onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Summer transfer targets/rumours, retained list etc

werstayinup

Advert

text from a rotherham fan
"Wilson was on crutches with his lower leg strapped up to hell when I saw the squad on the plane the other week"
Weve left our business too late and now we are desperate for a forward. proctor can't play saturday tuesday. agents will know 'port vale are desperate for forwards' and will charge a premium. our strategy may have backfired. we are now beholden to the agents who know we need 1-2 players in the next 6 days.
The end of the world is nigh...

Tempted to take my boots with me to the game next week. My dream of playing for the vale might actually come true.

My standard is about Sunday league/lads and dads level and my fitness level is probably that of a elderly tortoise but I have a quality goal celebration.

Over to you DC and Carol. I'm ready and waiting and promise not to be too hungover on Saturday 

5 hours ago, werstayinup said:

I think these sort of things are a great idea as you never know if you can unearth that one special player,I guess this will be against our young lads as well.

This could feature some players released by clubs higher up and those lads who just want to try and make it in the EFL. Nowt lose in sending DF and Dunn to this

It’s a woman’s football trials so I hope we ain’t signing any for mens football ️ 

7 minutes ago, boslemportvale91 said:

Tempted to take my boots with me to the game next week. My dream of playing for the vale might actually come true.

My standard is about Sunday league/lads and dads level and my fitness level is probably that of a elderly tortoise but I have a quality goal celebration.

Over to you DC and Carol. I'm ready and waiting and promise not to be too hungover on Saturday 

Well we did once give Theo a 2 year contract with less attributes than that so it could well be your time to shine.

59 minutes ago, Alsager Whites said:

text from a rotherham fan

"Wilson was on crutches with his lower leg strapped up to hell when I saw the squad on the plane the other week"

Weve left our business too late and now we are desperate for a forward. proctor can't play saturday tuesday. agents will know 'port vale are desperate for forwards' and will charge a premium. our strategy may have backfired. we are now beholden to the agents who know we need 1-2 players in the next 6 days.

Panic stations!!!!!!!

Some great points there as it’s detailed spot on
Personally our club if it wants to succeed and be an established league one side that hopes to get into the championship one day then we have to break our wage structure at some point ?
I’d probably say that we ain’t offering anything more than £3,500 a week at Port Vale so far, so unfortunately we’re going to have to upset our dressing room weather it’s this season or in two seasons time, we can’t keep running on a certain level of budget and expect miracles to happen. There’s clubs in league two that are currently beating us to players at the same time. I know we have a plan in place and we offer and family network at the club, but a player from the outside doesn’t know or see this when he’s negotiating the next two or three years of his career wages.
So as follows…
1. Sign players of a lower quality to get numbers in?
Big No No

2. Break the wage structure and pay what players are demanding and then suffer the consequences?
This has to happen one day

3. Hold out for quality players and hope their wage demands fall within our budget?
 Very risky business as you may be without and full 25 man squad until after Christmas 

4. Sign d*ckheads who could upset the camp?
No chance, but normally a is a quality player on massive money so not in our reach anyway
Something has to give one way or the other, because so far we are getting left behind and this worries me very much.
I think the other option not mentioned is to sign chancers. Players that other clubs have discounted due to injury record or problem players eg Mckirdy. Not recommending it just pointing it out as an option.

Archived