onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Summer transfer targets/rumours, retained list etc

werstayinup

4 minutes ago, werstayinup said:

Blackman(obviously going off where he has been) imo would be an upgrade on Cov so that's a good start

Upgrade on Stone as well. This is kind of why I wanted Stone loaned out, so he could be playing every week in the league below and we keep cov on the bench. Shame for Stone who I’m certain will be number 2. Blackman a top signing 

Advert

2 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:

Upgrade on Stone as well. This is kind of why I wanted Stone loaned out, so he could be playing every week in the league below and we keep cov on the bench. Shame for Stone who I’m certain will be number 2. Blackman a top signing 

We'll see how it plays out but I reckon a lot will depend on how the management have assessed Stone this summer and any development done under Carlo Nash. I would maybe err to Stone starting the season against Fleetwood and then see how it goes with Blackman in the cup games. If they went the other way I'd perfectly understand that too though.

1 minute ago, Guppys left peg said:

We'll see how it plays out but I reckon a lot will depend on how the management have assessed Stone this summer and any development done under Carlo Nash. I would maybe err to Stone starting the season against Fleetwood and then see how it goes with Blackman in the cup games. If they went the other way I'd perfectly understand that too though.

Makes sense to be fair with not long left before the first game, I just can’t see him agreeing to sign to be on the bench. Either way looks like we will have 2 decent keepers again

6 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:

Makes sense to be fair with not long left before the first game, I just can’t see him agreeing to sign to be on the bench. Either way looks like we will have 2 decent keepers again

Has to be on performance, he would expect to be number 1  based on his career but would have to prove it. 

How many signings have we announced?

Are all the turnstiles working?

When can I buy my away tickets?

Are any of the new signings going to bring my season ticket to me to save me queuing up for it?

Is Wilson injured? If not,why not? 

Why is the blog not updated,it's been 5 minutes already?

To be fair Lol Hamlett did a bloody good job with that bucket and magic sponge. The injuries today won't be any different, sadly Lol's no longer around to do his magic. I think sometimes we forget that no matter what changes in the game take place, it is still all down to sending eleven guys out to kick a ball around a patch of grass. As long as your guys are more skillful, fitter and try harder, they will win more than they will lose. All the technology, diets and statistics and number crunching won't change that.
I remember Lol running on the pitch with an old bladder filled with water and a sponge. When he got to the player it was nearly empty

Just now, robf said:

@DazFred

1. Wrong thread. Try this one for the fans forum

2. Please note any questions need to be submitted to the club via email 

TBH Rob,I was being sarky.

There's been so many people posting with comments full of dread....

Que sera sera. I'm really looking forward to L1 footie

@DazFred Yep, I thought you were but to be serious, people also get annoyed when threads go off topic so I wanted to make it clear to

a) stay on topic

b) post in the right thread

It may seem heavy handed but it only takes another half a dozen posts off-subject and threads can lurch off course which annoys other users and causes work for the admin team having to delete/move irrelevant comments.

That's my twenty years experience of trying, often in vain, to keep this place organised talking! 😉

Just now, robf said:

@DazFred Yep, I thought you were but to be serious, people also get annoyed when threads go off topic so I wanted to make it clear to

a) stay on topic

b) post in the right thread

It may seem heavy handed but it only takes another half a dozen posts off-subject and threads can lurch off course which annoys other users and causes work for the admin team having to delete/move irrelevant comments.

That's my twenty years experience of trying, often in vain, to keep this place organised talking! 😉

You do a great job. Apologies for being silly 

This sums up my view on taking our time with signings.

Football is cursed by short termism… bringing in the wrong person just so we have someone for the Fleetwood game wouldn’t be the right approach… they are thinking long term, sustainable success.

KTF

UTV

4110B367-07AA-49E1-8873-E7FE605AD36F.jpeg

Archived