onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Summer transfer targets/rumours, retained list etc

werstayinup

10 minutes ago, tisdeano said:

No it’s a master plan to, he actually wants to make the squad less fit , not have success , it’s all a cover and we are all falling for it

why the sarcasm its a genuine post , DC did say it when he came into the club , but injuries if anything have got worse , as I said it cant all be just bad luck

Advert

why the sarcasm its a genuine post , DC did say it when he came into the club , but injuries if anything have got worse , as I said it cant all be just bad luck

Excellent , so tell us what you think it is if not bad luck , you are clearly implying something ?

3 minutes ago, tisdeano said:

Excellent , so tell us what you think it is if not bad luck , you are clearly implying something ?

I am not implying anything , merely stating two  facts 1) DC did say he needs to address the continual injuries when he came to the club , 2) think you would agree that the injuries to players have got worse not less ..... so is there an underlying issue , is it the training pitches ? , I dont know and am not implying anything just stating facts

1 minute ago, mvb said:

I agree the injury situation at the club is not good.

They talk about improved medical staff etc, but it seems to me certain players are always going to be more susceptible than others. 
We need more athletes like Smith, Hall and Garrity.

If the rumour about Wilson is correct and Proctor’s problems, that leaves us with ? Zero Strikers / Forwards 

We got away with it last season,  I doubt we will  this one !

I am not implying anything , merely stating two  facts 1) DC did say he needs to address the continual injuries when he came to the club , 2) think you would agree that the injuries to players have got worse not less ..... so is there an underlying issue , is it the training pitches ? , I dont know and am not implying anything just stating facts

You were implying something and trying to dress it up

Here are the facts , the club has never invested so heavily on back room staff to look after players , we have exactly the same training pitch and playing surface we have had for years , these are the actual facts

I can't wait for the season to start so I can start reading other posters opinions on the actual footie.

Some of the absolute tripe people post either to get attention,wind people up or make something up...is embarrassing.

Here's one for you...Wilson may be injured. There is a 100% possibility that he is or isn't and a 100% chance that he is fit or isn't. Definitely. Might. Might not. Could be.

It may rain tomorrow. Or it may be dry. Or not etc etc or not etc etc

16 minutes ago, Rocky said:

We haven't kicked a ball yet and these sorts of views are absolutely outrageous. "Very poor". Got promoted less than 8 weeks ago and managed it with an injury crisis. Genuinely baffles me that people can talk themselves into thinking like this. 

I think fans get way too frustrated by Clarke and co not wanting to comment on every rumour and very much keeps that at arm's length but Clarke has actually said on record that he isn't looking to settle for average and will hold out for the right player. 

Maybe it's the age of the internet, but why can't people just be patient anymore and just wait?

Maybe get down to the forum tonight and stand up and air your views to them face to face Ben? 

I’m not frustrated with not being told everything at the club at all fella ?

When you find out Wilson is now injured for 8 weeks and we only have Proctor fit up top who couldn’t complete 60/70 mins two months ago makes me worried because we need to take points off the likes of Fleetwood at home ?

I can’t see how outrageous this view is because some people are basically saying it’s ok to throw away the first 8 games of the season just to be patient and,’ HOPE, we end up with some quality to add to what I think has the nucleus to be a very good squad in league one ?

Ive tired to obtain a ticket for tonight’s forum but the website is telling me I’ve somehow got multiple accounts to my email address and then doesn’t let me reset my password to sort it out ? Or else I would be asking questions tonight as everyone knows I don’t shy away from debate from how I present myself on the radio at times.

The problem with asking the questions is we will get the same answers as far as, we are working hard to recruit, and we ain’t telling anyone about potential players we want as that’s how the club now operates. I’ve heard nothing while I’ve been doing volunteer work on Sundays at the club for the last two months while painting the stands getting it ready for the fans to have some nice to walk into next week.

Like I’ve stated I love the club, owners and management team but I don’t love only 16 fit players 9 days before we start our campaign which I feel is a crucial fixture at home against Fleetwood. 

3 minutes ago, DazFred said:

I can't wait for the season to start so I can start reading other posters opinions on the actual footie.

Some of the absolute tripe people post either to get attention,wind people up or make something up...is embarrassing.

Here's one for you...Wilson may be injured. There is a 100% possibility that he is or isn't and a 100% chance that he is fit or isn't. Definitely. Might. Might not. Could be.

It may rain tomorrow. Or it may be dry. Or not etc etc or not etc etc

Completely agree.

This forum spirals out of control very easily.

Yet, compared to Facebook and doubtless others that I don't waste any time on, it's relatively sane and balanced🤯

I’m not frustrated with not being told everything at the club at all fella ?
When you find out Wilson is now injured for 8 weeks and we only have Proctor fit up top who couldn’t complete 60/70 mins two months ago makes me worried because we need to take points off the likes of Fleetwood at home ?
I can’t see how outrageous this view is because some people are basically saying it’s ok to throw away the first 8 games of the season just to be patient and,’ HOPE, we end up with some quality to add to what I think has the nucleus to be a very good squad in league one ?
Ive tired to obtain a ticket for tonight’s forum but the website is telling me I’ve somehow got multiple accounts to my email address and then doesn’t let me reset my password to sort it out ? Or else I would be asking questions tonight as everyone knows I don’t shy away from debate from how I present myself on the radio at times.
The problem with asking the questions is we will get the same answers as far as, we are working hard to recruit, and we ain’t telling anyone about potential players we want as that’s how the club now operates. I’ve heard nothing while I’ve been doing volunteer work on Sundays at the club for the last two months while painting the stands getting it ready for the fans to have some nice to walk into next week.
Like I’ve stated I love the club, owners and management team but I don’t love only 16 fit players 9 days before we start our campaign which I feel is a crucial fixture at home against Fleetwood. 

Crucial fixture ! It’s one game in ! Ben get a grip ( I often shout that when you are on the radio to )

16 hours ago, Rampant Zebra said:

We have 8 games before the 1st September. It looks like we are hanging on for desperate players, is that really the best way to strengthen the squad?

Or could we be in conversations with Premiere League clubs about getting some very talented players on loan...??

What if you are wrong...??

We will need strikers that are good enough to play in L1 no question, because Willo and Proc cannot be relied upon game in game out for a whole season, that’s a fact of life. With all due respect Edmondson and Harratt up front against some of these teams would be terrifying, and you’ve gotta expect that DC is looking at better than them 2. He wouldn’t have let them both go elsewhere if he thought they’d be the 3 and 4 playing regular minutes. If he wanted them, that’s be here now, I’m sure it’s more a fact of what we were prepared to offer rather than what we could offer. We need 4 strikers as good as the 2 we have.

Archived