onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Summer transfer targets/rumours, retained list etc

werstayinup

It's huge! I moved to Austria to work for one of the biggest producers of film and film products worldwide. In the last 5 years the demand is sky high. Now all big movies are being shot on film also, more darkrooms opening up again etc etc. Checkout analogue Wonderland if you are looking for a place to buy goods (you might be able to get super 8 although my company only make 16mm)  PM me if you wanna chat Film or just wanna get hold of some 35mm, 120 etc and I'll get some sent over
Can you get 126 film?

Advert

1 hour ago, Paul6754 said:

To some extent I agree GR but there has to be some wiggle room/scope to pay the going rate and players have to be mature as from what I understand generally strikers (Especially those with a goal scoring record) are paid more than midfield players who are paid more than defenders who are paid more than goalkeepers but it's no where near absolute as other factors like age/experience etc are taken into consideration.

I'm not advocating breaking the bank and 6k/week for a Lge 1 player sounds a lot of money but in a free market the "Going rate" has to be paid to get the players the club wants not whatever the crazy money salaries are.

Differentials in salaries/benefits happens all the time in every profession/job and management has to manage it and the expectations.

Common sense would suggest that what you’re saying will almost certainly be the case.  The point being that we can’t suddenly jump from say max 2-2.5k (random figure) to paying 5-6k for a new player, the difference would be too great.

One other thought, given we heavily incentivise our pay, could our existing squad actually be worse off in the higher league, where we’re likely to win fewer games, finish lower in the table, concede more goals, etc?  Maybe the triggers for bonuses are moved each season to compensate for this, as in an annual performance review.  No idea what the reality is, just a thought I had.

At the end of the day footballers look first at the salary and second the length of the contract....if it's neck and neck with a couple of other clubs then then travelling and settling into a new area might come into play.

If the player is single his view might be different than a lad whose married with a couple of children in school, so many different things come into the equation, for instance a player may take a lesser salary but a longer contract, some may want to resurrect a career some may want a last pay day, it ain't easy pulling a deal off, the player via his agent want the best deal for them and the club accordingly.

2 minutes ago, Guitar Ray said:

Common sense would suggest that what you’re saying will almost certainly be the case.  The point being that we can’t suddenly jump from say max 2-2.5k (random figure) to paying 5-6k for a new player, the difference would be too great.

One other thought, given we heavily incentivise our pay, could our existing squad actually be worse off in the higher league, where we’re likely to win fewer games, finish lower in the table, concede more goals, etc?  Maybe the triggers for bonuses are moved each season to compensate for this, as in an annual performance review.  No idea what the reality is, just a thought I had.

Maybe the basic pay is increased with playing in a higher league, target maybe mid table instead of top 7, obviously have a top 6 target although not likely to be achieved. 

1 hour ago, valiant_593 said:

Sad what’s happened to this forum recently. Anything said even if constructive is considered moaning / panicking ect and being met with some pretty rude responses. The one from lancytony for example. now those with a different view being blocked, no wonder so many decent posters keep leaving what was a great forum. 

You’re post isn’t constructive…..and you’re  moaning…..about the moaners. 😉

24 minutes ago, Guitar Ray said:

You’re post isn’t constructive…..and you’re  moaning…..about the moaners. 😉

A fine example of why this poster is blocked! Sadly, as with RZ, people often quote him to point out his errors / made up "facts" / assumptions. Not even saying which of my posts he is taking issue with is typical!  

6 hours ago, chickensteve said:
12 hours ago, Emile said:
It's huge! I moved to Austria to work for one of the biggest producers of film and film products worldwide. In the last 5 years the demand is sky high. Now all big movies are being shot on film also, more darkrooms opening up again etc etc. Checkout analogue Wonderland if you are looking for a place to buy goods (you might be able to get super 8 although my company only make 16mm)  PM me if you wanna chat Film or just wanna get hold of some 35mm, 120 etc and I'll get some sent over emoji846.png

Can you get 126 film?

This one is dead in the water I'm afraid 

9 hours ago, LancyTony said:

How much are we paying Hussey?

He was a League 1 left back for Cheltenham. I like Hussey. He is getting a lot of blame for the games lost at the end of last season and particularly the incident where he fell over v Newport. That was actually part foul and part watering the pitch before kick off and after the players had warmed up creating a slippery surface in the corner. That day he also faced a situation where there were fundamental weaknesses in the midfield available which allowed the opposition to steam right through and onto the defence. Going forward the opposition had worked on stopping Hussey by marking up in the right way to prevent the pass interchanges on the left flank and crosses on the left foot. So he went backwards too much. Finally that was a period when Vale had lost the concept that strikers / forwards must actually get in the box!  This deprived him of targets to cross to. Because he is cautious on the ball he won't cross speculatively and again that caused going backwards. 

So there is a need to reset him and to use him effectively. New season and new start. His game emphasises care on the ball and meticulous passing in squares and triangles. This can be slow but when he gets near the box and worked some space he can put in very effective crosses. He is also obviously good at corners and wide freekicks. He is fit and shows a good turn of pace going backwards in defence. Probably can improve on the last line of defence defending in the box. There is plenty positive to work with at League 1 level. 

According to figures I have seen there were last season over 30 players in league 1 earning over 6k per week. Not even all the big name clubs either splashing the cash, with Morgan Rodgers on 19k per week at Lincoln. You can quibble over some of the figures but it does show that 6k per week does not seem crazy for a good player. 

11 hours ago, MBE said:

<ovf censored> me I hope we sign someone tomorrow to move on from the same arguments. Amazingly I never heard anyone challenge Flickers or DC tonight about the lack of transfer activity.

Opening day can't come quick enough.

Well if we filled the squad with poor quality players who had been badly thought out, we’d moan then. 

I think the real issue is money. Some league 1 standard players seem very poor value given that they seem to command double league  2 wages, yet I doubt we will double our revenue. 

According to figures I have seen there were last season over 30 players in league 1 earning over 6k per week. Not even all the big name clubs either splashing the cash, with Morgan Rodgers on 19k per week at Lincoln. You can quibble over some of the figures but it does show that 6k per week does not seem crazy for a good player. 
ogimage.png SALARYSPORT.COM  

I'd take things like that with a pinch of salt. Rogers, for example, was only on loan from Man City so his wage was probably wholly subsidised by City or partly. No way on this earth were Lincoln paying him 19k per week. Even if they were, at over 123k per goal would that have been worth it? Same with all the Fleetwood players listed

23 minutes ago, Warren said:

He was a League 1 left back for Cheltenham. I like Hussey. He is getting a lot of blame for the games lost at the end of last season and particularly the incident where he fell over v Newport. That was actually part foul and part watering the pitch before kick off and after the players had warmed up creating a slippery surface in the corner. That day he also faced a situation where there were fundamental weaknesses in the midfield available which allowed the opposition to steam right through and onto the defence. Going forward the opposition had worked on stopping Hussey by marking up in the right way to prevent the pass interchanges on the left flank and crosses on the left foot. So he went backwards too much. Finally that was a period when Vale had lost the concept that strikers / forwards must actually get in the box!  This deprived him of targets to cross to. Because he is cautious on the ball he won't cross speculatively and again that caused going backwards. 

So there is a need to reset him and to use him effectively. New season and new start. His game emphasises care on the ball and meticulous passing in squares and triangles. This can be slow but when he gets near the box and worked some space he can put in very effective crosses. He is also obviously good at corners and wide freekicks. He is fit and shows a good turn of pace going backwards in defence. Probably can improve on the last line of defence defending in the box. There is plenty positive to work with at League 1 level. 

Always worthwhile looking at individual performance in a team context, especially when key players are missing, thus exposing others.

Hussey clearly has attributes. He wouldn't have been signed otherwise.

It's DC's responsibility to get the best out of him.

Why are people moaning? Maybe it’s a new virus?Behave.Our current best 11 is good enough to compete in League 1.A selective few additions,all in good time,will only make us more competitive.People expecting  us to pay 5/6k per week wages shows how out of touch they are with reality.The additions will come.Calm down .

Archived