onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Summer transfer targets/rumours, retained list etc

werstayinup

2 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:

Good post although I do disagree with a few points, I think it’s harsh to say alls Taylor did was get just an assist and then a solid performance at Wembley. He was outstanding at Wembley and won us the game against Hartlepool where we created nothing until he came on. Mansfield weren’t a poor side, they set up wrong and we were fantastic but they aren’t a poor side. Taylor played excellent as did the other 10 against a strong side. 

RE Gibbons, I don’t think we needed to break our wage structure, from what I’ve heard / read he was on quite a bit less than some of the new arrivals and our offer at the end of the season wasn’t what he was after. I don’t think he wanted to leave. (Our wage offer understandable to some extend given his injuries) 

For me we 100% need another creative CM to replace Taylor, I know DF said they had enough midfielders but with Conlon not being fit, even if he comes back early it will take time to be back to 100% I think we need someone there. 

Fair. Mansfield are a good side but I meant they were poor on the day, even with 11 men on the pitch we would have beaten them comfortably, we seemed to have a lot of time on the ball during the game, something we haven't experienced a lot of last season, we were 2-0 up before the red card. I don't doubt his quality on the ball but again, speculating (we both are) maybe Clarke wants someone more physical in that role, someone that isn't going to potentially be out for a long period because he breaks in a challenge and doesn't bounce. Maybe he has an eye on someone that he thinks he can bring in before the window closes. It's always hard to judge a transfer window when it's halfway run.

It seems we are both as in the dark as each other regarding Gibbo, it's all hearsay and I doubt we will ever find out what the reasons were. It's as likely he knew he could be paid a lot more than Vale ever could. 

Advert

47 minutes ago, robf said:

In addition to team bonding and training, I think it's also perhaps just genuinely to have a nice time as a squad. The club have put an emphasis on looking after players and staff and a trip to Spain may just be seen as one of those things that shows potential recruits that the club is seen as a good place to join to as it looks after you and treats you well. I know they also invite all the players' families into the directors suite, which again the club don't have to do, but they do to show how they value their staff.

In that light, I can see why other staff are going too. 

I do agree with the Zoom call point. 

If you're a player though and you're jumping on a call with the manager and DoF and they're sending their apologies that they can't meet them in person because they're currently in Spain for a Pre-season training camp you'd be impressed, I think that would outweigh anything else.

That Zoom call could be a whole range of reasons not all of them bad. The keeper may have agreed in principle to come but is maybe delayed by something else (they are human beings so it could be a house move, a flat rental, finding a school for the kids... who knows).

If that's the case and they had to pull out of the training camp for domestic/personal reasons, it could just be the Vale hierarchy having a quick catch-up with them to see how things are progressing.  They may already have met in person and had the ground tour on an earlier date.

In short, who knows!

In light of recent events perhaps they’re using zoom / video calls to avoid being spotted by someone who can’t keep their mouth shut and potentially hampering the deal !

Damned if they do damned if they don’t which currently seems to be applying to everything they do !

Its a massive job trying to keep everybody happy ,under scrutiny 24/7 . Why some feel the need to have to know every single thing I don’t know ?  don’t envy them one bit!

UTV

Strong hint in Darrell Clarke's latest comments that more patience may be required...
“But what I will say is I would rather have a good player for 44 or 45 weeks of the year than an average player for 52 weeks of the year. So, we are working hard to make sure we get the right personnel into the club."
What a great comment from DC thats why I love the way he is .
Average players are in many squads but better to hang on and wait for the good players to be on the market as some players wage demands will rule them out for most of the summer then as season comes to a head they will want play and have to take a not so good offer as they believe there worth more personally the way Vale are doing business I'd say the right way that will in the end lead to a glut of excellent signings .
Why look at those who were brought in a year ago .
Some not so good at other clubs but excellent for us so whoever DC and Carol and the gang bring in they are going be better players for it and better people they will be improved some of our average players for years have improved beyond what let's face it most of our support thought they would .
Getting money for players too players who have grown because of what DC and his backroom staff are doing .
I'm as frustrated as everyone else but every time DC says something I know it calms me down as I think YES he is spot on .
The futures as bright as can be .
The rise of the fallen
UTV

3 minutes ago, Guppys left peg said:

UV hinting one rumoured player is Tyler Walker. Would be very on board with this if it were to be right, gives some much needed pace to this team.

Supposed to be on a massive wage so we will have to see,seems to of lost his way a little bit over last couple of years but did well at Mansfield and Lincoln

Anyone got any idea on who the second one is he is hinting at?

1 minute ago, werstayinup said:

Supposed to be on a massive wage so we will have to see,seems to of lost his way a little bit over last couple of years but did well at Mansfield and Lincoln

Can only think of the keeper Blackman? 

1 minute ago, werstayinup said:

Yeah suppose his time at Mansfield could be the link as he would have been there at the time DF was. Not got a clue on the second one but I’m rubbish at these cryptic ones at the best of times.

Archived