onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Summer transfer targets/rumours, retained list etc

werstayinup

Advert

8 minutes ago, DazFred said:

If Holden is fit enough then he may be offered a contract.

McDermott and Plant may feature in the squad. I think a lot of people are panicking and I'm glad they aren't the ones picking the team.

And neither count due to age.

Assuming there's still a limit?

10 minutes ago, Rampant Zebra said:

I'm really confused by this!

This is what he got sent off for:

He doesn't seem to do anything, just get pushed by a fan then walk back towards him!

He's alleged to have punched someone several times and knocked their glasses off. The video clearly shows it didn't happen when he got sent off.

The only thing I can think of is the article says it happened 'following a Scottish Premiership match'. Did the unpleasantness continue after the game and this is what he's on trial for? Also says he 'had just played for Aberdeen against Dundee Utd', so would fit with the view that something happened after the game?

6 minutes ago, Alsager Whites said:

I'm really confused by this!

This is what he got sent off for:

He doesn't seem to do anything, just get pushed by a fan then walk back towards him!

He's alleged to have punched someone several times and knocked their glasses off. The video clearly shows it didn't happen when he got sent off.

The only thing I can think of is the article says it happened 'following a Scottish Premiership match'. Did the unpleasantness continue after the game and this is what he's on trial for? Also says he 'had just played for Aberdeen against Dundee Utd', so would fit with the view that something happened after the game?

I didn't know that he had been sent off, just saw the article and thought it was relevant to us

This was a separate incident after the game in hospitality.  He also didn't turn up at court in June to plead.

1 minute ago, Rampant Zebra said:

I didn't know that he had been sent off, just saw the article and thought it was relevant to us

Interesting comments from Aberdeen about the incident:

“The club is aware of the latest developments regarding an incident involving our player, Funso Ojo, and a corporate hospitality guest who gained unauthorised access to what is designated as a secure and restricted area of Tannadice Park after our match against Dundee United on Saturday November 20.

“Frustratingly, we are not able to provide any further detail on the incident as this is now a matter for the Procurator Fiscal.

“The club is, however, offering its full support to Funso, who has fallen victim to circumstances not of his making.”

16 hours ago, WilliamBriscoe said:

Problem is highlighted clips from what appears to be a large number of youth games is not ideal. Probably shows him up to look better than he is, however he looks to have potential and will give Aiden some real competition.

These are always highlighted to make the player look good. But, on the penalty saving - if you save penalties against your peers, it doesn't matter what age they are!

15 hours ago, Alsager Whites said:

...We can talk about patience all we want but signings need to happen ASAP. If they're out of contract players they won't be fit. 9 days training before the opening game.,,

Any out-of-contract player wanting to find a new club should at least be maintaining fitness levels and, possibly, training with another club?

8 minutes ago, LancyTony said:

These are always highlighted to make the player look good. But, on the penalty saving - if you save penalties against your peers, it doesn't matter what age they are!

I suppose his penalty highlight was against  Liverpool,  saving a Sterling penalty and scoring one himself in a League Cup 14-13 shoot-out loss.  Our Stone has his penalty moments too.

12 minutes ago, LancyTony said:

Any out-of-contract player wanting to find a new club should at least be maintaining fitness levels and, possibly, training with another club?

A fitness test could easily block a transfer.

Archived