onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Summer transfer targets/rumours, retained list etc

werstayinup

He was never an ever present and was never going to be, despite playing his part during the playoffs, he was never going to play as much this season.

When the present team, would’ve been full to capacity, would he have played more? No, not at all, so it’s the right thing by all parties, he never really looked happy on the football pitch, which you get as he wants to play.

Good luck to JT, a lot of potential!

Advert

13 minutes ago, dishydave said:

Looking at it from a business perspective we have just knocked about 6 grand a week off the wage bill with all these fringe players leaving who collectively probably only played a few more minutes than Smith did last season

Not really the right way of looking at it though is it, it’s a totally different position on the pitch. Wingers, forwards, wing backs and attacking midfielders always tend to get rotated more than say a steady centre half or a goalkeeper and some of those positions are much rigorous too. 

7 hours ago, Brian said:

I'm sorry Taylor has gone, but not devastated. 

From the player's point of view, it seems a weird move, but I'm sure he's getting the best possible advice from his people

His people? Sproson? I’m pretty sure he would be well aware himself of his situation here. What would be the point of staying if he isn’t playing, which we all know will be the case. Players have to play for their career. If he stayed here and he hardly played then his next move could be a disaster. He isn’t uprooting to a new town and club based on someone else advising him. The players are the ones with the final say. If we really wanted him to stay we wouldn’t have sold him. 

I think too many react to the moment without any knowledge of the actual facts . 
There are obviously reasons why most players move around , usually cash, but there are also many underlying reasons we don’t know about . 
Taylor has gone , Gibbons has  gone etc ( their choice as I see it they could have stayed ) so before making out it’s an absolute tragedy for the Club when players leave why not wait and see who we get in their place . 
We are building as a Club people will come and go it’s part and parcel of how it all works . Decisions will be made , not all will work out but as long as we move forward then that’s a result . 
Interesting to note a few Managers this week expressing their disbelief at being ‘blown out of the water’ by other Clubs paying stupid salaries to players they were interested in but got nowhere near ! Obviously you don’t get every player you go for if you’re not prepared to risk the future of your Club and I don’t blame them one bit ! 
UTV

We signed a center midfielder and we are trialling a center midfielder. If all our central midfielders are fit Taylor would be 6th choice, just ahead of Charsley, he wouldn’t have had many games next season. Shame he is going as he adds an attackive option none of the others do but we need strengthening in other areas.

8 minutes ago, philpvfc said:

We signed a center midfielder and we are trialling a center midfielder. If all our central midfielders are fit Taylor would be 6th choice, just ahead of Charsley, he wouldn’t have had many games next season. Shame he is going as he adds an attackive option none of the others do but we need strengthening in other areas.

The harsh reality is that Jake has never reached the levels we hoped for and he is very prone to injury and this may be a very shrewd deal, not that we know what it is. We already now have a good stock of midfielders and with Conlon on the way back we have to be sensible on what we need: for me we need cover at right back and perhaps a nippy forward: I think Taylor may have been signed on his past record and he never reached that level and the contract he was given was too long: he and Martin move on as do we; good luck to them

22 minutes ago, philpvfc said:

Taylor was already 6th choice last season: behind Conlon, Pett, Garrity, Charsley and Walker. If the wide players / wing backs are included he was arguably 10th choice.

I was really impressed with his first spell, when he took his chance and was clearly ahead of Conlon.

But second spell, injuries aside, he was too lightweight, prone to dwell on the ball, and not enough of a battler for the current regime. Cf Burgess.

Perhaps his relative success in his first spell reflects more on how poor the team / squad was at that time.

I wish him the best in his future career, but doubt he would have made the contribution currently needed and expected at the Vale.

I fully support the Club's decision to keep shtum on possible signings, but equally I think they should be making an effort to keep fans on side and informed.  So a "we're talking to several potential signings but we won't know anything till..." type of press release wouldn't go amiss. 
Or a "Vale are negotiating with several strikers and a new keeper" would at least keep fans involved and excited for the new season. 
I think it's called Public Relations, Carol. 
What I was talking about:

https://www.stokesentinel.co.u...e-transfer-news-clarke-7308316

Now we have a better idea of what the club has in mind....

I thought that players had more time on the ball in league 1. Taylor might of excelled who knows. One thought, who is to say Conlon  wont brake down on return. Jake Taylor was a good player who Clarke did not seem to like. Just hope we dont rue Taylor going.

I thought that players had more time on the ball in league 1. Taylor might of excelled who knows. One thought, who is to say Conlon  wont brake down on return. Jake Taylor was a good player who Clarke did not seem to like. Just hope we dont rue Taylor going.
Well we will know from his Morecambe performances. Either way, I have complete faith that we'll barely notice that he's gone, particularly once the window has closed

9 hours ago, LancyTony said:

Pett could have been MOTM in several games last season - if you think he's not having a good game, watch him properly - if hr's playing well, we're playing well! He's pretty much a starter every game/

Don't patronise me. I'm a season ticket holder, been watching Vale for 33 years and class myself as a student of the game. I often study individual players during matches, especially when things aren't quite going to plan. Pett is slow, susceptible to a high press, and too often was a passenger when things weren't going to plan. Things "won't go to plan" more often in league 1. Will he step up? Pett was most effective in those last 2 matches because Gibbo was playing in the back 3. He had more freedom through Gibbos ball carrying. Unfortunately we wouldn't pay him a man's wages so the chemistry to get the most out of Pett has been demolished. I'm looking forward to seeing which ball carrying, hard tackling, maximum commitment centreback we get in to replace him for less than 2k a week...

Archived