onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Summer transfer targets/rumours, retained list etc

werstayinup

I'm very disappointed Taylor has left from the perspective of the club and as a Vale fan. Going to Sheff Wed or Ipswich I could understand but bleedin' Morecombe, ffs.

I said in a previous post I hoped he would stay and fight for a starting place at Vale but that he could likely move if he didn't get much game time by the end of August.  It's telling from the video when he says it's "Great to be somewhere where your wanted" or words to that effect as he was virtually outcast as soon as DC arrived and even when he was fit and did play and played well, Taylor didn't get much game time so it's no surprise he's decided to jump ship.

Jake Taylor has the skill and the all round game to be successful in Lge 1 at least if he can stay fit in a competitive team. At Vale I could see him and Conlon together with an athletic, solid defensive midfielder playing as the 3 CM's which is what I read Ojo to be. Some of the skill Taylor produced last season, even the few times he did play, was superb, the Cryuff turn and pass to Benning at Wembley was brilliant, befitting a Prem player, I wanna see moments like this from Vale players during the season.

Letting Taylor go now, unless there us an underlying injury issue, makes no sense to me, it's gonna take either a lot of money or luck to replace him but we move on. I for one hope he achieves his potential but not against Vale.

Advert

1 hour ago, ollyandpatch said:

This evening...

well if they have gone to spain tonight they have left behind nathan smith , maybe he is leaving as well , because he was deffo in my local at 9,00pm

fed up of hearing "trust the process "....we have lost 2 of our best players in Gibbo and Taylor , bought in Ojo who looks good on paper , bought in Cass which was a done deal last season , so what has the process been up to ?....surely we would have had targets lined up at the end of last season , its starting to look like theres a few chinks in the process armor , lots of good players being signed by clubs in our division , think we are in for a long hard season

3 minutes ago, mvb said:

well if they have gone to spain tonight they have left behind nathan smith , maybe he is leaving as well , because he was deffo in my local at 9,00pm

Offley arms? 
Ive seen a picture of Clarke and Carol at the raddison hotel Manchester. So probably a morning flight to Spain. 

5 minutes ago, sandyford_valiant said:

Offley arms? 
Ive seen a picture of Clarke and Carol at the raddison hotel Manchester. So probably a morning flight to Spain. 

he was in the broughton  near wychwood  with a load of lads 

4 hours ago, philmpv said:

Really? Wow

That's your opinion, fair enough, but I personally think you've been watching a different team to me over the past 12 months

31 year old Tom Pett ahead of 23 year old Jake Taylor? That's an absolute no brained to me. Pett, like Taylor had his best two games of the season in the second playoff match and the final. He did a job at times for us this season, but I'm concerned he'll get mugged in league 1. It happened enough in league 2, except teams didn't have the ability to punish us. I hope Brad Walker continues to improve, as he was getting better every week until his injury at Hartlepool. Still not entirely convinced by him though.

15 minutes ago, bobbymanc said:

31 year old Tom Pett ahead of 23 year old Jake Taylor? That's an absolute no brained to me. Pett, like Taylor had his best two games of the season in the second playoff match and the final. He did a job at times for us this season, but I'm concerned he'll get mugged in league 1. It happened enough in league 2, except teams didn't have the ability to punish us. I hope Brad Walker continues to improve, as he was getting better every week until his injury at Hartlepool. Still not entirely convinced by him though.

Pett could have been MOTM in several games last season - if you think he's not having a good game, watch him properly - if hr's playing well, we're playing well! He's pretty much a starter every game/

Totally agree.

I watched Jake Taylor play DM against Bristol Rovers.

Vice-Captain Pett had some of the best stats for a DM in League 2.

From memory don't think Pett was missing 95% of the season either.

7 minutes ago, LancyTony said:

Pett could have been MOTM in several games last season - if you think he's not having a good game, watch him properly - if hr's playing well, we're playing well! He's pretty much a starter every game/

Absolutely agree with this. Pett barely had a bad game last season. Did a lot of tidying up in the middle and would often win the ball back with tackles and what not. Something we've missing for a while since grant left. Him, Ojo , garrity and the returning conlon is more then good enough this season 

Pett is a good solid midfielder who I think will be fine in league one 

Archived