onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Summer transfer targets/rumours, retained list etc

werstayinup

Advert

3 hours ago, werstayinup said:

Supposed to be on a massive wage so we will have to see

According to a report by a Pompey journalist it was £7,000 a week. 

He'll have to take one heck of a wage drop to come to Vale.

44 minutes ago, robf said:

A season loan to put himself in the shop window could work as he will then be out of contract i think so can demand what someone is willing to pay i guess

2 minutes ago, WilliamBriscoe said:

I got really excited thinking that we were looking to sign Tyler Walker but he is just too far out of reach for us. Scored against Forest at the weekend and will attract interest from higher up if he is even allowed to leave.

Never mind 😞

Just nice to have rumours linking us to that calibre of player

Come this weekend we will be 2 weeks away from the new season,so will free agents be fit enough to kick straight in or will we now be looking at players who are currently having pre seasons at clubs

Reading between the lines, it's looking like the current squad, plus the two trialists (assuming they're up to the mark), will be what we kick off with.

There may be one or two more, but it's looking like we won't have a full complement at the start.

Not necessarily a bad thing, as the current squad is a very coherent group, so should be fine.

A feature of last season, as predicted by DC, is that different combinations of players were performing at different times, individuals came to the fore. 

Just what you want from a squad.

Just now, SFBT said:

Reading between the lines, it's looking like the current squad, plus the two trialists (assuming they're up to the mark), will be what we kick off with.

There may be one or two more, but it's looking like we won't have a full complement at the start.

Not necessarily a bad thing, as the current squad is a very coherent group, so should be fine.

A feature of last season, as predicted by DC, is that different combinations of players were performing at different times, individuals came to the fore. 

Just what you want from a squad.

100% we wont start the season with only 2 strikers and 1 keeper,so thats at least 3 to come in before the season starts

8 minutes ago, werstayinup said:

I know that there are a few on here who keep check on these things but does anyone know of which realistic decent players are still to sign for a club??

If you go transfermarkt.co.uk and use the filters to whittle it down it shows every player that's a free agent. Etc.

Perhaps a few of us have become too accustomed to 4th division football and we base potential good 'signings' on 4th division 'quality'

The only player that we have apparently missed out on who I think fits the 'matrix' of investing into improving the club and then being sold on at a profit, to be invested in someone else who will develop at the Vale and then get sold on etc etc is .... None .... as I have seen.

Now if Tyler Walker was to sign then that would definitely fit the 'matrix'.

What a ridiculous wage for someone who's had 2 good seasons, both in teams in the lowest 2 divisions of English league football. No wonder there tends to be a dearth of 'proven strikers' available at an affordable cost.

28 minutes ago, philmpv said:
1 hour ago, robf said:

What a ridiculous wage for someone who's had 2 good seasons, both in teams in the lowest 2 divisions of English league football. No wonder there tends to be a dearth of 'proven strikers' available at an affordable cost.

Have to agree ! Completely bonkers for a fourth tier footballer to be on that kind of money. Most certainly not worth it. Highly likely ruined him.

8 hours ago, Alsager Whites said:

Two genuine questions:

1. What does the training camp in Spain offer over a training camp in the UK? There are other facilities of similar quality in this country and the lads could still be taken on a 'residential'. They've all just been on holiday.

2. Why are the club secretary and the director of football there? 

I do find it a bit odd we're having to video call potentially vital signings as opposed to having club representatives meet them in person. Call me old-fashioned but if I was making a career move as important as switching company and maybe moving across country, I'd want to meet people in person first!

Maybe all the talking and meeting in person has been done, and players are now considering the contracts offered to them? I'm not sure what the benefits of pre-season training sessions abroad may be - but there are bigger teams than Vale who do it, too? And why wouldn't the Club Secretary and DoF be there? They'd be on hand to answer any legal / professional questions that may be raised by a player or his agent? We are sometimes accused of lagging back in last century...yet, when we do take advantage of modern technology - Zoom, eg - some of our fans seem to think it may be a bit sinister...or extravagant, perhaps?

Archived