onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Summer transfer targets/rumours, retained list etc

werstayinup

3 minutes ago, mvb said:

well said

Oh behave! 

The club are working hard on this.  Give them a break!

Just calm down - it will come good.  As for Carol and Colin going on the team trip to Spain, can you not see the good that its done...??  Thats comes from the very top with Carol, DC and Flitters discussing it openly, and all the players confirming that the place is utterly solid right now.

We'll get another keeper. We'll get a couple of more strikers and midfielders.  Just chill out for gods sake.

Advert

I question a recruitment policy which leaves us with 2 empty seats on the bench, just over a week before the start of the season.
I also question the need for the owner and Director of Football to go on a training expedition to Spain when it could be easier to recruit players by staying in the UK. 
Asking questions and scrutinising processes is what I'll do as a supporter covering 5 decades. 
You can't be blinded by the positives (like the new membership scheme) in recognising concerns. My concern is that we're underrepresented on the playing side for a tough campaign, where EVERY GAME MATTERS
We are not the only club having training sessions in foreign lands, as an owner I would like to see how my money was being spent and be part of the running of my club. Recruitment is a continuous process, the technology exists for it to be carried out in a foreign land too. Recruitment in L1 is relatively simple, wait until we make the leap into the Championship.

Sent from my SM-A715F using onevalefan mobile app

If we have signed 4 quality players by next Wednesday are we all still going to be as negative and downbeat? It’s like we’re moaning at a long distance runner for spending most of the race at the back of the field. Let’s have some perspective and some acknowledgment that we really aren’t sure what’s going on behind the scenes. We don’t know if the next Robbie Earle or Marc Richards has the pen in his hands as I type this. The right somebody is surely better than just anybody. The excitement of multiple preseason signings is quickly quelled by watching 4 or 5 Carlos Kickaballs at Accrington away as we lose 4 or 5 nil. Our management team haven’t suddenly all become numpties, they’ve all had several preseasons behind them, they know what goes on and I’m sure they know what they want to a achieve. The least we can do as fans and in view of what success they have already brought to the dying club that we were, is show some faith and respect.

1 minute ago, Fosse69 said:

We are not the only club having training sessions in foreign lands, as an owner I would like to see how my money was being spent and be part of the running of my club. Recruitment is a continuous process, the technology exists for it to be carried out in a foreign land too. Recruitment in L1 is relatively simple, wait until we make the leap into the Championship.

Rudgie managed it OK and without the Backroom Staff they have got today.

21 minutes ago, bobbymanc said:

I question a recruitment policy which leaves us with 2 empty seats on the bench, just over a week before the start of the season.

I also question the need for the owner and Director of Football to go on a training expedition to Spain when it could be easier to recruit players by staying in the UK. 

Asking questions and scrutinising processes is what I'll do as a supporter covering 5 decades. 

You can't be blinded by the positives (like the new membership scheme) in recognising concerns. My concern is that we're underrepresented on the playing side for a tough campaign, where EVERY GAME MATTERS

As a supporter covering 5 decades , born in 85 ?

2 minutes ago, JSValiant said:

m8 - that was 25 years ago; the entirety of our lives have changed since then.

I was there when Rudgie did what he did.  The man is a god.  BUT today the whole business is totally different.

22 minutes ago, bobbymanc said:

My worry is that we'll get relegated to league 2 again, which is a concern because it's a terrible division to be in. Whether you can "do anything about it" isn't the point. That's like someone saying that a mother of a boxer is an idiot to worry about the welfare of their son in the ring "because she can't do anything about it"

But the mother of a boxer can do something by trying to persuade him and hiding his gloves!

And I didn’t at any point say that people who worry about signings are idiots. They are perfectly entitled to if they want. I was simply saying I won’t. 

I can understand some negativity because for the 3 decades we have been run like a Joke and it’s deep rooted in us vale fans to expect constant failure

But things are changing on and off the field , I’ve seen enough last season to tell me these guys know what they are doing . Over 20 players signed and we get promoted first attempt , quite outstanding when you actually sit and think about it

There are plans A, B and C in place we aren’t hand to mouth any more

So Please please please buy into the new club ethic and remain patient

I can’t wait for next Saturday

13 minutes ago, Fosse69 said:

I can understand Carol and DC being out there , but for the life of me can not understand why DF and Garlic were there , and you answer most peoples concerns with your statement "recruitment is a continuous process "  , ours seems to have hit a wall , surely they would have had recruits lined up before the end of last season (depending on which League we were going to be in ) we have been told that they are continually looking at targets

9 minutes ago, JSValiant said:

Football has moved on, it’s not really comparable. It’s more common than not for clubs to do these training camps abroad for the benefit of warm weather training. Bristol Rovers did it in Portugal the week before we went.

As for Willo being allegedly injured it’s a tough one to take that if it’s true, no two ways about that. Not least as when he is back he seems more a slow burner type so will take some time to get back up to speed afterwards. 

Archived