onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Summer transfer targets/rumours, retained list etc

werstayinup

Advert

11 hours ago, Sam Kelly's Left Boot said:

Mikael Mandron I'm hearing.

I’d more than happily take him, when he turned the contract down at Crewe he was someone I hoped we would take a look at. 

18 goals in the last two league one seasons, so he’s averaging close to 10 league goals per season in a frankly awful Crewe side.

Seems to know where the goal is and is used to playing at this level. With the right set up and players like JW9 & Garrity around him I think we could get the most out of him. 

14 hours ago, Jacko51 said:

Is it a passenger one - I thought it had closed??

San Javier was a military airport that allowed passenger aircraft to use it at certain times of the day. Once the new airport opened It reverted fully to a military base again.

Of course there has been a process before. Every manager and staff have their way of signing / scouting - Askey did. It wasn’t great but it was still a process 
But we have changed into a bigger thinking club. Lower league clubs every time they change their manager they throw out the recruitment team. Top clubs have a recruitment team and just change the coaching team. Obviously every club can't win, it just improves the chances.

Sent from my SM-A715F using onevalefan mobile app

54 minutes ago, ollyandpatch said:

Chuffed for Alex Hurst who was the clear man of the match v Middlesbrough yesterday. Reports that the boro defence didn't know what day it was. Set up both goals and was the best player they had seen at York for years.

Go get em Alex..

This is one of the reasons we insert sell on clauses with players when they leave for undisclosed fee,you just never know

11 hours ago, Shropshire_Valiant said:

I'm not saying either would be my first choice but perhaps players who can score goals in a poor side might not be that bad? What might they do in a better/more confident team? 

Exactly this. Which is why Keilor-Dunn appealed to me despite being a tool . 

Someone who gets a good return in a poor side lacking confidence must have a bit about them. 

1 hour ago, ollyandpatch said:

Chuffed for Alex Hurst who was the clear man of the match v Middlesbrough yesterday. Reports that the boro defence didn't know what day it was. Set up both goals and was the best player they had seen at York for years.

Go get em Alex..

I was a fan of Alex during his time at the Vale. If I remember correctly, he came into John Askey’s side during of period of uncertainty, and flourished. He didn’t quite get the same look in with DC, which is a shame.

I think he’ll become a real asset to York this season. 

32 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

Exactly this. Which is why Keilor-Dunn appealed to me despite being a tool . 

Someone who gets a good return in a poor side lacking confidence must have a bit about them. 

He was one I really thought we would be in for. I don’t like him but he’s a very good player.

26 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:

He was one I really thought we would be in for. I don’t like him but he’s a very good player.

Ticked a lot of boxes for me. Nippy and small , great foil for Wilson or Proctor. Snarling piece of work.  

Another I really liked was Wildig who went Newport. Always stood out as best player for Morecambe in their midfield. 

Anyway both gone so no use me waffling about them. 

That's the type of striker( Keilor-Dunn ) I'm hoping for , the smaller nippy type rather than a lumbering one like Oliver. We've already got a battering ram in Proc.Hoping for a George Lloyd type but a huge upgrade on him. 

Archived