onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Summer transfer targets/rumours, retained list etc

werstayinup

Tbf the point that “ flitcroft knows best “ is because ultimately he does

He has been doing and has done the job for a long time , where us lot are just armchair managers

He got us promoted last season with Darrell and Andy and the work he did was successful so why are people moaning and panicking ????

Advert

2 hours ago, darren1810 said:

How a footballers star can wane.

George Cooper ex Crewe starlet now non league having just joined Chesterfield on a free. 

Yes you can’t blame any lower league player for signing for the highest bidders while they have the opportunity to.. as you say fortunes can change so quickly

52 minutes ago, mvb said:

dont see why DF should be out there or Garlic and Carol , its a training camp , unless they have players jetting out to them to sign, who knows strange things going on in my humble opinion

In the spirit of the last few pages and everyone being allowed to have an opinion… mine is that there is absolutely nothing strange about them being there at all.

I love it in fact… family club, togetherness is key.

Carol has taken everyone to all pre season trips since she took over… and that approach has delivered us the thing we were all craving. Promotion.

Long may it continue.

KTF

UTV

3 minutes ago, Iron Curtain said:

In the spirit of the last few pages and everyone being allowed to have an opinion… mine is that there is absolutely nothing strange about them being there at all.

I love it in fact… family club, togetherness is key.

Carol has taken everyone to all pre season trips since she took over… and that approach has delivered us the thing we were all craving. Promotion.

Long may it continue.

KTF

UTV

From what I recall when they’ve done previous training camps like that trip to Leicestershire last year everyone such as Carol went along then as well. Nothing unusual as you say. Probably a good chance for DC, DF et al to have some discussions about team building away from it all.

3 hours ago, Alsager Whites said:

I'm finding it a bit tedious that anyone who offers a different view from consensus is shut down on the basis that 'Flitcroft knows better, Trust the Process'. No attempt to argue with their original point is made - they're dismissed on the basis of being a layman. Appeal to authority, I believe it is called.

Under this rationale, no one can ever discuss anything! Politics, music, art, film, television. All of those things were made by professionals with more training, ergo you can't discuss it as a layman. There's a predictable cycle at present - event happens, fans offer comment from their own perspective, same 5 people respond with 'you're just a fan, Flitcroft runs the club so trust the process!'. And repeat... dull as dishwater to read!

Flitcroft has got things wrong since he came in. He's got far more right, but there is a few signings which were clearly not correct. Can we discuss the actual merits of the decisions instead of retreating behind sentiments such as "I never cease to be amazed at just how many on here have an 'insight' into everything that goes on at PV--I must be msising out somewhere!!!" and "In that case, Carol, DC and DF should all bow down and admit they’ve got this all wrong.", quoted from the last page alone!

The cumulative hours of football watched on this forum is in the many thousands of hours. Fans offer a perspective on things without the personal biases that can come from working at a club full-time. It's silly and very boring to dismiss their views because they're not David Flitcroft. Mindless moaning for its own sake is of course rubbish, but some people make cogent points at times and are dismissed out of hand as there's this invisible process we should be following, with no one explaining exactly what said process entails!

A few posters, understandably, approach decisions made by the club as inherently positive. Any decision the club makes is the right one. Trust the Process. I can get it, as we had a very good season last year, but I've been a Valiant long enough to retain and trust my own evaluation on things. Trust the Process is becoming a tedious trope, funny at first to lampoon Pope, but now becoming a shield to avoid actual discussion of Port Vale 'summer transfer targets/rumours'. 

Just my two-penneth. I enjoy nothing more with a good football discussion with differing views with my brother in the Lorne Street, but since I decided to start posting Onevalefan appears to have become trusttheprocess.com.

Fantastic post!

"Trust the Process" is just the new mantra that some people trot out at every opportunity in an effort to preach to other fans, and as though they are following the official club line.

Its the latest in an ever increasing list such as KTF / W.N.E. / In Askey We Trust / In Aspin We Trust /.......there was probably even one during Ribeiro's time?!

The irony, having heard Carol on the latest Ale and the Vale, is that Flitcroft - (or 'Flickers' as some refer to him, as though they think he's their mate.......when isn't his nickname actually 'Flicker'?) - seems to hate the phrase, insisting that he only ever said it once, but it has now been picked up and posted ad nauseam as though it is the official club motto.

4 hours ago, Bycarsbill said:

Well put Rob! I never cease to be amazed at just how many on here have an 'insight' into everything that goes on at PV--I must be msising out somewhere!!!

Its fairly safe to say, or assume, that Gibbons, being a home grown player and receiving his last deal a couple of years ago, when still fairly young, was not on a wage anywhere near what Cass would have been offered. Bit unfair but true.

Gibbons pay day was due now but unfortunately for him his last two years has seen him suffer with injuries. Maybe too big a gamble to offer a great wage and a two / three year contract. If Vale only offered a one year say then maybe they were right to do so.

4 hours ago, bobbymanc said:

Don't patronise me. I'm a season ticket holder, been watching Vale for 33 years and class myself as a student of the game. I often study individual players during matches, especially when things aren't quite going to plan. Pett is slow, susceptible to a high press, and too often was a passenger when things weren't going to plan. Things "won't go to plan" more often in league 1. Will he step up? Pett was most effective in those last 2 matches because Gibbo was playing in the back 3. He had more freedom through Gibbos ball carrying. Unfortunately we wouldn't pay him a man's wages so the chemistry to get the most out of Pett has been demolished. I'm looking forward to seeing which ball carrying, hard tackling, maximum commitment centreback we get in to replace him for less than 2k a week...

Agree entirely. Have said many times that our midfield looked a far better set when we had Cass and Jones pushing from the back and ensuring our midfield three / five pushed up. Without this drive our midfield did not look to create enough for the forwards. 

4 hours ago, Iron Curtain said:

I would have liked Taylor to stay … but I can see the rational of letting him go if we were offered cash.

His season at Scunthorpe and since his return he's not been first choice.

He played well for an hour against Swindon when the team were dominating.

And played very well against 10 men playing the wrong formation at Wembley.

He was woeful against Bristol Rovers. When we needed him to dig in and work hard off the ball he didn’t impress. Wrong position or not, he didn’t adapt and do what we needed. Our system does t allow that… you can hate on the system, but it’s delivered us what we have all wanted in promotion.

Hes a great player to have if we are dominating and it’s all going well. In Aussie cricketing terms, is he a flat track bully?

We aren't going to be ontop much next season so the deal makes sense to me.

Maybe Adams at Morcambe is happy to have one player fluke that around his super super ridged defensive structure.

He wouldn’t have been a first choice for us… so it works for all parties IF we got the money we wanted. I back Flickers to have done that.

Totally agree about Taylor. Great when all is good and we are attacking. Disappears when the going gets tough

All the players we have lost so far, i can honestly say that they were all justified in being released or let go.

We now have to replace them with better players for league 1 and ideally 4 plus ready to start in the first 11

First choice keeper, Stone not a consistant number 1 for me 

Centre back to push Smith and take over in the center if needed.

Worrall to be pushed all the way and again replaced if needed.

Really hope that Garrity has the goals in him again

Need strength in depth to push Wilson and Proctor this season, injuries will come.

The above players will do well for us or become squad players which in turn makes us a far stronger team for this coming season and replaces the players who have gone.

Its all down to our new signings we are waiting for.

Archived