onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Summer transfer targets/rumours, retained list etc

werstayinup

31 minutes ago, JSValiant said:

I seem to have rattled a few feathers unintentionally.

A lot of fans are concerned about the lack of signings and are saying it’s been a boring pre-season with no friendlies etc.

So perhaps the enthusiasm has    been quelled a little and replaced with a little concern regarding the coming season.

If people don’t understand that, then fair enough.

Perhaps after the video tonight fans will feel a little more relaxed and confident.

A handful of people on a fans' forum doesn't equal "a lot of fans". How did those people manage pre-internet? I can tell you - fans just read The Sentinel and listened to the radio for news, there was no expectation to be kept informed of all developments all summer. 

Advert

1 minute ago, smithie said:

A handful of people on a fans' forum doesn't equal "a lot of fans". How did those people manage pre-internet? I can tell you - fans just read The Sentinel and listened to the radio for news, there was no expectation to be kept informed of all developments all summer. 

Yeh that is very true, in the good old days we didn’t seem to bother about rumours etc, we didn’t know anything until the Sentinel printed it.

I can remember there being no Radio Stoke, however some people might think that was a good thing, I don’t incidentally.

Good video reinforcing messages.

Key message on recruitment: Don’t panic we know what we are doing!

Reading between the lines it sounded like we have been on the verge of signing a player until he failed DC’s interview.

What a really strong management team we have.Brilliant.

1 minute ago, MBE said:

Good video reinforcing messages.

Key message on recruitment: Don’t panic we know what we are doing!

Reading between the lines it sounded like we have been on the verge of signing a player until he failed DC’s interview.

What a really strong management team we have.Brilliant.

I liked when they were talking about how before the interview, they already know the player has ability (from the analysis and scouting), and the interview is more to determine whether they fit into the group and culture.

Nice to see we're in a position where we can turn down talented players, and not just take them for the sake of it.

They certainly aren't panicking.

I thought it was a good discussion. Liked how DF had spoken of how he had panicked on recruitment in the past when he was a manager and got his players in too early than waiting for the right one. I like when someone has that honesty and is prepared to learn from it. 

DC always comes across well on these things, good humoured but you know he’s all business as well (love the fact he’s fining anyone who mentions last season). Seems to me they are comfortable with where they are at.

48 minutes ago, Guppys left peg said:

I thought it was a good discussion. Liked how DF had spoken of how he had panicked on recruitment in the past when he was a manager and got his players in too early than waiting for the right one. I like when someone has that honesty and is prepared to learn from it. 

DC always comes across well on these things, good humoured but you know he’s all business as well (love the fact he’s fining anyone who mentions last season). Seems to me they are comfortable with where they are at.

Do you reckon that was when he signed Pope at Bury? 😂

38 minutes ago, Emile said:

Video is great. You really can't argue with how the club are trying to keep us in the loop with this preseason. 

Completely agree. The three of them are the best signings we have had in years. They all want the same thing and are all prepared to invest in the aim of just improving the club every minute of every day. 
They make the point about just having a good team but not building the football club. If it’s just a good team that could be for him one season or half a season, if they sell someone, but you get the impression that they have a plan for every eventuality.

2 hours ago, JSValiant said:

Yeh that is very true, in the good old days we didn’t seem to bother about rumours etc, we didn’t know anything until the Sentinel printed it.

I can remember there being no Radio Stoke, however some people might think that was a good thing, I don’t incidentally.

Absolutely.

I used to turn up and ask who the new players were 😁

Absolutely love this video. So good to see. more than anything, how relaxed DC is but also the humility from DF re: making mistakes from the past. I have waivered and wobbled in the past but right now I am so behind the club and everything that we are doing, DC - best manager since JR!

1 minute ago, Phantom Lord said:

Absolutely love this video. So good to see. more than anything, how relaxed DC is but also the humility from DF re: making mistakes from the past. I have waivered and wobbled in the past but right now I am so behind the club and everything that we are doing, DC - best manager since JR!

Better than Jim Gannon🤔👍😌

4 hours ago, DazFred said:

I absolutely cannot wait for the season to start. I've bought 2 season tickets for the first time in 5 seasons and the lack of signings/Hamil End debate/lack of friendlies,do not affect the way I feel one little bit.

I'm still watching videos from the final at Wembley and when I look at the fixture list,it is so exciting. 

I know the club will think differently but as long as we are still in League 1 the following season then we can build upon it.

And I am probably the most pessimistic person you can meet who can moan about anything and everything!

So right it's consolidation first and foremost this season anything above is a bounce.

Archived