onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Summer transfer targets/rumours, retained list etc

werstayinup

Advert

There has to be some players in the pipeline or I’m worried

I’m starting to think we are aiming for players that are in the championship but are waiting for teams to finalise there squads so we can then make our move

Also could we actually pay money for a player ?

10 minutes ago, vale victory said:

I’m starting to think we are aiming for players that are in the championship but are waiting for teams to finalise there squads so we can then make our move

Like we did last summer and January!

27 minutes ago, vale victory said:

Paid for a few recently 

33 minutes ago, vale victory said:

Vale, thank you for the words of confidence. I sincerely hope that you are right 👍

Vale, thank you for the words of confidence. I sincerely hope that you are right

I trust the management team to sort it , they have proved themselves last season 20 odd new players in and we get promoted unbelievable really when you think about it

When I say paying money for a player I’m talking six figures , low end six figures obviously but it could happen

Stay patient it will all come good

49 minutes ago, vale victory said:

I trust the management team to sort it , they have proved themselves last season 20 odd new players in and we get promoted unbelievable really when you think about it

When I say paying money for a player I’m talking six figures , low end six figures obviously but it could happen

Stay patient it will all come good

I suppose it’s the fact that we’ve sold two of my favourite five players. Both who I thought would remain at the club for a few more years yet. I thought Gibbo and Jake would be players that we built a team around.

1 hour ago, Playa Amodores said:

I suppose it’s the fact that we’ve sold two of my favourite five players. Both who I thought would remain at the club for a few more years yet. I thought Gibbo and Jake would be players that we built a team around.

I'm on that page to Playa, two of our most talented players gone to rivals.

The Jake Taylor transfer makes no sense from a Port Vale FC perspective unless it's injury related. A talented player, we've paid him whilst he recovered from injury, he comes back, shows what he's capable of and he leaves on the basis that we cannot guarantee him game time with a cover that PVFC are protected. 

How come managers are not inquiring about and willing to pay money for the likes of Garrity, Pett, Walker and Charsley, players that DF/DC and some fans consider are ahead of Taylor in the midfield pecking order. Info would likely have got out if other managers had inquired.

Having watched every Vale game last season, Garrity had 12 Lge goals but only 1 assist from 43 Lge starts, what happens if his goals dry up as his all round game looked wanting at Lge 2 level.  Pett has limited passing range and hardly has a physical presence, sadly Walker looks like an injury waiting to happen, Charsley appears a solid Lge 2 player to me.

With Vale moving up a Lge I would have thought the management team would have kept an open mind on who starts/game time but I guess Jake Taylor just isn't a DC type player. 

I am not criticizing Garrity, Pett, Walker or Charsley as they all played their part  last season and appear solid guys from their interviews etc.

All the guys did well for Vale 

Maybe it’s just me but we’ve allowed one of our keepers to go and we haven’t got a number one in yet. That bit of promo yesterday about a zoom call in Spain was a strange one, does it mean that one is imminent? Hopefully it’ll be soon, but that position is such an important piece of the jigsaw. 

6 hours ago, Paul6754 said:

I'm on that page to Playa, two of our most talented players gone to rivals.

The Jake Taylor transfer makes no sense from a Port Vale FC perspective unless it's injury related. A talented player, we've paid him whilst he recovered from injury, he comes back, shows what he's capable of and he leaves on the basis that we cannot guarantee him game time with a cover that PVFC are protected. 

How come managers are not inquiring about and willing to pay money for the likes of Garrity, Pett, Walker and Charsley, players that DF/DC and some fans consider are ahead of Taylor in the midfield pecking order. Info would likely have got out if other managers had inquired.

Having watched every Vale game last season, Garrity had 12 Lge goals but only 1 assist from 43 Lge starts, what happens if his goals dry up as his all round game looked wanting at Lge 2 level.  Pett has limited passing range and hardly has a physical presence, sadly Walker looks like an injury waiting to happen, Charsley appears a solid Lge 2 player to me.

With Vale moving up a Lge I would have thought the management team would have kept an open mind on who starts/game time but I guess Jake Taylor just isn't a DC type player. 

I am not criticizing Garrity, Pett, Walker or Charsley as they all played their part  last season and appear solid guys from their interviews etc.

All the guys did well for Vale 

I guess we'll only know where we stand when new players come into the club.

Until then, there's bound to be some concern. 

I'll get accused of being angry or panicking for saying this but I don't think the fact that we're having zoom calls with potential goalkeepers almost a week after allowing the previous one to leave, is something to be proud about.

I think it’s the club showing the fans that negotiations are continuing, even though abroad.

Not necessarily.

On Blackman though, why do people seem to think that this would be an unreal signing? I've never seen him play personally, that I recall, but in 10 seasons in the game he's played about the equivalent of 2 full seasons at league level? Just interested to learn how people seem to think he's so good? His career seems to have fallen off a cliff since his Sheff Utd loan spell.

BTW I'm not saying that he isn't any good, just intrigued

I’d imagine it would be a bit like a James Wilson signing. Lots of ability and talent , represented England at youth level. Just needs some love and confidence.

Clearly a good goalkeeper in there

Archived