onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Summer transfer targets/rumours, retained list etc

werstayinup

30 minutes ago, Sandyford_Lion said:

Its fairly safe to say, or assume, that Gibbons, being a home grown player and receiving his last deal a couple of years ago, when still fairly young, was not on a wage anywhere near what Cass would have been offered. Bit unfair but true.

Gibbons pay day was due now but unfortunately for him his last two years has seen him suffer with injuries. Maybe too big a gamble to offer a great wage and a two / three year contract. If Vale only offered a one year say then maybe they were right to do so.

On what basis is it safe to assume or say though?

For all we know he could have been offered less, the same or more than Cass. We also don't know how much and how many years they offered. 

The only thing we do know is he had an offer from us and an offer from Rovers and he decided to pick the latter. 

With respect, I just think sometimes it's OK to not assume something, but to admit to not actually knowing. 

Advert

1 hour ago, The Kalamazoo Kid said:

Fantastic post!

"Trust the Process" is just the new mantra that some people trot out at every opportunity in an effort to preach to other fans, and as though they are following the official club line.

Its the latest in an ever increasing list such as KTF / W.N.E. / In Askey We Trust / In Aspin We Trust /.......there was probably even one during Ribeiro's time?!

The irony, having heard Carol on the latest Ale and the Vale, is that Flitcroft - (or 'Flickers' as some refer to him, as though they think he's their mate.......when isn't his nickname actually 'Flicker'?) - seems to hate the phrase, insisting that he only ever said it once, but it has now been picked up and posted ad nauseam as though it is the official club motto.

Dare I go against the grain and say that I’ve sat through many a work meeting and listened to  upper level management fluff and bluster and flitcroft comes across just like that. Because that’s how it sounds to me. But….. we got promoted so who cares. 

6 hours ago, robf said:

I continue to be amazed at how many fans know the exact figures of the confidential salary package offered to James Gibbons. It's almost like... people will believe any old rumour as gospel truth.

It’s actually not beyond the realms of possibility that stuff that goes on that isn’t as confidential as you may think. People know staff there, some players, their families, players friends, friends of staff and others close to what goes on within the club and stuff gets out. I had it confirmed by more than one source about Gibbos offer and it was a 2 year deal and very low money wise. The same applies to those offers that we gave to players who we’ve had from u23 teams, players like Taylor, Cass and Clark. Big wages at our level then. I heard all of that from not just one person either. Listening to the recent Ale and Vale podcasts, or unofficial vale and they seen to have some good sources too about lots of stuff  that goes on. This information is coming from all areas of the club and it’s associates. It’s never as watertight as people may think it is or should be. Of course why should anyone just listen to a random fan on a forum if I posted stuff like that? Just take it with a pinch of salt then, it’s everyone’s prerogative to do that. I certainly wouldn’t come in here and just make up stuff that’s random rubbish or attention seeking. So I hope it doesn’t come across like that. 

4 hours ago, tisdeano said:

Me too , I got a bit of flak when I posted the Taylor to Morecombe rumour and giving my opinion that in the clubs eyes he was just a squad player

3 hours ago, mvb said:

dont see why DF should be out there or Garlic and Carol , its a training camp , unless they have players jetting out to them to sign, who knows strange things going on in my humble opinion

totally agree, after all, they only run the club dont they?????????????????😁:drink:

7 hours ago, Guitar Ray said:

We’re all students of the game, but a lot, myself included, have risen to become armchair managers.  It’s a bit like being a back seat driver, only it makes you more miserable.

But that's the fun of a message board GR and no one is gonna give a rat's ass what any of us say....and quite right to but sometimes it's taken too seriously and it shouldn't be. We all do it and we're all victims!!!!

Archived