onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Summer transfer targets/rumours, retained list etc

werstayinup

This is the strangest of close seasons!
Only one player released.
A steady outward stream of contracted players where there was some level of doubt, including Gibbo imo, because a player of such influence would surely have been retained otherwise.
Very few friendlies.
A training camp abroad.
Only two signings, with less than 3 weeks to kick off.
Clearly, the job isn't completed yet.
However, it all seems very steady, methodical and planned.
Perhaps this is evolution writ large, and yet another sign of the new professional approach of the club.

Advert

Do we know when everyone is due to get back to Bolsem? I’m thinking that because the media team are in Spain with everyone else that if any signings have been made in recent days then perhaps they’re holding off announcing until the day/day after everyone is back so the media guys can get interviews, teasers etc sorted. I think I’m right in saying there’s been zero UK based Twitter content since everyone went to Spain, so would suggest no media team currently in stoke. There could already be some done deals to look forward to, we just won’t know until everyone gets back 🙂 (when a flurry of announcements might happen)

29 minutes ago, Super Sagi Burton said:

Do we know when everyone is due to get back to Bolsem? I’m thinking that because the media team are in Spain with everyone else that if any signings have been made in recent days then perhaps they’re holding off announcing until the day/day after everyone is back so the media guys can get interviews, teasers etc sorted. I think I’m right in saying there’s been zero UK based Twitter content since everyone went to Spain, so would suggest no media team currently in stoke. There could already be some done deals to look forward to, we just won’t know until everyone gets back 🙂 (when a flurry of announcements might happen)

All back on Sunday I believe 

6 hours ago, darren1810 said:

Just nearly fell off my chair when i saw Boot mentioned. The guy who killed his own Vale career dead with his fake injury at Crewe when he was subbed through pure embarrassment.

I understand he has done well since, but come on jeez. 

I've seen Hornby, Boot, Brisley mentioned so far on this thread. They are ex-players for a reason. 

You may scoff…… but I heard Boot fancied coming back and there had been contact from his end. I’m not saying he is coming back because I don’t think he is. But have a look at his stats since leaving us, they're unbelievable. He was a young keeper when he left and arguably he can only get better. 

Just now, PV1973 said:

You may scoff…… but I heard Boot fancied coming back and there had been contact from his end. I’m not saying he is coming back because I don’t think he is. But have a look at his stats since leaving us, they're unbelievable. He was a young keeper when he left and arguably he can only get better. 

I'm not scoffing. All entitled to an opinion. He was okay at best, then his abomination at Crewe finished his Vale days there and then. 

I wasn't mocking if it was you who made the original comment. But there is definitely a propensity for us to go back to ex players on the forum. 

Even Mark Marshall got a mention last year. We move on and get better. 

And I'm sure from Boots perspective, Solihull or Vale? He's bound to want to come back. 

14 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

I'm not scoffing. All entitled to an opinion. He was okay at best, then his abomination at Crewe finished his Vale days there and then. 

I wasn't mocking if it was you who made the original comment. But there is definitely a propensity for us to go back to ex players on the forum. 

Even Mark Marshall got a mention last year. We move on and get better. 

And I'm sure from Boots perspective, Solihull or Vale? He's bound to want to come back. 

No I don’t wasn’t having a dig at you mate. I meant you may scoff at what I was about to say.

I know a couple of his mates and they said he’d made contact last season with us trying to get back here if possible. Totally agree about that Crewe game, absolute nightmare, but honestly since then his stats have been unreal for Solihull. 

Agree with Darren above, I think that Crewe game cost Boot a longer career at Vale. I seem to remember Hornby had another year on his deal and we brough Scott Brown in(the season after) which killed his chances really?  Sad as he seemed to be developing into a half decent keeper and has done well for Solihull(Sam Johnson is another that's made a decent amount of appearances at Halifax although I never rated him at much in his time at VP).  Not saying I'd have him back just shows how 1 bad game and then circumstances can go against a player sometimes. That's football I guess.

Wasn't that the Crewe game where Kay hit the stunner then some brown trousers defending cost us at the end(2-2?)? We still could/should have won it even with Boot's mistake(s)

30 minutes ago, Shropshire_Valiant said:

Agree with Darren above, I think that Crewe game cost Boot a longer career at Vale. I seem to remember Hornby had another year on his deal and we brough Scott Brown in(the season after) which killed his chances really?  Sad as he seemed to be developing into a half decent keeper and has done well for Solihull(Sam Johnson is another that's made a decent amount of appearances at Halifax although I never rated him at much in his time at VP).  Not saying I'd have him back just shows how 1 bad game and then circumstances can go against a player sometimes. That's football I guess.

Wasn't that the Crewe game where Kay hit the stunner then some brown trousers defending cost us at the end(2-2?)? We still could/should have won it even with Boot's mistake(s)

It was that game.

Didn't mkirdy score the sodding equaliser as well? 

2 hours ago, Super Sagi Burton said:

1 hour ago, Wise Owl said:

All back on Sunday I believe 

Magic Monday it is then with a raft of signings.

Archived