million about 3 years ago. Was on the bench for them in a friendly yesterday!

Some unbelievable players now playing at League 1 level. Hourihane at Derby is another. 

The gap between league 2 and top half of league 1 is absolutely massive. The money flying around on wages must be ridiculous.

The gap between league 2 and top half of league 1 is absolutely massive. The money flying around on wages must be ridiculous.
It's not the players worth it's his commitment, we have a group of players with the commitment and ability to get us a top half finish, we will add a couple more players that fit our needs, it's called progress, believing in the process, we are in good hands, win or lose the club players owners will need all our support, keep believing, up the Vale

Away from the pointless back and forth, and admittedly slightly off-topic, thought this was an interesting read, for those of us who enjoyed the green 'un - 
7579.jpg?width=1200&height=630&quality=85&auto=format&fit=crop&overlay-align=bottom%2Cleft&overlay-width=100p&overlay-base64=L2ltZy9zdGF0aWMvb3ZlcmxheXMvdG8tZGVmYXVsdC5wbmc&s=9ea115cd3d117e4c0b0e67dcf8505667 WWW.THEGUARDIAN.COM The last sentence of this is however very pertinent to this thread, re Pompey's summer business: “The season kicks off next week and they haven’t got a single senior striker on the books.”
So it isn't just us.
Stay calm, and enjoy the rest of your weekend kids
Last season Pompey relied on loan strikers, likely again this season, waiting for clubs to decide who to send out on loan.

Sent from my SM-A715F using onevalefan mobile app

At least over the next week this thread should actually be filled with talk on new signings.

I know we have only signed 2 but i dont think anyone predicted Ojo and we could of just guessed that we would sign Cass this summer,so that shows that we no longer leak stuff out here,there and everywhere.. time will tell if Blackman comes off as some have said

Now lets look at those we have been rumoured to be interested in over the last few weeks... Blackman,Hladky,Brown,Lowry,Walker,Massey lets be honest any of those would be very good signings and i have probably missed some there but i am sure all have played higher up,so lets see what this coming week brings KTF

Onwards and Upwards

Feels like people currently fall into two camps:

1. Utter panic and daily meltdown that we haven't signed many players yet

2. Complete calmness, head in the sand, "trust the process", don't worry we'll be fine.

Is anyone else just a mixture, ie a bit disappointed in the window so far, but happy to see what happens this week and before the window shuts?

12 hours ago, fuzzyvalefan said:

A big week coming up. We really need at least a striker and a keeper before Sat.

I would say we need at LEAST 2 strikers and a keeper and maybe a RWB before Saturday

I can actually see 3 forwards in this week with Willow out and you never know with Proc and his fitness,so we need cover there that's for sure

Also, I feel this "Championship ready" mantra should have been kept in house.

Idiots will start to use it against Carol if things don't go well.

I love the ambition, but declaring it publicly can leave us with egg on our face.

Feel it's gonna become the new "we won't finish 8th".

9 hours ago, rob1983 said:

Why are we spending 1.3 million on the ground when we can't even get a squad together. This transfer window has been a shambles.

If the transfer window had shut yesterday then i would most certainly agree with you as would the majority on here BUT I am going to wait until the end of August before i decide if it's been a shambles or not,oh and the spend on the ground doesn't affect the budget one bit,the money is there in the budget to sign decent players and this will show if/when we pay a fee for a player.

15 minutes ago, valeparklife said:

Also, I feel this "Championship ready" mantra should have been kept in house.

Idiots will start to use it against Carol if things don't go well.

I love the ambition, but declaring it publicly can leave us with egg on our face.

Feel it's gonna become the new "we won't finish 8th".

Indeed it will, and it will eventually.  Much like 'trust the purhocess' will be banded about at the 1st opportunity by some forgetting where we actually came from not too long ago.

Think I'm in the camp of being surprised that we've only made 2 signings so far, I'm concerned by the standard of some of our rivals signings and hope that we hear some positive news over the coming days.  However I'm not going to lose my head over it.

17 minutes ago, werstayinup said:

If the transfer window had shut yesterday then i would most certainly agree with you as would the majority on here BUT I am going to wait until the end of August before i decide if it's been a shambles or not,oh and the spend on the ground doesn't affect the budget one bit,the money is there in the budget to sign decent players and this will show if/when we pay a fee for a player.

End of August is a bit late, we are 4 weeks in to the season by then. Any signings that late will be deals which have been negotiating for a long time and finalised later than expected which is fair enough or last choice signings where we have tried multiple others for these positions or the player has failed to attract a number of clubs. 
Any players signed in the next week have cut it very fine, signings in the last week of August smells like desperation.

Carol has done the correct thing with spending money on the ground, it’s others within the club who have let her down not finding the correct players, agreed contracts and got them training with the Vale at this late stage within pre season. Hopefully we stay up and lessons have been learned going forward and we can quote “progression”

Archived