onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Summer transfer targets/rumours, retained list etc

werstayinup

I think Davisons record was decent tbf,he was just poor when we played them i thought but i aren't worried by him going elsewhere as there are many more loan strikers out there(our last two weren't to shabby) and also ones tied up to other clubs if we are looking at permanent deals

Advert

23 minutes ago, Guppys left peg said:

Not a bad scoring record at all. He got completely owned by Smudge in the game at VP. Putting aside the shootout miss he could have put the tie to bed in the first leg as well and fluffed it thankfully. Clearly only young though so no doubt with good coaching he could prove to be a decent investment down the line.

I thought he was a bit of a scapegoat for Swindle. Their fans were saying how brilliant Reed,little diving Jonny,McTurdy and Payne were,yet they resorted to hoofing it up to Davison and playing for penalties.

And then put the on loan forward on penalty number 5! 

Garner will always be lauded by me for the part he played in our victory. Arrogant manager,arrogant players,arrogant fans.

9 minutes ago, werstayinup said:

Like people have said above,you would think that some deals have been sorted or the fans forum could be a tough one with the season only just over a week away when they have it

With selective questioning it's not going to be a problem if we have signings or not.

I expect it will be hosted and very much a stage managed event like you get in a corporate event where the conversation covers the questions.

Having said that I do think we have at least 2 signings ready to go tomorrow and Wednesday.

57 minutes ago, valeparklife said:

Speaking of Swindon, their striker Josh Davison who they had on loan from Charlton last season has just signed for Wimbledon.

He looked a decent centre forward and got 9 in 21 for them last season. Just not great at penalties!

Selling Davison to Wimbledon must be Garner punishing him for missing the key penalty!

20 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

I think we'll have signings in place . Though I noticed that the questions have to be put to them pre event so in effect the replies will be choreographed and rehearsed .

I guess doing it that way stops it being a free for all but a 'live ' questions and answers appeals more .

Im convinced we already have one or two ready to announce

13 hours ago, Bald Eagle said:

As you say time will tell.  Numerous ‘must keeps’ have left to do little elsewhere over the years.  If he does well the sell on clause protects us.  I said rumoured regarding his salary - I was not making out to be ‘in the know’.

I assume Conlon is perhaps closer to a return thank we think, along with Walker who was exceptional in the good run before his injury, ironically also at Hartlepool.  This excludes any other irons we have in the fire, which Taylor’s salary can go towards funding.

I bear no ill will to Jake whatsoever, but am confident we will continue to thrive without him under the current leadership - which is more important than any individual.

I think we're almost on the same page BE and I have to admit I'm a big Jake Taylor fan but PVFC comes first.

I hope Conlon gets back asap but even then we need another creative player as if both are out we will struggle as we did against Walsall away and Newport home etc when there was no creativity in midfield. 

Since Rob has fed us with all the other Lge 1 teams fans forums for the very first time I popped onto another club's forum, on the Shrimps fans forum there are just 7 posts to Taylor signing. If that was reversed and we'd signed him and Vale fans had seen the highlights of the the play-off final there would likely have been 10x the posts on OVF. just shows what a "Backwater of football" he's gone to. Hope it goes well for him and doesn't turn into a "Prawn" of a move.

2 hours ago, Osh said:

Yep. Doesn't show how he commands his box and or organises his defence. 

He does look good though 

Problem is highlighted clips from what appears to be a large number of youth games is not ideal. Probably shows him up to look better than he is, however he looks to have potential and will give Aiden some real competition.

9 minutes ago, WilliamBriscoe said:

Problem is highlighted clips from what appears to be a large number of youth games is not ideal. Probably shows him up to look better than he is, however he looks to have potential and will give Aiden some real competition.

Yeah it’s always a dangerous game just looking at clips like those.

For what it’s worth I’m going to be interested in how Aidan looks this year. From an interview he did during last week sounds like Carlo Nash has brought in a lot of different coaching methods to what he was doing before so I’ve got a sneaky feeling we are going to see a decent second year leap from him. Not ready to crown him the next Mark Goodlad or owt like that but whoever else does join may find it a tough battle to get a spot in the team.

18 minutes ago, WilliamBriscoe said:

I think if Blackman signs he will without doubt be the number 1 - be nice to have two very good keepers at the club again 

2 hours ago, Jacko51 said:

I see there is a Fans' Forum this Thursday.  Does anyone else think that they would not have risked this without a couple of signings being in the bag??

Me, I can see plenty of good stuff going on at the club to talk about for a few hours without any new signings.  You’ll be pleased to know that I’m usually wrong. 😬

2 hours ago, Wrex said:

It's too hot to announce new signings today or tomorrow. Everyone take a couple days off and we'll see who arrives on Wednesday 

Disagree strongly with this.  Signing a form is about the only thing it’s not too hot to do.  Off the top of my head, the only other thing would be seeing how fast your 99 will melt whilst sat indoors. Don’t bother with that last one by the way, not only is it very messy but the entertainment is so fleeting it’s very poor value for money at todays prices. ☀️🔥

16 minutes ago, Guitar Ray said:

Disagree strongly with this.  Signing a form is about the only thing it’s not too hot to do.  Off the top of my head, the only other thing would be seeing how fast your 99 will melt whilst sat indoors. Don’t bother with that last one by the way, not only is it very messy but the entertainment is so fleeting it’s very poor value for money at todays prices. ☀️🔥

lot of delusional people on here who think  that our management team have greater experience and more knowledge than there counterparts in league one !!!  trust the process is all we keep hearing , wait until this time , wait until they are back from Spain , they are willing to wait for the better players ! who are they kidding ? do people really think that we can sign better players than what are being snapped up sooner than later ? they talk the talk but will they walk the walk , I for one am not convinced

Archived