onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Summer transfer targets/rumours, retained list etc

werstayinup

3 hours ago, Ben Stevens said:

We playing in a better division with less of a squad than last season so far. Time to actually take note we won’t be a top end of the table side this season so taking points off Fleetwood at home is crucial. 

Get a grip.... that is all

Advert

2 hours ago, tisdeano said:

Hopefully some positive news today , every fan is fully aware we need players, the staff definitely are

Of all those rumoured ( if any are even true ) they will improve on what we had last season

Totally agree with this,if we sign any of the rumoured players each one would be an improvement,so that means it will be none of them then 🙂

Times change. Shall we go back to Lol Hamlett with a bucket and magic sponge as well?  
To be fair Lol Hamlett did a bloody good job with that bucket and magic sponge. The injuries today won't be any different, sadly Lol's no longer around to do his magic. I think sometimes we forget that no matter what changes in the game take place, it is still all down to sending eleven guys out to kick a ball around a patch of grass. As long as your guys are more skillful, fitter and try harder, they will win more than they will lose. All the technology, diets and statistics and number crunching won't change that.

34 minutes ago, Rocky said:

Technically it's true, sounds longer than saying 37 years so that's why he's gone for it.

1980's, 1990's, 2000's, 2010', and 2020's

If I had the time I'd go back and see what posts these people questioning the lack of signing were making last summer when we offloaded 15 players and rebuilt. We all know that RZ got it wrong and there will be more. Possibly learning nothing from what has happened in the last 12 months.

People don't learn, they prefer to forget they were wrong in the first place and are destined to repeat the same behaviour every year for life and we just have to live with that 

As somebody mentioned yesterday,it would make sense to announce a signing with the fans forum being tonight they wouldn't want a confrontation from the more restless amongst us,so i will wait and eagerly hope something happens today to put a smile on our faces

2 minutes ago, werstayinup said:

We could need as many as 4 strikers in at this rate

Well I have my shirt and a number on the back, just need my name on and I will be fine. 

My pre season has been spent gardening, lying down and avoiding the heat.

I do not know if I will fit into the clubs plan.

Can DC play upfront. Sir JR was a good striker. Perhaps RW could play. 

All this panic, is not needed, so agree 

6 minutes ago, werstayinup said:

As somebody mentioned yesterday,it would make sense to announce a signing with the fans forum being tonight they wouldn't want a confrontation from the more restless amongst us,so i will wait and eagerly hope something happens today to put a smile on our faces

I know people don't like the rumour stuff but as far as I was away the club expected Blackman to be signed before the forum tonight. Fingers crossed that's the case.

20 minutes ago, werstayinup said:

We could need as many as 4 strikers in at this rate

Get a grip ! It’s fine we can play Proctor on his own what’s to worry about 🤣

I’m frustrated with only two signings at this point but then I think to mysef “ have the Current owners done a good job so far”, absolutely yes, far better than we could have expected, the club has been transformed.

“Has the management team done a good job so far”, well they saved us from relegation when we were favourites for it, gave us a record breaking winning run, signed some fantastic players far better than we have signed in years building a team from scratch, took us to Wembley for the first time in eons and then to top it all got us promoted.

now on the minus side, struggling a bit there myself, can’t really think of a minus side if I’m being honest.

I have read posts criticising various persons for going to Spain, why ?, I can’t get my head around it, has it not occurred to folk that maybe meetings with players had been done before Spain and in any case who am I to criticise the way the club is being run, the owners are very wealthy and have been running a football club for 3 years now, they have more idea about doing buisness and running businesses than I or 99.9% of posters on here have. The management team have been in football and know far more about than any of us ever will.

Maybe it hasn’t gone to plan, but then “no plan survives the first contact with the enemy” and there’s nothing wrong with having an opinion but all of making merde up is helping no one.

Hows about we get back to discussing players who may or may not be coming and leave this frankly embarrassing drivel and bickering alone.

Archived