onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Summer transfer targets/rumours, retained list etc

werstayinup

On 15/07/2022 at 10:25, valiant_593 said:

I’m sure it was wait for the 1st July and you’ll see an influx of signings….. 

I believe it was 'wait till their back from holiday'.

Then '1st July'

Then 'Kidsgrove'

Then 'Spain'

Now 'Fleetwood'

As I've just posted, a more honest and realistic view that we were going to struggle to get good players in the door would have been more useful. There isn't a process at this club more than there is at any club. We find players using data, scout them, and sign them within our budget, the same as every professional club.

Advert

20 minutes ago, Alsager Whites said:

There was a trend on here that those who were a bit nervy were told to 'wait for X date', which has been continually pushed back.

The trend on here is more like this:

😎"We havent signed anyone yet - I'm bored"

😁"Trust the process"

😎"I can believe we haven't signed anyone yet"

😁"I love Flitters"

😎"There are too many happy clappers on here"

😁"Just have a bit of patience"

😎"Whats the point in a forum if I cant have an opinion"

😁"I love Flitters"

😎"We havent signed anyone yet - I'm bored"

Repeat ad nauseum.....

I cannot wait for the Fleetwood game, it cant come soon enough. I liked the video with Willo and Procs on Youtube - nice to see them a bit more informal and not being asked why its so great to be doing shuttle runs.

4 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:

I’m sure it was wait for the 1st July and you’ll see an influx of signings….. 

The shop closes at the end of August I believe, before then we maybe on short rations, after that it will be waiting for Xmas.

I’m not sure the majority of fans ever thought it was going to be easy, most recognise it’s a big step up with some big hitters financially

The management team has proven with the capture of the likes of Garrity and Hall that they can find quality for the right money

I know they are fully aware of the need to add more and are working hard, of course we can keep reminding them on here just in case they forget

1 minute ago, Fosse69 said:

The shop closes at the end of August I believe, before then we maybe on short rations, after that it will be waiting for Xmas.

Not looking good is it , As some have posted on here , think we have lost out on players because of our wage structure , DF and Garlic on a jolly when they should be at the fort 

59 minutes ago, BossThatGarrityLaaa said:

Correct - and flip it to a glass half full kind of perspective;

- It seems like we gave a good account of ourselves against decent opposition - they had some quality names playing such as Fletcher and Levitt.

- A youngster scored the goal and has impressed in both friendlies so far. 

- Robinson is gaining match experience of our system, so that if he is required to step in during the season he is hands on familiar with our style.

- Holden is practically risk free - prove his fitness and he may well get a contract, if he doesn’t, we move on without it costing us a contact/place in the squad. 

Totally agree that we are looking light for the start of the season, and the lack of activity is frustrating. However I think a bit of perspective is needed.

Last time we were in league one, Sexman and his sweetie jar were publicly tweeting ex Liverpool winger Ryan Babel asking if he fancied a game for us. 

What happened last time we were in League One is irrelevant. 

Not looking good is it , As some have posted on here , think we have lost out on players because of our wage structure , DF and Garlic on a jolly when they should be at the fort 

The jolly where they are together 24/7 working on recruitment?

4 minutes ago, Alsager Whites said:

Then '1st July'

Then 'Kidsgrove'

Then 'Spain'

Now 'Fleetwood'

As I've just posted, a more honest and realistic view that we were going to struggle to get good players in the door would have been more useful. There isn't a process at this club more than there is at any club. We find players using data, scout them, and sign them within our budget, the same as every professional club. I just wish we'd end this process exceptionalism! 

I totally agree with your view.

I feel exactly the same, this magical cannot fail process does not exist.

Get real Vale Fans, Carol is doing a Magnificent Job turning the club around and we have a Good Management Team who produced the goods last season.

We are now a smaller fish in a bigger pool and are finding it a lot harder to get the players we want.

I just hope we bring in a few more additions and that we can consolidate this season and go from there.

UTV

6 minutes ago, Alsager Whites said:

Then '1st July'

Then 'Kidsgrove'

Then 'Spain'

Now 'Fleetwood'

As I've just posted, a more honest and realistic view that we were going to struggle to get good players in the door would have been more useful. There isn't a process at this club more than there is at any club. We find players using data, scout them, and sign them within our budget, the same as every professional club. I just wish we'd end this process exceptionalism! 

The point is there was not a modern process at the club, what has been done is to increase the recruitment staff and the use of available and scope of data. Trust the new management is the real message.

8 minutes ago, tisdeano said:

The jolly where they are together 24/7 working on recruitment?

It's a fair question tisdeano - if they were working hard on signings (which I don't doubt they were), why were they in Spain for a player's pre-season camp? All of the players except Ojo know them.

I just don't understand why with so much work to do that the men in charge of signings would be in a different country to the players and agents they need to be meeting with and selling the club to. I understand video calls is the new en vogue but I still think player's want to see commitment from the club.

I watched Ben Garrity on that fighter's podcast and he was sold towards Vale as we showed how much they wanted him. Does a zoom call from Spain and no face to face meeting really show that?

3 minutes ago, tisdeano said:

I’m not sure the majority of fans ever thought it was going to be easy, most recognise it’s a big step up with some big hitters financially

The management team has proven with the capture of the likes of Garrity and Hall that they can find quality for the right money

I know they are fully aware of the need to add more and are working hard, of course we can keep reminding them on here just in case they forget

Well it’s a forum about transfers, be even more boring if nobody bothered posting at all…..

I don’t think anybody is saying the management team haven’t proven themselves - Garrity and Hall are certainly the two stand out signings, but surely it’s understandable that we are looking a bit thin on the ground at the moment?

Devlis advocate. They’ve also signed players like Holy and Cooper. 

1 minute ago, Alsager Whites said:

It's a fair question tisdeano - if they were working hard on signings (which I don't doubt they were), why were they in Spain for a player's pre-season camp?

All of the players bar Ojo know them. I just don't understand why with so much work to do that the men in charge of signings would be in a different country to the players and agents they need to be meeting with.

What difference does it make where they are? They know the players they want, agents have their phone numbers.

It's a fair question tisdeano - if they were working hard on signings (which I don't doubt they were), why were they in Spain for a player's pre-season camp? All of the players except Ojo know them.
I just don't understand why with so much work to do that the men in charge of signings would be in a different country to the players and agents they need to be meeting with and selling the club to. I understand video calls is the new en vogue but I still think player's want to see commitment from the club.
I watched Ben Garrity on that fighter's podcast and he was sold towards Vale as they showed how much they wanted him. Does a zoom call from Spain and no face to face meeting really show that?

And my response was fair

We signed great players in the past just on phone calls

Our recruitment process is way ahead than anything we have ever had, that’s a fact

2 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:

Well it’s a forum about transfers, be even more boring if nobody bothered posting at all…..

I don’t think anybody is saying the management team haven’t proven themselves - Garrity and Hall are certainly the two stand out signings, but surely it’s understandable that we are looking a bit thin on the ground at the moment?

Devlis advocate. They’ve also signed players like Holy and Cooper. 

If .every player they signed was a success they would be managing in the Prem

Just now, tisdeano said:

And my response was fair

We signed great players in the past just on phone calls

Our recruitment process is way ahead than anything we have ever had, that’s a fact

100% agree. We're miles ahead than the Smurfy days! 

We're no longer comparing ourself to Smurfy's vale though. We're up against the big boys and that's the comparison.

Either way, the season will be around in a fortnight and we'll have a squad ready by then. I'm hoping for a Friday signing to lift the fanbase ahead of the away kit launch.

Archived